Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Holders Mutiny

Gellnasty

7 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Considering people who come to Redskins forums would be considered a hardcore fan, I'm shocked that anyone on this forum is a season ticket holder.  After hearing that press conference on Monday, I simply cannot comprehend why one would give 10 games worth of ticket money to this organization.  It just does not compute.

I am a season ticket holder.

We have great seats in the 200's

If they don't fire Bruce & Manusky, we will be "former" season ticket holders...

3 hours ago, Howie411 said:

I never like to post someones email, but lets just say Redskins use this for there emails.   LastNameF      (So Lastname then the first letter of their firstname)   @Redskins.com

So are SnyderD@Redskins.com and AllenB@Redskins.com valid email addresses?

Season ticket holders should just send their tickets to Bruce at Redskins park.  Like, flood his office with them.

Sure, you can't resell them on the secondary market and you'd take a financial hit.  BUT you'd annoy him at his office (primary goal) and also keep opposing fans out of Fed Ex Field.  And that's REALLY what it's all about...doesn't matter if a Patriots fan or a Redskins bought a beer this past Sunday, 10 bucks is 10 bucks.  

But if you want to stop people from being able to get in there altogether no matter what team they're rooting for and voice your displeasure to Bruce at the same time...mail your season tickets to him with a nastygram attached.

EDIT:  Matter of fact, that's what you should do...buy secondary market tickets (so the team doesn't get your dollars), print the ticket out and then send it to Bruce along with your sentiments.  Cheaper than the cost of going to a game and probably way more gratifying.  

15 minutes ago, MarkB452 said:

So are SnyderD@Redskins.com and AllenB@Redskins.com valid email addresses?

Just sent one to SnyderD.  It hasn’t been kicked back as invalid.

Not sending one to Bruce Allen since (imho) he can’t fix the problem since he is the problem.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:22 AM, ananoman said:

Money talks.  The best way to send a message is to give up your season tickets and tell them why you are doing so.

This. Right. Here.

Can we have the remaining 73 season ticket holders to give them up...other than being stuck in a contract, is there a good reason to even hold on to these things anymore? If you are in a contract, how much to get out...I imagine even that would be better than paying another dime to this organization.

On 10/8/2019 at 9:30 AM, Gellnasty said:

I mean honestly... STH tell me that this comment didnt trigger you... “Many of our fans put their tickets on the second market and made some money

Basically blaming the fans for selling tickets... NO BRUCE ITS YOUR FAULT...

The other implied thought here from Mr Allen is, as long a STH can recoup monetary value from their tickets, it’s all good.

To me, that’s plays forward to exactly what has transpired with regards to the franchise as a whole.  As long as Mr Snyder makes his money, it’s all good.  And by default, Mr Allen is doing his job......

I don’t begrudge him that since he is the owner but to project that down to the fans speaks volumes.

On 10/9/2019 at 9:04 AM, SprintBomb said:

At this point give me a consistent winning team and a full stadium of Skins fans and a name change might be worth it.

If I were a Redskins Alum I would be lobbying for a name change so that the name "Washington Redskins" could still be associated with class, dignity, hard work and professionalism. At this point, that ship has sailed and we are the Browns.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:23 AM, purbeast said:

Considering people who come to Redskins forums would be considered a hardcore fan, I'm shocked that anyone on this forum is a season ticket holder.  After hearing that press conference on Monday, I simply cannot comprehend why one would give 10 games worth of ticket money to this organization.  It just does not compute.

Amen man. I am not giving Dan one red cent. Season tickets are out of the question.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:41 PM, stoshuaj said:

I mean honestly... STH tell me that this comment didnt trigger you... “Many of our fans put their tickets on the second market and made some money

My brother and I sold our tickets for about 10% less than face value and another 15% off after stubhub fees.  Where I sit, the Patriots ticket has face value of $!60 and I think we netted $127 each after all was said and done.  It was worth it to avoid another bad game.  I lost a lot on the Bears game and the worthless preseason games. We are on the fence for the 49ers game, but won't even make back half of face if we sell that one.  I did do the fan survey and I recommended they fire Bruce Allen and let him sell beer in the stands.  It is pretty much impossible to make money on tickets as the Redskins have a huge quantity of unsold tickets that they sell on a per game basis.  That sets the ceiling on what kind of a price you can get.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:22 AM, ananoman said:

Money talks.  The best way to send a message is to give up your season tickets and tell them why you are doing so.

I am (was?) a lifelong fan.  55 years old.  Been rooting for the B&G since 1970.  I actually had joined this board a decade ago because I was so frustrated with Snyder back then, but I was appalled by the amount of support and fans that came to his defense back then so I gave up and stopped posting.  I've come back to commiserate with all you who are disappointed and frustrated like me, and I see that all the Snyder supporters have disappeared.

BTW- when my friend and family chat about the Skins with me and how they feel sorry for me rooting for a loser for so many years I tell them I turned  my fan card in years ago and now actually find joy in seeing them lose.  At this point the only way I see the Skins ever turning things around for the long term is if Snyder sells the team and sadly that's not going to happen, and since he and I are about the same age if I outlive him I will be an old man by then.

You know, I am as sick of losing as everyone else.  I was lucky to see the glory days, and I no longer adjust my life around games, attend games or buy merchandise.  But there is not a bone in my body that wants to ever see them lose.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:12 AM, Gellnasty said:

Ok so the thread name was to get you here.. I am not asking you to give up your STH or even stop going that is your prerogative. 

But... As STH I believe that we do need to email our Ticket Reps and demand that it is known that we are not happy. Bruce Allen is ruining this franchise and we shouldn't stand back and let him do it. I know the ticket reps are not going to be able to do anything and it probably woln't go anywhere but I am at the point where it is hard to justify spending my hard earned money on this team to go and get heckled in my own section by opposing team fans. I am tired of watching other team fans walk into our stadium and tell us to deal with it. #FireBruceAllen has to happen! Dan needs to know that his customers which are his fans are not happy and woln't stand for it anymore. 

If it's a ticket rep, or just someone that works in the front office please let your voice be heard.. We are at an all time low!

Doing an online petition would be just as effective.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:28 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

Snyder is all about the money. As long as he can fill seats, sell concessions, and eventually sell the team for mega bucks, that's the bottom line for him. Once the fanbase falls below the line to prevent blackout game, then he might pay attention. It's why Bruce Allen is still here, because he's supposedly a money guy. 

This isn’t true. I wish it was because there would be a better chance for a change. Snyder is a life long die hard fan. This is a major rarity in sports ownership. Most owners did not grow up loving the team they eventual own, they made the purchase out of opportunity. The Redskins are a passion for Dan. 

Obviously, like all business owners, money matters too. But the financial structure of the NFL totally protects bad owners from themselves. The revenue sharing is so vast that you can basically do everything wrong and still get rewarded. They dropped the TV blackout rule several years ago by the way... aarendance and ticket sales are a drop in the bucket for these teams. Barely makes a dent. The massive TV revenue is what fuels it. And that is split evenly, and merchandising is also redistributed. So even if no one watches Redskins-Dolphins tomorrow, it doesn’t matter. Those owners will still get paid on the backs of the overall success of the league. 

Now, an empty stadium or a stadium filled with opposing fans can be embarrassing for sure. But we’ve seen this consistently for well over a deacde now and it really hasn’t seemed to make much of a difference. 

In other words, there really are very few ways fans can “hit” Snyder in the wallet. 

Archived