Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023-24 Washington Capitals Thread

ixcuincle

18 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ovi has 7 goals in 6 games. That’s impressive, at 36 years old. 

is it safe to say he’s the tom Brady of the NHL? (Without the multiple championships obviously) 

Messier has 18 goals and 25 assists at age 43 and finished with 6 Cups. Jagr had 66 points at age 43 and 46 points at age 44 and has 2 Cups.Probably others but thinking in the last 20 years. 

19 hours ago, Long n Left said:

Three hattys in one game. Wonder if that’s ever happened?

It has. February 22nd, 1981, when the nordiques beat us 11-7 in Landover (i was not aware that the caps played in Landover at one point). Peter and Anton Stastny, and Richard (that’s what the post says, not sure who Richard is) 

3 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Imagine if Ovi didn't essentially lose 1.5 years(his first year was gone due to lockout and the COVID year). We might be talking about him breaking the record as early as next season.

There was also the 2012-2013 lockout, i believe, and the season ended up starting in January. 

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

It has. February 22nd, 1981, when the nordiques beat us 11-7 in Landover (i was not aware that the caps played in Landover at one point). Peter and Anton Stastny, and Richard (that’s what the post says, not sure who Richard is) 

There was also the 2012-2013 lockout, i believe, and the season ended up starting in January. 

https://www.yardbarker.com/nhl/articles/capitals_effort_in_ottawa_just_short_of_history/s1_16448_36248483

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacques_Richard

Richard has a crazy (and sad) story, actually. Totally fails to live up to his youth hype, then late in his career, suddenly scores 52 goals and 52 assists in one season, then back to mediocrity. Lots of problems off the ice too.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Bah.  There will never be another Ovechkin.

I think Auston Matthews will end up with 600 goals if he stays healthy. But he's not the player Ovechkin was from 2005-10.

But I think he more means when people say he's the Michael Jordan of XXX.