Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Thinking of investing in a VR. Wife's not a huge gamer but we did VR at a friend's and she really enjoyed it. What's the best console for it or should I just invest heavily in a PC(I kinda need a new gaming PC anyway).

Definitely PC, but if you have a Playstation, they have a VR headset as well. I don't know what PS offers on that front, but if that is your main goal then an Xbox won't help you at all.

PSVR was awesome but definitely lower resolution. 

PSVR2 almost seems DOA though.  Like it' been out since February and they still haven't even announced any "must have" games or anything.  I'm super happy I didn't buy it due to FOMO at the time.  I had it preordered but canceled it like a week before launch.  

For the best VR experience you will want a PC.

For convenience and ease of use, you may want a PS5.  Also keep in mind, PSVR works on PS5 also.  And PSVR2 is not backwards compatible.

7 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Screenshot_20230906-220438_Facebook.thumb.jpg.602575164e3f48034e5c2252a5700887.jpg

The Sony fanboys are doing and saying everything to try and destroy Starfield for some reason. Its really getting pathetic at this point. I didn't think the console wars and raging fanboys was still a thing until the Microsoft/Activision brought the Sony fanboys out of the woodwork.

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

The Sony fanboys are doing and saying everything to try and destroy Starfield for some reason. Its really getting pathetic at this point. I didn't think the console wars and raging fanboys was still a thing until the Microsoft/Activision brought the Sony fanboys out of the woodwork.

Oh it’s def a thing and it’s going both ways. Kinda silly to watch people defend to their own internet death their favorite over priced hardware lol. **** makes no sense. 

That said, Starfield is ****ing space Skyrim. And if you know anything about fans of Skyrim you would understand what that is in my pocket and why it’s throbbing. So thanks! 

8 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Not getting Starfield until I upgrade my PC. Still playing BG3 anyway.

How far are you? And tell me more about this PC upgrade if you have any thoughts. I wanna upgrade mine too….but my pockets……

15 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Oh it’s def a thing and it’s going both ways. Kinda silly to watch people defend to their own internet death their favorite over priced hardware lol. **** makes no sense. 

That said, Starfield is ****ing space Skyrim. And if you know anything about fans of Skyrim you would understand what that is in my pocket and why it’s throbbing. So thanks! 

How far are you? And tell me more about this PC upgrade if you have any thoughts. I wanna upgrade mine too….but my pockets……

If I had to compare Starfield to another Bethesda game, it would Fallout 4...which I didn't like. I've only just made it out of the tutorial and it took me about 4 hours to get to that point. I've stopped to scan, loot, search and read EVERYTHING! I really like that they've put books back into their game, maybe not as many as Morrowind, but its better than nothing.

I have to BIG gripes so far, with the game and they're both technical and has nothing to do with actual gameplay.

1. Bethesda can't make a decent UI to save their lives, the last decent one they had was Oblivion which also wasn't that great. The UI is clunky and uninformative and reminds me too much of Fallout. At least in Fallout the terrible UI was because of the pip boy aesthetic, don't know why they chose that with this game. I wan't pictures of my armor/weapons without having to click on them. Sounds nitpicky, but wait until you have to deal with the user interface.

2. Fallout/Skyrim are pretty simple games (especially Skyrim), Starfield has a lot going on...even though I'm technically still in the tutorial stage or at the very end of it. They are a lot stats and they don't tell you what they are or what they mean. Some type of in game guide/manual AT LEAST should be a no brainer with games nowadays, I don't know what half of this **** means. Starfield doesn't tell you what it means and Cyberpunk 2077 doesn't let you see all of your stats at all. I don't know why they went with these game choices.

Minor Spoilers

Spoiler

When you open up your star map for the first time, I actually felt a sense of wonder. Open up your map as soon as you can.

I tried to go into this game as blind as I could after the show case, you all should do the same.

• Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I can speak with animals now. Not yet sure how I can use this still, but I have it. 

Is it a background trait? I went with pilgrim, I'm big into crafting so that one suits me. My first skill was "weight lifting", now I can carry more ****. My next skill will be boost packing, I want to get that one early...I'm still level 2.

18 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So uh, how do I get out of prison?

Look around, there's usually a hidden passage somewhere, if you're where I think you might be, there are some ledges to jump across once you get out of the cell itself.

Re: speaking with animals, you can use it on pretty much any animal.  Most of them won't have a ton to say, but if there's an animal that seems out of place, seems to have story significance, or keeps showing up, that can be a good one to talk to.

On 9/7/2023 at 6:43 AM, Llevron said:

it’s space fallout 4… and god help me I can’t stop picking up junk. I’m in constant conflict with my carrying capacity. I have no idea what to do with it but I can’t stop, especially if I see rolls of tape.  Also, beds are over powered. Seriously. There are beds everywhere and they heal you to full. I have wandered into pirate dens without medkits and dominated by taking naps between groups.

I have to say though, the characters all look too happy coming from cyberpunk. Cyberpunk’s entire angry urban vibe is unmatched. 

• Haha 2

On 9/7/2023 at 6:21 PM, Simmsy said:

Is it a background trait? I went with pilgrim, I'm big into crafting so that one suits me. My first skill was "weight lifting", now I can carry more ****. My next skill will be boost packing, I want to get that one early...I'm still level 2.

On 9/7/2023 at 6:25 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

I think it’s a spell I know?

Y’all are talking about two different games lolol 

41 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

84b97c1644fa9d95de2ca5503327cf25

Not far off actually lol 

• Haha 2

On 9/9/2023 at 9:34 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

I hope Timber the squirrel isn’t important because I just kicked him through a tree. 

I have been threatening @dfitzo53 and our party with his dead body for weeks now. I would say I miss him but he is always with me. 

I threw him at them a few times but once I realized they take damage from the impact i decided it wasn’t worth it. Yet. 

• Haha 2