Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nintendo Direct happening now: https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-08-2023/

First announcement is Pikmin 4.

More Xenoblade 3 expansion pass stuff.  Shulk and Alvis from Xenoblade 1 make an appearance, and they do a flyby of the Gaur Plains.  Curious if there's some big Xenoblade 1 story tie-in beyond just adding heroes to Xenoblade 3.

Some weird very anime JRPG where you play as a cop; takes place in "real world" and cyberspace?

More details on Bayonetta: Origins spinoff game.  Has some Okami vibes to it art-wise, and the mechanic of controlling Cereza and Cheshire simultaneously will probably be a bit like Astral Chain.

Splatoon DLC

A Cartooney Mickey-Mouse co-op platformer: Illusion Island.

Octopath Traveller II demo available now

16-bit inspired JRPG Sea of Stars.

New content included with the Kirby's Return To Dreamland port.

Gameboy(+Color and Advance) games being added to Nintendo Switch Online.  Multiplayer available.

Metroid Prime remastered (only mentioned the first game so far, not the trilogy; 2 and 3 to come later?).  Launches today.

Baten Kaitos remastered; This was a game series by Monolith before they were bought by Nintendo.  Hope they managed to fix the audio; the original had some issues there.

New Professor Layton game.

Capping it off with The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.

Edited by PokerPacker

22 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Have they said if the new Zelda game has traditional dungeons?  That was my one major gripe about the first one.  I liked it but only 4 beasts kinda sucked.

it hasn’t been confirmed, but I agree with you. 

theory is this pic is too blatantly obvious for a Zelda game and would imply 7 dungeons or at least beast size areas where you get crystals or something probably called tears 

E1193BE2-914A-4A50-9909-A54E0BCA44F9.thumb.jpeg.20b717db6a7204a59b4500a1979a4908.jpeg

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

Have they said if the new Zelda game has traditional dungeons?  That was my one major gripe about the first one.  I liked it but only 4 beasts kinda sucked.

Didn't say it, but the trailer looked like it had some dungeony things.  I really hope there's more to it than Breath of the Wild.

I'm also still not a fan of the voice-acting in Zelda.  Give me the awkward grunts and text-boxes.

10 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Didn't say it, but the trailer looked like it had some dungeony things.  I really hope there's more to it than Breath of the Wild.

I'm also still not a fan of the voice-acting in Zelda.  Give me the awkward grunts and text-boxes.

I’m fine with voice acting in Zelda but that Ganondorf opening voice was awful. Should have spent more time finding the right voice or performance 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

On 2/7/2023 at 8:40 PM, CRobi21 said:

This game is verrrrry addicting...

image.jpeg.b15d4ebd3f2a8c8ebca2935bee3c8d35.jpeg

Seems like it would be right up @PokerPacker alley with it's retro gameplay. Kind of a hassle when you first start off but once you start understanding the weapons and evolving abilities, that's when the addiction kicks in.

Can be a game you grind (loaded with a massive amount of achievements) or simply a time killer while you're waiting for friends to get online.

Getting achievements help me collect Microsoft reward points, I heard this game passes out a ton of achievements and downloaded in on Gamepass. This game is awesome, its incredibly simple, yet also very addicting. It reminds me of all those flash games we used to kill time playing way back in high school. I don't know how much it costs, but if you have GamePass, there is no reason not to check it out.

I am not really excited for Zelda.  Like I will definitely get it and play the **** out of it, but I am not in the "I cant wait for this game to come out" camp.  I felt that way for God of War and Elden Ring last year though, and they lived up to the hype big time.  

But something about Zelda just isn't getting me too excited.  I think it's because it just looks identical graphically to BotW, which isn't a bad thing really, but again, it just doesn't get me excited or anything since clips of the game look like BotW to me.

26 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

I think I’m going to sell the Switch. Really interested in PSVR2 with Gran Tourismo and Resident Evil. I really wished they had larger scale games for it like a God of War or something. I know they have Horizon coming, but I think it’s a smaller game. 

I’ve never played a VR game. 

You are in for a treat if you've never played VR.  Videos of it do not do it any justice.

And if you have't played a horror game in VR, you are in for another treat.  RE8 is going to be scary AF in VR.  I don't know if you played RE8 already but if you haven't and it's your first experience with it, oh boy....

RE7 on PSVR was my first experience with RE7 and it scared the crap out of me.  The game was stressful to play.  But I loved how uncomfortable it made me feel.

I'd also HIGHLY recommend getting over the ear headphones and not just little ear buds.  It adds to the immersion big time.  And you don't need fancy headphones.  I have some $35 Turtle Beach headphones that I used with PSVR and they were perfect.

I canceled my preorder for PSVR 2.  I had it preordered since the day they went on preorder from Sony's site mid-November.  I only canceled it because they preorders are still available and I'd rather go in a store and buy it than have it shipped.  But I may wait a month or few to get it and see if the price drops a bit.

Also once you start playing some VR games, you won't really care about not having a full fledge game like God of War in VR.  Not all traditional games translate well to VR and the best games in VR are ones that aren't even possible in non-VR.  Games like Moss, Astrobot, Statik, Beat Saber, etc.  Those are some of the best games in VR and simply not even possible without it.

But some games, like horror games, take great advantage of it, like Resident Evil.

Also since you've never done it, you may be in for a rude awakening in how it makes you feel.  Don't jump into a game like RE8 as your first title.  Play a game first where you are stationary to kind of get your VR feet wet.  Going straight into a game like that where you are moving could really mess with you motion sickness wise.  Hell even when I played RE7, I didn't have smooth turning on.  I had it turn at like 30 degree increments and that helped a lot.  The PSVR 2 has a higher refresh rate though and higher resolution, so that should help a bit as well.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, purbeast said:

You are in for a treat if you've never played VR.  Videos of it do not do it any justice.

