Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is There a Tipping Point for China and Human Rights Violations???

Renegade7

Is there a point where the International Community has to get more involved such as Sanctions or even War with China over Human Rights Violations???  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Is there a point where the International Community has to get more involved such as Sanctions or even War with China over Human Rights Violations???

• War and Sanctions should be on the table in regards to human rights violations
    • Sanctions, but war won't be worth it over human rights violations
    • I don't support war or sanctions on China over human rights violations
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • It doesn't matter, we wouldn't win anyway

China has arrested hundreds for speaking out about coronavirus, reports show

Chinese authorities on Sunday arrested a constitutional lawyer for posting an open letter on social media that criticized the government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and its suppression of free speech, according to reports.

In his letter posted on WeChat, Zhang Xuezhong, 43, said China’s absence of nonstate media and the prevention of medical experts from providing advice to the public showed that “the government’s long-term tight control society and people has almost completely destroyed the organization and self-help capabilities of Chinese society.”

He denounced China’s government as backward and said “the outbreak and spread of the COVID-19 epidemic is a good illustration of the problem.”

“The best way to fight for freedom of expression is for everyone to speak as if we already have freedom of speech,” Zhang wrote on the WeChat post alongside the letter.

The letter, addressed to the National People’s Congress (NPC), was circulated online, according to the South China Morning Post.

The next day, three police cars arrive at this house in Shanghai and arrested him, Wen Kejian, an independent political analyst, told the paper.

Zhang’s arrest has highlighted China’s zero-tolerance approach to dissidents. Since the outbreak of COVID-19 late last year, hundreds of people, including doctors, journalists and lawyers, have been arrested in China for merely speaking out about the virus, according to reports from human rights activists.

Click on the link for the full article

13 hours ago, Larry said:

Is now really the time to be threatening economic  sanctions against China?  

Aren't both of our economies really fragile, (if not on a ventilator), right now?

Now is probably last chance we got, we got to this point of enabling them to protect a global economy that apparently was sitting on a pyramid of cards the whole time.

On 3/27/2020 at 7:34 PM, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Man. I don’t know what to say. I agree with you about them hiding the facts. I don’t think they did it out of malice though. 

I think the Chinese are mostly proud. I’m sure they thought they had it under control. Like SARS and the pandemic is of the past.

My suggestion is work with them, don’t provoke them....

I had to mull this over, I get where you coming from, their culture and history is a little different then ours.

But on the global stage their are some rules we all have to be on the same page on because they affect all of us.  

Global pandemics if they weren't we're need to be one, this one finally got out, is the lesson here still no lessons learned?  They are opposite of a global leader, they are a global threat acting the way they are.

I can't even imagine how many are dead in the internment camps they deny exist, we can't be a nation preaching freedom only when it's convenient or doesn't cost us too much money. It backfires in ways that are too long to list here, like enabling China in the first place to get to this point.

Whatever it was we were doing hasn't worked at all and now blown up in entire planets face in close gonworst way imaginable, let's put it that way. Now what?

Edited by Renegade7

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, SkinInsite said:

Maybe we should start a is there a tipping point for human rights abuse and America thread 

You're aware China is literally operating concentration camps, right?  

I mean we need to be honest about how bad things are here.  But we need to be honest about how bad things are there also.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You're aware China is literally operating concentration camps, right?  

I mean we need to be honest about how bad things are here.  But we need to be honest about how bad things are there also.

Not bad as China is not something to hang your hat on.

17 hours ago, SkinInsite said:

Ok China bad, US not that great.

Example: Journalists in the US are being shot by police with rubber bullets.

Journalists in China disappear, never to be heard from again.

Perspective.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, techboy said:

Example: Journalists in the US are being shot by police with rubber bullets.

Journalists in China disappear, never to be heard from again.

Perspective.

and journalists outside of China who write and report on the CCP, like members of my wife’s family, have their relatives disappeared or tortured or falsely imprisoned. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 5:49 PM, Larry said:

Is now really the time to be threatening economic  sanctions against China?  

Aren't both of our economies really fragile, (if not on a ventilator), right now?

China seems unconcerned and has been enacting tariffs against Australia as well as coordinated cyber attacks:

Australian leader says unnamed state behind cyberattacks

Australia is under increasing cyberattack from a “sophisticated state-based cyber actor,” the Australian prime minister said Friday.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison would not name the state, and he said he made the growing threat public to raise awareness.

“Australian organizations are currently being targeted by a sophisticated state-based cyber actor,” Morrison told reporters.

“This activity is targeting Australian organizations across a range of sectors, including all levels of government, industry, political organizations, education, health, essential service providers and operators of other critical infrastructure,” he added.

Morrison would not comment on the inevitable speculation that the cyberattacks were part of Australia's increasingly hostile rift with China.

China in recent weeks banned beef exports from Australia's largest abattoirs, ended trade in Australian barley with a tariff wall and warned its citizens against visiting Australia.

The measures are widely interpreted as punishment for Australia's advocacy of an independent probe into the origins and spread of the coronavirus pandemic.

Australia's foreign minister this week accused China of using the anxiety around the pandemic to undermine Western democracies by spreading disinformation online, prompting China to accuse Australia of disinformation.

• 2 weeks later...

China is committing genocide, let's just call it what it is.  The hope was that China's government would become more liberal and free as their economy became more open.... that experiment has failed.  It's time to accept that failure and change course.

• Like 2

Feds seize products made from suspected human hair in crackdown on China forced labor

Federal customs officers in Newark, N.J., seized a huge shipment of products that officials suspect were made with human hair as part of an effort to crack down on forced labor in China, Fox News has learned.

The U.S. government is analyzing the cargo to confirm its origin. But U.S. officials said they intercepted part of a 13-ton shipment – including products like hair extensions and wigs – that potentially was produced by forced prison and child labor in the region of Xinjiang.

“If this highly suspicious, 13-ton shipment of human hair indeed turns out to be linked to the Uyghur concentration camps, then this is a new low – even for the Chinese Communist Party – and they will have to answer to the world community for their actions,” said John Ullyot, spokesman for the National Security Council.

• Sad 1