Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

It’s going to get worse and worse.  How many of us have Trump-loving or Fox-loving relatives who will see this and before long decide they don’t need to continue social distancing if these others are going not do so and not be punished?  And how many of us will lose them or ourselves because of it?

52 minutes ago, Supernatural24 said:

the protestors are basically paid mercenaries, like the Koch Brother tea party protestors. They aren’t dying for anything or anyone.

I agree with @Larryon this. I haven't seen or heard any evidence that these protesters were paid. There is certainly evidence that the protests were pushed/funded by and at least partially organized by well funded right wing groups, but that's different than paying people to go.

Besides, why should they pay them when they don't need to? These mouth breathers will do whatever they're told without any compensation, as long as the directive comes from Trump or people who echo Trump. They're not mercenaries, they're dupes. Notice that you don't see any of the leaders of those well funded right wing PACs and other groups who are helping to organize this stuff out there protesting. They're all sitting at home staying safe from the virus. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, visionary said:

How many of us have Trump-loving or Fox-loving relatives who will see this and before long decide they don’t need to continue social distancing if these others are going not do so and not be punished?  And how many of us will lose them or ourselves because of it?

Oh, that's certainly the plan.  Intentionally promote outright disobedience, (and do so by intentionally using the most violence-inducing language they can).  

(And then pretend that you're not responsible for the results.)  

(Just like Trump.)  

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

They aren't gonna find much food for their kids on the beach...

I think the beach crowd is just people like me who are at home and have nothing to do.  They are looking for a hobby to do since the weather is nice etc.  

I think the crowd going to the capital are those who are pissed about not going to work. 

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

I think the beach crowd is just people like me who are at home and have nothing to do.  They are looking for a hobby to do since the weather is nice etc.  

I think the crowd going to the capital are those who are pissed about not going to work. 

I disagree on both. I think it's closer to this:

If you're looking for a hobby in the middle of a pandemic, there are plenty of things to do or learn that don't put you, your family, and others in direct danger of contracting a deadly virus. If you want to enjoy the weather, you can go out for a nice walk without being around a bunch of other people in a small crowded area. 

This isn't goddamn rocket science. And that's why these people are ****ing morons. And worse than that, they're dangerous morons because they're putting themselves in a position to contract a spread aforementioned deadly virus. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

They have made this thing worse at every turn.  There are people in my family that won't listen to the science.  Everyone in my family tree has underlying conditions.  I fear for the worst.

I expect these protests to turn violent soon.  I pray that science can find a treatment or vaccine soon.  We don't have the discipline or collective intelligence to last very long.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

A lot of really stupid people are gonna get really sick, really soon.

Really.

And a lot of the rest of us as well.

The worst part about this is that it will take a few days-weeks to see the effects, so in the meantime who knows what will happen.

And it's not just people protesting, but perhaps more and more people going out and deciding they don't have to follow the rules, putting the rest of us in danger every time we have go out or even walking down the street. 

Edited by visionary
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

I don't think we realize the vast difference in how people operate in their lives.  Those who live near beaches may have gone to the beach daily and it was stripped away, i can see their frustration.  You see alot of people there but how many people are actually mingling with other people.

1 minute ago, skinfan2k said:

I don't think we realize the vast difference in how people operate in their lives.  Those who live near beaches may have gone to the beach daily and it was stripped away, i can see their frustration.  You see alot of people there but how many people are actually mingling with other people.

yeah , we went to the beach today and were near no one.

but those living in pandemic breeding grounds are so smart.

6 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Yeah, I’m not that concerned about the beach deal.  As long as it’s not covered with tourists, letting the locals catch a few rays seems pretty reasonable.

Whole different deal than a concert or a subway car, I think.

52 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I agree with @Larryon this. I haven't seen or heard any evidence that these protesters were paid. There is certainly evidence that the protests were pushed/funded by and at least partially organized by well funded right wing groups, but that's different than paying people to go.

Besides, why should they pay them when they don't need to? These mouth breathers will do whatever they're told without any compensation, as long as the directive comes from Trump or people who echo Trump. They're not mercenaries, they're dupes. Notice that you don't see any of the leaders of those well funded right wing PACs and other groups who are helping to organize this stuff out there protesting. They're all sitting at home staying safe from the virus. 

A Betsy DeVos backed PAC funds the group behind the Michigan protestors.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/17/far-right-coronavirus-protests-restrictions

This is an AstroTurfed movement. Gov. Whitmer has a 71% approval rating for how she has handled this.

These people are not willing to die for anything.