Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3 hours ago, Llevron said:

I haven't beat GOWR yet....and I just knew I would be done with this joint in a week. Way more to do than I thought there would be. It seems to be wayyyy bigger than the first game. 

I want to complete all the side missions I can before I finish....im right where I assume the very end of the game starts. I was pretty upset at how they did my mans.....

Game is so legit. You can tell they really loved what they made. I do too. I want to ****ing kill Odin though. MF'er has to go now.

Also the one time he called Atreus boy in this game gave me ****ing chills.   

Yeah I definitely noticed the lack of "boy" being used in the game.  It HAD to be partially due to the feedback they heard from the first one lol.  Like I get it that Atreus is older and this is kind of his story, so it made sense, but in the first one it was WWWWAAAAYYYYY overdone haha.

And yeah I finished it with most side missions done that I could do prior.  There is still quite a bit to do after you beat it too, even more story parts.

I checked yesterday and had 56 hours into it.

12 hours ago, purbeast said:

The last Berserker in God of War is a **** holy ****.  I changed difficulty to the easiest and still can barely get him down half his health.  F me.

Same, man. I beat the game on medium difficulty, and had to crank it down to "Give me Story" for half of the beserkers (and especially the King) and the Valkyrie Queen. Still got my ass handed to me about half a dozen times easy before I could even start to find and counter the patterns. 

10 hours ago, purbeast said:

Yeah I definitely noticed the lack of "boy" being used in the game.  It HAD to be partially due to the feedback they heard from the first one lol.  Like I get it that Atreus is older and this is kind of his story, so it made sense, but in the first one it was WWWWAAAAYYYYY overdone haha.

I don’t think it had anything to do with fan feedback from using boy in the last game or because Atreus is older. The way I interpreted it was because Kratos didn’t have a great relationship and didn’t know how to connect with Atreus st the start of the first game and that impersonal “boy” was part of that. He kept his distance and didn’t get too attached so to speak to protect Atreus from himself and his past, as he sort of acknowledges in the flashbacks in this game. The fact he basically solely calls him Atreus in this game shows how much he’s opened his heart to him and connected with him over the course of their journey as they did relationship has grown over the years. It’s also shown in how much more open Kratos is in Ragnarok about talking to others, especially Atreus, about his past. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, turtle said:

how do you get side missions? only have done the one where you destroy the rigs.

Just exploring. You’ll see things pop up to investigate or check on or other characters will comment on or notice something. That usually starts them. Some also naturally occur thru the course of the story, hey this character also wants to do this since we are here type of thing 

• Like 1

Never has a boss fight made me more angry than the ****ing Berserker trio...the fire & ice twins are ****ing whores. This **** is worse than any fight in the previous game. My all strength armor set was perfect for my playstyle: Don't get hit, hit stuff hard, stuff dies. But you cannot avoid these ****ers. I made it through this whole game without using a resurrection stone....and now even when giving in and using one, these ****es are just abusing me. I can kill the one guy, but then the twins go extra crazy and i cant even keep up with them. 

I hate this game lol. I want to beat it but I have to kill these ****ers first and they wont let me do it. 

On 12/14/2022 at 11:55 AM, purbeast said:

And yeah I finished it with most side missions done that I could do prior.  There is still quite a bit to do after you beat it too, even more story parts.

I checked yesterday and had 56 hours into it.

I just knew I would be done after about 40~ hours but im not even close yet. 

13 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I don’t think it had anything to do with fan feedback from using boy in the last game or because Atreus is older. The way I interpreted it was because Kratos didn’t have a great relationship and didn’t know how to connect with Atreus st the start of the first game and that impersonal “boy” was part of that. He kept his distance and didn’t get too attached so to speak to protect Atreus from himself and his past, as he sort of acknowledges in the flashbacks in this game. The fact he basically solely calls him Atreus in this game shows how much he’s opened his heart to him and connected with him over the course of their journey as they did relationship has grown over the years. It’s also shown in how much more open Kratos is in Ragnarok about talking to others, especially Atreus, about his past. 

They made a thing out of it in the first game. Atreus specifically called him out about 'not even knowing his name' and he started to call him by his name more often. It was towards the end of the game so it fits perfectly how they did it here. They really tell good stories. Super dope how they continue Kratos' growth as a character. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

@Llevronyeah that was the final Berserker that I killed and it was tough.  And funnily enough, when I did kill them, I didn't even have to use a resurrection stone.  I just completely dominated somehow.  

My strategy was to go hard at the berserker dude and then go after the twins.  But those damn twins just abuse you from behind while trying to get to the main guy.

And now I still haven't beaten the Berserker King and he's a huge ****.  Yesterday I got him down pretty low on health but nope, didn't do it.

RE: the "boy" discussion...

I don't really remember much of the first game since it's been over 4 years since I played it, other than hearing the word "boy" come out of his mouth every other word lol.

Edited by purbeast

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

@Llevronyeah that was the final Berserker that I killed and it was tough.  And funnily enough, when I did kill them, I didn't even have to use a resurrection stone.  I just completely dominated somehow.  

My strategy was to go hard at the berserker dude and then go after the twins.  But those damn twins just abuse you from behind while trying to get to the main guy.

