zskins

2019 Game Day Thread

Welcome to 2019 football season!!! YES! 

Let the more :pint:commence. :)

Anybody else Hear Ed Reed shade Charlie Casserly during his interview?

8 minutes ago, hawgboy said:

Anybody else Hear Ed Reed shade Charlie Casserly during his interview?

I missed it. What did he say?

John Elway keeps drafting the same QB every year. Osweiler, Paxton Lynch, Lock.  All guys with a rocket arm who can't hit the broad side of a barn... because somehow he believes they can learn to be accurate.

Main reason I tuned into this game was to watch Boise St alum Brett Rypien. If nothing else, he scored the game winning pass.

The Antonio Brown situation in Oakland is off to a fabulous start.  I can't think of a bigger prima donna than him.  I haven't seen much being made of the frostbite on his feet, but that sounds like a really bad medical condition for an athlete to have.  Raiders might have just wasted a lot of money.

8 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

The Antonio Brown situation in Oakland is off to a fabulous start.  I can't think of a bigger prima donna than him.  I haven't seen much being made of the frostbite on his feet, but that sounds like a really bad medical condition for an athlete to have.  Raiders might have just wasted a lot of money.

Did you hear the recent situation about the helmet? Good lord 😂😂😂 apparently he’s going to retire if he can’t wear the helmet he wants to wear 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Did you hear the recent situation about the helmet? Good lord 😂😂😂 apparently he’s going to retire if he can’t wear the helmet he wants to wear 

Yeah.  Pretty ridiculous. 

Honestly, ABs behavior in the past year is getting to the point where I am a bit concerned for his health.  Anyone know his concussion history?  He seems to have had more personality issues in the past year than he had over the rest of his career combined.

• Like 1

Does nfl network get all staticky (static-y?) for anyone else, or is it just me....can’t even watch this Vikings saints game....

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

tumblr_od9ma5JiAP1vfbbx2o1_400.gif

If the Giants found a good QB in Jones while our QB struggles continue, its going to be painful. Even more so if they end up rebuilding quicker than us...again.

ok, so i'm watching the giants vs bears pre-season game. the giants pre-season announcer says the giants are going to be in cincinatti next thursday night. then goes on to say "of the giants pre-season opponents, the bengals are the only one they will not be playing this pre-season".

uhhh....excuse me, but....WHAT? did you mean to say REGULAR season? cause, like...there's a difference.

After comparing the giants regular season and pre-season opponents, it does look like the announcer meant to say regular season, and not pre-season. But still, like...how do you mess that up? Come the **** on, you idiot. Oh wait, he likes the giants. That explains his stupidness 😂😂😂

Funny how Harmon gets called for OP ,Yet this guy is allowed to do it all the time..

After following some of the preseason games online, I have to say that I am worried about the challenges to PI, especially challenges to no calls.  One of the reasons I don't watch many games live anymore, is that it I stopped enjoying big plays because they were so often wiped out by penalty or on replay.  

Now, it doesn't even matter if the announcer makes the "No flags" statement on a big catch.  You still can't get excited until you see what random decision the replay official makes if there is any contact between WRs and defenders during the play.  As bad as the no call was for the Saints last year, I am worried that the solution is going to be worse.

• Like 1

just saw Kirk is 5-26 against teams with winning records in his career. 

I am watching the Hawks Vikings game. And when Jerome Bogers team  ends up being the refs that call the least penalties in a pre season game. You know the league is in serious trouble.

I'm a fan of Drew Lock, but I've eaten food at Passover Seders on the Ashkenazi side of the family that needed less seasoning than he does at the moment.