Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Insomniac thread: 2020 - Week 3 - Welcomes the restless,die hard drunken fans!!!

LetThePointsSoar

It's week 3, and I'm even more anxious than normal, so I'm beating my friend @zskins to the punch this week.

To me, this feels like a turning point game this early in the season - we win this one and maybe we right the ship and could compete for a .500 record this year and potentially a sneak into the playoffs because the NFCE is so bad... Lose, and we likely have another high draft pick next spring. 

I'm sipping an old fashioned, but hanging with the in laws in KC this weekend so no fancy meals on deck for me tomorrow. 

What's everyone drinking or cooking? 

27 minutes ago, zskins said:

You ****! lol

I just ate dinner so will chill for in a bit with my Bacardi rum and some coke. :)

The Browns of the yesteryear were beatable but this year with OBJ and the way Mayfield is playing I have a feeling we won't win this one. 

Bacardi is the rubbing alcohol of rum. Go get some Cruzan!

Drinking a couple of tall boy IPAs tonight to get my evening started. Started early cause one of my favorite bands had a livestream tonight for the 20th anniversary of one of their albums. 

gonna he having a few beers for tomorrow’s game. Sucks that it’s not a 4:30 game again, i kinda enjoy the 4:30 games. Get to enjoy the 1:00 games, then watch ours, then sit back and watch the 8:30 game. We lose later, so it leaves me with only one game to sit through thinking about our awful loss

2 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I'm sipping an old fashioned, but hanging with the in laws in KC this weekend so no fancy meals on deck for me tomorrow. 

What's everyone drinking or cooking? 

A good Old Fashioned is one of the best drinks around.  Cheers. 

I'm very interested to see this game. 

I was really jazzed for the opener because I wanted to see what kind of fight Rivera could bring to the team.

I was interested in week 2, but really had a bad feeling about the matchup.

This week, I think this is the week when, if they're going to have a competitive record, they have to put it together.  Typically, teams play their starters about a full game during the pre-season, over 3 actual games.  We've now seen 2 "actual" games from the starters.

I think the defense has enough talent to hang with anyone IF the offense doesn't put them in bad situations.  Even last week, in the first half, when the Cardinals had to go 70+ yards, they couldn't score.  The 2 TDs were on short fields.

The Browns are not the Browns of old, but the defense isn't great, and Baker can be pressured into mistakes.  This feels like a much better matchup.  Bring a ton of heat on defense, and get some consistency on offense.  

If week 1 was jazzed, and week 2 was interested, week 3's feeling is ... anxious.  I want this team to do well, and this week, I think they can and they should.  But I don't trust they will yet. 

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

A good Old Fashioned is one of the best drinks around.  Cheers. 

I'm very interested to see this game. 

Brother in law is a bartender at a craft ****tail bar in KC so he made a smoked vanilla old fashioned that was 🔥🔥🔥

And feeling the exact same way about the game - strange to think a pivotal game this early in the year, but I'm anxious to see which direction it will go. 

Actually kind of excited for this game, definitely winnable as the Browns are a mess (as always...like us). 

I know the defensive front is up to the task, excited to see Fuller back in it and of course, what the offense can do. Even if it's a 17-13 win, I want to see Haskins plant his feet before launching the ball. 

As for drinks, I have some Oban 14 neat right now and watching the latest episode of The Boys.

Been sipping on Powers Three Swallow tonight, a smooth Irish Whiskey!  Just finished watching The Social Dilemma on Netflix... *Shudder*

Really curious about how this team shows up tomorrow.  I really just want this defense to show up and start to believe they are something special.  

Hopefully the offense stops with the High School game plan and we are some new wrinkles added.

Oh dear lord. So, this redskins fan account was saying on twitter that with the ravens coming up next weekend, we pretty much have to win today, because we can’t be 1-3 (which i agree With). Some idiot chimes in with “why can’t we be 1-3”. I’m like “.....because, i dont know, it’s BAD?? Do you LOVE having a losing season? Do you WANT to see the team be in the playoffs?? Don’t ask stupid questions”

And now i have people saying “it’s only a stupid question if you have unrealistic expectations for this team”. Uh.....no, not the point AT ALL. 

28 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh dear lord. So, this redskins fan account was saying on twitter that with the ravens coming up next weekend, we pretty much have to win today, because we can’t be 1-3 (which i agree With). Some idiot chimes in with “why can’t we be 1-3”. I’m like “.....because, i dont know, it’s BAD?? Do you LOVE having a losing season? Do you WANT to see the team be in the playoffs?? Don’t ask stupid questions”

And now i have people saying “it’s only a stupid question if you have unrealistic expectations for this team”. Uh.....no, not the point AT ALL. 

I'm willing to undergo a little short term pain for some long term gain. If we end up with a top 5 pick, we can address the offensive line and/or get Haskins (or whoever our next QB is) some offensive weapons. And there are going to be some absolute studs at LT coming out this year.

49 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Trust the process Cooling Fan!

1 minute ago, Redskins Reparations said:

This week I want to see improvement with the offensive play calling.  The offensive line is a liability and I would prefer to see a heavy dose of slants with a mix of play action to limit Haskins having to improvise when the play breaks down. Get the ball in McLaurin’s hands at least ten times!

Gotta feed TMC early. It's what seems to change everything for our offense.

Any word on Kendall Fuller’s playing status? 

10 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

It's been complete insomniac for me all week...didnt sleep well last night.. I briefly went to the Redskins and Cardinals prediction thread and I don't think there was a winner, will save the $5 for this Browns Redskins game

I have learned the hard way to never gamble on the Football Team...that’s assuming the $5 is a bet made with your bookie.

3 minutes ago, Redskins Reparations said:

Archived