Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Miscellaneous Humor Thread---vids/gifs/pics/jokes---no articles, no "owned" stuff

Jumbo

Well, several peeps failed this. Back in the day (maybe @Koolblue13 can verify) Philly had garbage pails and trash cans. Garbage pails were in the ground buckets where you dumped 'garbage' (food waste) i.e., not trash. It had a foot pedal on it to open it. The "Garbage Man" would come by once or twice a week to collect the 'garbage'. It smelled like death especially in the summer months. My grandparents lived near the "K&A" intersection in Philly (row houses a block off "The Avenue"). Garbage pails were a main part of city life back then...

image.png.363079ac2666b9eafeb1c2c602cad977.png

4 hours ago, zCommander said:

xdusfmw0puhnflip.webp.088bf56301596abc084d926cd14d3194.webp

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Well, several peeps failed this. Back in the day (maybe @Koolblue13 can verify) Philly had garbage pails and trash cans. Garbage pails were in the ground buckets where you dumped 'garbage' (food waste) i.e., not trash. It had a foot pedal on it to open it. The "Garbage Man" would come by once or twice a week to collect the 'garbage'. It smelled like death especially in the summer months. My grandparents lived near the "K&A" intersection in Philly (row houses a block off "The Avenue"). Garbage pails were a main part of city life back then...

image.png.363079ac2666b9eafeb1c2c602cad977.png

Philly loves garbage  :ols: 

I don't remember them, but I lived in south Philly and then the farther up NE than K&A. Only went there for cheap drugs.

• Like 1