And if you have't played a horror game in VR, you are in for another treat.  RE8 is going to be scary AF in VR.  I don't know if you played RE8 already but if you haven't and it's your first experience with it, oh boy....

RE7 on PSVR was my first experience with RE7 and it scared the crap out of me.  The game was stressful to play.  But I loved how uncomfortable it made me feel.

I'd also HIGHLY recommend getting over the ear headphones and not just little ear buds.  It adds to the immersion big time.  And you don't need fancy headphones.  I have some $35 Turtle Beach headphones that I used with PSVR and they were perfect.

I canceled my preorder for PSVR 2.  I had it preordered since the day they went on preorder from Sony's site mid-November.  I only canceled it because they preorders are still available and I'd rather go in a store and buy it than have it shipped.  But I may wait a month or few to get it and see if the price drops a bit.

Also once you start playing some VR games, you won't really care about not having a full fledge game like God of War in VR.  Not all traditional games translate well to VR and the best games in VR are ones that aren't even possible in non-VR.  Games like Moss, Astrobot, Statik, Beat Saber, etc.  Those are some of the best games in VR and simply not even possible without it.

But some games, like horror games, take great advantage of it, like Resident Evil.

Also since you've never done it, you may be in for a rude awakening in how it makes you feel.  Don't jump into a game like RE8 as your first title.  Play a game first where you are stationary to kind of get your VR feet wet.  Going straight into a game like that where you are moving could really mess with you motion sickness wise.  Hell even when I played RE7, I didn't have smooth turning on.  I had it turn at like 30 degree increments and that helped a lot.  The PSVR 2 has a higher refresh rate though and higher resolution, so that should help a bit as well.

Good stuff, thanks. I was looking at other sites and didn’t see it available. I thought you could only order it through PlayStation. But, you know more than me for sure. I just have money at GameStop. 

Actually, just looked and it appears to be going to stores on release date. I really wish it was $399 like the last release. But, I get why it’s more expensive this time.

yeah, I already have the Sony Wxm4’s (or whatever their called) noise canceling headphones. I love them. 

i might try to get through some games first before grabbing it. Still at the beginning of Ragnarok.

7 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Good stuff, thanks. I was looking at other sites and didn’t see it available. I thought you could only order it through PlayStation. But, you know more than me for sure. I just have money at GameStop. 

Actually, just looked and it appears to be going to stores on release date. I really wish it was $399 like the last release. But, I get why it’s more expensive this time.

yeah, I already have the Sony Wxm4’s (or whatever their called) noise canceling headphones. I love them. 

i might try to get through some games first before grabbing it. Still at the beginning of Ragnarok.

Yeah you can't preorder anywhere (yet - not sure if you will be able to but its only a couple weeks out) but stores are going to have it on launch, and the fact you can go to Sony's site right now and still preorder, along with the reports recently about lackluster preorder numbers, I am not worried about being able to secure one.

Also, unless you can make those headphones hardwired, I don't think they will work with PSVR 2.  It has a 3.5mm jack that you can plug headphones into.

1 hour ago, purbeast said:

Yeah you can't preorder anywhere (yet - not sure if you will be able to but its only a couple weeks out) but stores are going to have it on launch, and the fact you can go to Sony's site right now and still preorder, along with the reports recently about lackluster preorder numbers, I am not worried about being able to secure one.

Also, unless you can make those headphones hardwired, I don't think they will work with PSVR 2.  It has a 3.5mm jack that you can plug headphones into.

thanks. I do use those headphones with the PS5 controller, so they should work

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

I am not really excited for Zelda.  Like I will definitely get it and play the **** out of it, but I am not in the "I cant wait for this game to come out" camp.  I felt that way for God of War and Elden Ring last year though, and they lived up to the hype big time.  

But something about Zelda just isn't getting me too excited.  I think it's because it just looks identical graphically to BotW, which isn't a bad thing really, but again, it just doesn't get me excited or anything since clips of the game look like BotW to me.

Yeah, I'm there with you.  BotW was my least favorite Zelda game, so seeing them go right back to it has me not so excited.  Haven't decided if I'll pick up day one.  Perhaps more trailers will come out as release day approaches and convince me that I need it.

• Like 1

I’m mostly excited to see what they do with the story since it seems like this might actually end the timeline by bringing them all together and tie in to skyward sword, the first one, somehow. 

im really quite over the timeline and wish they would just do anthology type games or like a 2-3 game standalone arc with unique stories rather than recycling the same story and fitting it into the same battle over history  so it fits into the timeline 

New York CNN —

The world of Harry Potter is getting new life.

Hogwarts Legacy – the new open-world video game by Avalanche and Warner Bros. Discovery, CNN’s parent company, will be released Friday, to much anticipation.

The single-player game has been five years in the making — experts put its budget at $150 million. The game already broke a record on Twitch for being the most-watched single-player game, played by streamers who got the game early. And it’s the No. 1 pre-sale this week on gaming platform Steam.

“Open world style games are a really a big deal in the games industry,” said Joost van Dreunen, an adjunct professor at New York University’s Stern School of Business who was formerly CEO of games market research firm Super Data Research. “The expectations are quite high not just from the consumers, but also from the game makers themselves.”

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Has anyone messed around with this game called "Levelhead"? Its basically a multi platform, knock off version of Mario Maker (MM). We have a switch in the house, I bought MM2 and I've probably gotten to play it about 4 times. I wish other companies would take the MM format and run with it. I would love to a MM Castlevania, Mega Man, Contra, etc. I also have a long, false hope that somehow Bangai-O Spirits might get a new game.

• Like 2