Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 hours ago, hail2skins said:

My sense is that you have attended games more recently than I have (I last went in 2018, but do plan to go to a game this year). However, from past experience and from watching on TV, it seems like the lower level has always been pretty full, while the club (at least in recent years) has been a ghost town. They probably don't offer perks to the LL because they don't feel they need to. But who knows.

My thing about club vs LL is specific to this season only. My section is mostly sold out other than a couple verified resale tickets. Club actually looks to have decent crowd. Seems like more tickets available on LL. 

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Pretty decent write up. I agree with most. A few points - one confirmation and one disagreement. 

1. I am in that camp that will not come back to the ****hole that is FedEx field until Dan S is gone. That may not happen in my lifetime, but so be it. I am not directly (and please people read directly) going to contribute to dan. I do not buy merchandiise and have told all family members do NOT buy me washington stuff, I will return it or throw it away. I don't have direct TV so I don't even contribute directly to the NFL. I get he sees some of my money but it's watered down and goes through many hands first. I still love the game and plan to watch when I can, just not in FebEx field. The day he sells the team or somehow there is a new owner not related to Snyder, I will buy season tickets, likely in Club Level. Yea, the new person COULD be worse but I will take my chances. There is very little space beneath the slime that is dan s, but much much more room above him. Agian, I am willing to take my chances. 

2. I could not disagree with the bolded more. I live in Atl and while I see some overall team support here and there, most people ride my ass about what a ****ed up franchise this is. Also, I travel quite a bit for work and I get a lot of the same, from both people I know and complete strangers if the topic comes up. It's to where I don't even want to tell people who I root for (I do, but I don't want to 🙂 ) I get, yea that's a **** organization, or the owner is trash, or both. Now i just cut them off by telling them I root for a ****ty team. That way they jsut feel sorry for me instead of giving me ****. But they don't disagree. Is there team support outside the area? Some. But proportionally it's no more than within the beltway. Just more people don't give a **** which is not the same as not being negative. They are just unaware. Make no mistake, the teams ****ty reputation is just as strong outsside the DC Metro area within people who follow football as it is inside, just not as many people care enough to pay attention. That's not a lack of negativity it's a lack of giving a **** at all. 

In response to point 1) if you do decide you want Washington gear I think you’d be fine getting it through the big vendors aka fanatics, nfl shop, dicks etc. that money like so much of the nfls revenue is split 32 ways. Dan does not get a bigger pct of Washington gear than he does of say chargers gear unless it comes directly from the team store. Actually he gets a very small portion of it once it’s divided between all of the parties that get a cut. Not trying to convince you to go out and buy a bunch of stuff just make you feel a little better if you ever decide you do want something lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

In response to point 1) if you do decide you want Washington gear I think you’d be fine getting it through the big vendors aka fanatics, nfl shop, dicks etc. that money like so much of the nfls revenue is split 32 ways. Dan does not get a bigger pct of Washington gear than he does of say chargers gear unless it comes directly from the team store. Actually he gets a very small portion of it once it’s divided between all of the parties that get a cut. Not trying to convince you to go out and buy a bunch of stuff just make you feel a little better if you ever decide you do want something lol 

The problem with that is then you’d be wearing Commanders gear *shudder* 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Conn said:

I just noticed the picture on the homepage of the stadium exterior with that big ass "Hail To The Commanders" banner. This whole trying to hold onto old slogans with the new name is so annoying.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/Nationals/status/1568024765100851200

Hmm, well this is certainly interesting.  I used to remember when the sports teams that play in their respective cities repped and supported the other teams in town.  Those days seem to be long gone.

Speaking of which, did this team ever support the Nats and Caps when they were winning in the playoffs and winning championships?  I remember Nats and Caps players repping and supporting each other like crazy during their runs, but I don't remember any Redskins/Commanders players doing the same.