And now I still haven't beaten the Berserker King and he's a huge ****.  Yesterday I got him down pretty low on health but nope, didn't do it.

RE: the "boy" discussion...

I don't really remember much of the first game since it's been over 4 years since I played it, other than hearing the word "boy" come out of his mouth every other word lol.

This is the only fight in the game that's making me regret playing on Give me God of War. The twins one shot me. Im going to have to upgrade some armor with some defense, I guess. Or vitality. Something. 

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

Never has a boss fight made me more angry than the ****ing Berserker trio...the fire & ice twins are ****ing whores. This **** is worse than any fight in the previous game. My all strength armor set was perfect for my playstyle: Don't get hit, hit stuff hard, stuff dies. But you cannot avoid these ****ers. I made it through this whole game without using a resurrection stone....and now even when giving in and using one, these ****es are just abusing me. I can kill the one guy, but then the twins go extra crazy and i cant even keep up with them. 

they are a pain. I haven’t beaten it yet. Almost beat it when I first encountered it, which I’ve done with all the others so far (9 so far) but this one got me. I go back and forth on whether I want to go for the twins first or the dude. I usually take care of him first and had the twins down to a few hits when one of those homing device Ranni moon shots got me 

I also don’t understand how people play stuff like heavy strength builds because all The armors seem too similar. 

i ended up right around where I always ended up in the last game 

strength: mid 300s

defense: mid 300s

runic: high 100s low 200s

cooldown: 125-150

vitality: 100

i don’t even see the options for more. Maybe I’ll play around with everything more. I have like 1.2million hack silver left and have already upgraded 5-6 full armor sets to get the different looks for my skins. Ravens crest fully upgraded with the shimmering blue is goated

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

4 hours ago, Llevron said:

They made a thing out of it in the first game. Atreus specifically called him out about 'not even knowing his name' and he started to call him by his name more often. It was towards the end of the game so it fits perfectly how they did it here. They really tell good stories. Super dope how they continue Kratos' growth as a character. 

really made that 

Spoiler

“Loki goes. Atreus stays (heart)”

moment devastating 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

This is the only fight in the game that's making me regret playing on Give me God of War. The twins one shot me. Im going to have to upgrade some armor with some defense, I guess. Or vitality. Something. 

I played on normal and had to change it to the easiest mode to face the King and I still haven't beaten him.

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

Find the armor and relics that can activate realm shifts to slow time. About the only other method I can think of.

Nah I beat it tonight first try. Haven’t tried since i first encountered it. 

Amulet of Tyrfing slows time with a realm shift. Upgrade the base/starting armor set. It has insane stats when it’s fully upgraded and is easily the best in the game it just doesn’t have any perks. Don’t need them. You are a walking tank. I also have the fully upgraded chaos blade handles that realm shift when you trigger immolation 

it was a piece of cake 

3 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Nah I beat it tonight first try. Haven’t tried since i first encountered it. 

Amulet of Tyrfing slows time with a realm shift. Upgrade the base/starting armor set. It has insane stats when it’s fully upgraded and is easily the best in the game it just doesn’t have any perks. Don’t need them. You are a walking tank. I also have the fully upgraded chaos blade handles that realm shift when you trigger immolation 

it was a piece of cake 

See I went the opposite path and choose violence. I think it’s the second set of armor you get, maxes your strength out at over 500. I love it. I also hate it. My vitality is literally 4 lol. But it’s ok. Vengeance will be mine. 

Ima kill these hookers next. Decided to finish the game so I can go upgrade the weapons to max. And then they will die. 

The ending of this game was amazing. This is the kind of game that made me want to grow up to be a game developer when I was a wee lad. They don’t make **** like this anymore. 

4 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

Find the armor and relics that can activate realm shifts to slow time. About the only other method I can think of.

I tried that too but I didn’t save enough to level them all the way up, so that may be next. I wanna try a few different armors/builds but realm shift is on the list. I just want things to die fast, really. 

• Like 1

Yeah I don't know exactly what I added to my build but the realm shift and then using the fully fire charged R2 button just completely hurts everyone.

I defeated the 2 "after game" bosses last night finally and then finished the crucible.  The crucible seemed like a god damn joke after beating the other 2 bosses lol.  It's a bit tedious the way it's set up too.

I literally have 1 undiscovered area to find in the game and then I am 100% on it.  I am also not sure how to level Kratos up to level 9 because I have every weapon and armor that I'm wearing totally maxed out.  

Then I can finally move onto some other game.  It's been an incredible run.

@Llevron check out the crucible and play through it.  You will get stupid amounts of resources to max out stuff.  

Edited by purbeast

15 hours ago, purbeast said:

@Llevron check out the crucible and play through it.  You will get stupid amounts of resources to max out stuff.  

That’s exactly what I did. Made a build more focused on longevity and health regen…completely made the bosses from there nothing. I don’t like to play this way usually. It’s too easy, you just wait for your chances to strike and then wait. It’s like watching a Floyd Maywether fight. But they made me so mad it’s enjoyable to turn that around and be literally invincible. I went from being 1 shot to eating the red circle attacks just cause moving wouldn’t let me hit them as much. 

Grats on the 100% I’m going to get eventually. I’m on my revenge tour right now 👹