Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Enough with the zone defense.

wtfskins

I know they've given up a bunch of points, and there have been a couple of massively disappointing defensive drives the last 2 weeks, but in total, I really like the way JDR is handling the defense.  

In general, when the opposing offense has to go 80+ yards, they can't do it.  

A couple extremely disappointing notable exceptions.  Like the opening drive of the 2nd half yesterday.  That was very unfortunate.  The drive after we scored in Cleveland to pull pretty close (I don't remember the exact score) we needed a stop and they ran right down the field.  So, it's not perfect.

But overall, I really like the defense, the scheme, players and coaching.  

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I know they've given up a bunch of points, and there have been a couple of massively disappointing defensive drives the last 2 weeks, but in total, I really like the way JDR is handling the defense.  

In general, when the opposing offense has to go 80+ yards, they can't do it.  

A couple extremely disappointing notable exceptions.  Like the opening drive of the 2nd half yesterday.  That was very unfortunate.  The drive after we scored in Cleveland to pull pretty close (I don't remember the exact score) we needed a stop and they ran right down the field.  So, it's not perfect.

But overall, I really like the defense, the scheme, players and coaching.  

Agreed. I have no issue whatsoever with the coaching on D. We lack big time talent outside the DL. No amount of scheming will allow any of our LBs to cover someone like Mark Andrews.

22 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Im actually disappointed in Landon Collins this year, He takes very poor angles and often times misses tackles in space....or maybe its just me but I'm wondering if anyone else has also seen this.

Collins is not in our top ten things to be disappointed in

1 minute ago, SemperFi Skins said:

we do not have a plan to ever cover TE's

I thought JHC or SDH would be doing this but JHC opted out and SDH from what I hear has looked really bad, so we have to see who's next. I thought Curl was doing a good job week 1 but I guess he's not the guy permanently doing that. 

1 hour ago, bowhunter said:

Collins is not in our top ten things to be disappointed in

Really? Hes in our top ten pay....i havent seen the production from him to warrant the pay...and on multiple plays have seen him not wrapping up or missing tackles...

On 10/5/2020 at 12:57 PM, method man said:

We have to carry this guy one more year before we can cut him. What a bust and joke of a signing in the first place. Who the hell pays that type of money for a strong safety in today's NFL? Even if he were playing well, he'd still be overpaid

bruce allen.jpg

34 minutes ago, wtfskins said:

Another td againist the zone why are we still playing this defense?

Cause with how the Rams operate, they'd have open runners laterally all the time in a Man D.  Rub routes, picks,  leaking against play action, etc.  Zones are a way to help against that.

Problem we're having is our linebackers and safeties are playing their responsibilities so poorly that we're damned if we go straight Man...and we're damned if we go Zone.  Kind of screwed regardless.

Archived