Edited by samy316
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Speaking of which, did this team ever support the Nats and Caps when they were winning in the playoffs and winning championships?  I remember Nats and Caps players repping and supporting each other like crazy during their runs, but I don't remember any Redskins/Commanders players doing the same.

I seem to remember some of the Skins wearing Nats gear in 2019 during the WS run. Not sure about if it' happened with the Caps run, but due to the Skins being off season during that run, it wouldn't have been as noticeable.

8 minutes ago, samy316 said:

Hmm, well this is certainly interesting.  I used to remember when the sports teams that play in their respective cities repped and supported the other teams in town.  Those days seem to be long gone.

Well as far as the social media team, the skins FB and twitter account posted good luck to both caps/nats as their playoffs were beginning, and then I think I remember congratulations posts for each team when they won their championships as well. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if any of the players went to the playoff games for either team also. 

I do recall dan being UPSET that the caps and nats won their championships, like the petulant child he is 😂 

1 hour ago, Conn said:

Not if you buy the clearance WFT gear 😉 speaking of which nows a good time to check out your discount stores like Burlington, Ross, tj maxx etc. found these in Burlington coat factory in va beach the other night 

539AEEAC-FFB2-4A73-9F94-8D22D774D027.jpeg

69506B96-72A6-4DEF-83E3-513EF0756251.jpeg

59 minutes ago, samy316 said:

I think I remember Kerrigan going to a couple Caps games during the Stanley Cup run...

16 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Exactly. Each NFL team will make about $300M per year just from the new TV deals...so the idea that any team needs PSLs to "get away" with charging a few bucks less for beer or food is laughable. Dan Snyder could have come out and said that the inaugural season of the Washington Commanders would come with free concessions and parking. All told, that would have resulted in relative drop in the bucket in terms of his overall revenue stream. He is kept afloat by the revenue sharing, not from his gameday ticket sales, concessions, etc. 

Definitely.

What Dan needs to come to terms with is that he now effectively owns a minor-league sports team, when it comes to attendance and "buzz." He needs to adjust accordingly. If he wants to rebuild the brand, he desperately needs local people in the stands, not visiting Eagles and Giants fans. And he needs lots of them every game. The immediate revenue is secondary.

If he were even modestly creative, he'd give away the upper deck seats (yes, for free), charge way less for every other seat, and sell basic beer/hotdogs stuff for cheap. Add in family-friendly activities in and around the stadium, and make it so that actual middle-class families could go to a game and enjoy themselves even if the team isn't any good. The cigar-chomping defense contractor fat cats he was going after aren't there now and they aren't coming back anytime soon.

He could be a trailblazer for a new model of how NFL teams operate in their local markets when they aren't hot stuff at the moment. Instead, he'll just reign over ruins and pretend he has an empire.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, profusion said:

Definitely.

What Dan needs to come to terms with is that he now effectively owns a minor-league sports team, when it comes to attendance and "buzz." He needs to adjust accordingly. If he wants to rebuild the brand, he desperately needs local people in the stands, not visiting Eagles and Giants fans. And he needs lots of them every game. The immediate revenue is secondary.

If he were even modestly creative, he'd give away the upper deck seats (yes, for free), charge way less for every other seat, and sell basic beer/hotdogs stuff for cheap. Add in family-friendly activities in and around the stadium, and make it so that actual middle-class families could go to a game and enjoy themselves even if the team isn't any good. The cigar-chomping defense contractor fat cats he was going after aren't there now and they aren't coming back anytime soon.

He could be a trailblazer for a new model of how NFL teams operate in their local markets when they aren't hot stuff at the moment. Instead, he'll just reign over ruins and pretend he has an empire.

It really is interesting...I'm sure I'm missing something, but with how lucrative the TV deals have gotten since the 1990s, you would think the in-stadium experience could become a working-class/blue-collar haven like it used to be (not just for the Skins, but everywhere). It just seems that the gameday revenue is so immaterial compared to the rest, that owners could make the decision to trade a few million dollars for a raucous, electric homefield atmosphere.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, profusion said:

Wright claims he's expecting over 60K for JAX (1K less than he got for DALLAS last season), but then complains that the rest of the season will be a challenge due to lack of marquee QBs.

Well Jason, you may well have to do for the rest of the season whatever you are doing to get 60k in on Sunday. 

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Wright claims he's expecting over 60K for JAX (1K less than he got for DALLAS last season), but then complains that the rest of the season will be a challenge due to lack of marquee QBs.

Well Jason, you may well have to do for the rest of the season whatever you are doing to get 60k in on Sunday. 

Or, I don't know, not rely on marketing your opponents to sell your tickets. 

• Like 2

Was told a couple days ago that week 3s crowd is looking bigger than this weeks. Means there's going to likely be large number of philly fans in attendance in week 3

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Or, I don't know, not rely on marketing your opponents to sell your tickets. 

Eh thats nothing new nowadays. Its extremely common in the nba. Hell even our tickets are based on an NBA model. Example face value for my ticket this week is $117. Face value for my ticket vs dallas is $317

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It really is interesting...I'm sure I'm missing something, but with how lucrative the TV deals have gotten since the 1990s, you would think the in-stadium experience could become a working-class/blue-collar haven like it used to be (not just for the Skins, but everywhere). It just seems that the gameday revenue is so immaterial compared to the rest, that owners could make the decision to trade a few million dollars for a raucous, electric homefield atmosphere.  

They could absolutely make that choice. But you only become a billionaire by squeezing the blood from every stone within your reach at every turn. So you don’t usually see decisions like this even if they’d be smart in the long run. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

And to me it's not just the tickets. The team has made a smart move by slashing the club prices, but probably the more important perk was FREE parking. For people in the upper deck, even if you offer them a $25 ticket, if you won't open your main parking lot up to them for less than $60,  I'm not sure they're going to see it as some great bargain. And that is if you can get a pass....on the seconday market they are higher. The counterclaim will be "walk from the metro" but is that mile long stroll really that appealing? I miss Mark the Homer's updated info on parking options.

8 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Example face value for my ticket this week is $117. Face value for my ticket vs dallas is $317

So they're also doing the "flexible pricing" thing for the club seats too? Interesting. $200 is quite the spread.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Was told a couple days ago that week 3s crowd is looking bigger than this weeks. Means there's going to likely be large number of philly fans in attendance in week 3

Eh thats nothing new nowadays. Its extremely common in the nba. Hell even our tickets are based on an NBA model. Example face value for my ticket this week is $117. Face value for my ticket vs dallas is $317

No that's a good point...and I'm not being completely fair here. I've been ranting for 2 pages about how they should do whatever it takes to sell tickets and then I drop that line. You're right. 

17 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

And to me it's not just the tickets. The team has made a smart move by slashing the club prices, but probably the more important perk was FREE parking. For people in the upper deck, even if you offer them a $25 ticket, if you won't open your main parking lot up to them for less than $60,  I'm not sure they're going to see it as some great bargain. And that is if you can get a pass....on the seconday market they are higher. The counterclaim will be "walk from the metro" but is that mile long stroll really that appealing? I miss Mark the Homer's updated info on parking options.

So they're also doing the "flexible pricing" thing for the club seats too? Interesting. $200 is quite the spread.

Yep, I really think they missed an opportunity here to make the inaugural season free of charge when it comes to tickets (have every game general admission or something) and rollback concession pricing to 1932 (nickel hotdogs and beers). That's a good way to look ahead (Commanders) while paying tribute to the past :) 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Upper level with parking isnt terrible. I think with parking its like 950 for the year equates to 95 a game or 86 a month if you do the 11 month payment plan. my biggest issue with pricing like I said yesterday is lower level. price is almost identical for club endzone and ll endzone when factoring in parking but ll doesnt get benefit of food and beverage the question in my mind is the better view being closer to the action worth the difference in cost of food and beverage as someone buying tickets me personally its not

5 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Upper level with parking isnt terrible. I think with parking its like 950 for the year equates to 95 a game or 86 a month if you do the 11 month payment plan. my biggest issue with pricing like I said yesterday is lower level. price is almost identical for club endzone and ll endzone when factoring in parking but ll doesnt get benefit of food and beverage the question in my mind is the better view being closer to the action worth the difference in cost of food and beverage as someone buying tickets me personally its not

I think you're going to find your overall view in the club level superior to what you had in the LL end zone. Yeah, the LL end zone is good when the action is at that end, but when it's at the other end those seats suck, IMO.

Again, I don't think they are offering LLs incentive because they probably don't think they have to. Every game I've gone to in the past and watching on TV, the LL looks fairly full. They needed to do something with the club, because people were not going to pay anymore what the Skins were charging. The upper level is a challenge because you are so high up that it's tough to know what kind of prices would entice people to go on a regular basis, especially in this time of superior home viewing experiences.

But we've had the debates about parking for some time here. Even when it was $40, the tailgaters would defend it as a bargain. Yes, I know there are probably an average of two people per car, but $60 just seems really insulting, especially for a team like this that's been having attendance struggles.

My son really wants to go to a game.  

I found decent seats on seat geek, lower level- corner end zone, for less than $70 each for the Titans game.

Then I remembered parking.  I cannot fathom spending near $100 for a parking pass.  I’ve got to imagine the parking lots have an abundance of open spots.  Are folks really paying this for parking these days or is there another way to be within close proximity to the stadium, for way less $?

Edit: Ticketmaster has them for $65 + an additional $16.25 in service fees.  $81.25 to park.  😭 GTFOH.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I think you're going to find your overall view in the club level superior to what you had in the LL end zone. Yeah, the LL end zone is good when the action is at that end, but when it's at the other end those seats suck, IMO.

Again, I don't think they are offering LLs incentive because they probably don't think they have to. Every game I've gone to in the past and watching on TV, the LL looks fairly full. They needed to do something with the club, because people were not going to pay anymore what the Skins were charging. The upper level is a challenge because you are so high up that it's tough to know what kind of prices would entice people to go on a regular basis, especially in this time of superior home viewing experiences.

But we've had the debates about parking for some time here. Even when it was $40, the tailgaters would defend it as a bargain. Yes, I know there are probably an average of two people per car, but $60 just seems really insulting, especially for a team like this that's been having attendance struggles.

Yeah I hear you overall price of parking is and has been ridiculous for a long time. I do know a buddy of mine secured half off parking doing it on a game by game basis with tickets on the lower level. idk how he managed that though 

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

My son really wants to go to a game.  

I found decent seats on seat geek, lower level- corner end zone, for less than $70 each for the Titans game.

Then I remembered parking.  I cannot fathom spending near $100 for a parking pass.  I’ve got to imagine the parking lots have an abundance of open spots.  Are folks really paying this for parking these days or is there another way to be within close proximity to the stadium, for way less $?

Edit: Ticketmaster has them for $65 + an additional $16.25 in service fees.  $81.25 to park.  😭 GTFOH.

idk if you have social media or not i would ask around on there plenty of people willing to help out. I might have one in redzone for you if you decide to go let me know and ill see what i can do 

• Like 1

BFS, if you look on the map there is that Grey Lot which I thought had cash parking in the past, but don't know if they still do, nor do I know how much they would charge these days:

https://www.commanders.com/stadium/parking-and-directions

There are likely some industrial park type areas relatively nearby which have cash parking too, but I agree where it gets to a point where the hassle makes you just want to take Metro and deal with the mile-long walk, if you're able

• Like 1

The mile long walk used to be fun (at least when I went in 2012 it was), when it was a river of excited, amped fans lightly razzing the opposing fans making the trip. People cracking drinks early and chatting. The last time I went in 2018 it was more like a sad trickle of depressed fans, a funeral march. I can only imagine it’s worse most weeks now.