Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

Why are so many fans eager for them to trade away picks? The team stinks. Will most likely end up with a high pick every round. They already don't have a 2nd next year.

The organization isn't close to winning, despite what they think. Ramsey or Fitzpatrick isn't going to change that.

3 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Why are so many fans eager for them to trade away picks? The team stinks. Will most likely end up with a high pick every round. They already don't have a 2nd next year.

The organization isn't close to winning, despite what they think. Ramsey or Fitzpatrick isn't going to change that.

Because the fan base would rather get something new and flashy instead of getting wins. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Fitz traded to the Steelers

For a 1st rd pick 

Thank god that is over. Let the Steelers be the dumb team.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Fitz traded to the Steelers

Snyders master plan is finally coming into play. All we have to do is keep our staff and training staff intact. Then..out-lose the Dolphins. Miami will have accumulated 6 first round picks and then we'll just trade back from our #1 slot for a boatload of picks. Problem solved

2 minutes ago, desertbeagle85 said:

For a 1st rd pick 

Thank god that is over. Let the Steelers be the dumb team.

I didn’t want to trade our first round pick for him.  But I don’t think the Steelers were dumb to do it, he was the 11th pick in the draft 2 years ago and all he has done is live up to his billing. It’s not as if every 1st round pick is a slam dunk star. Fitzpatrick is 22 years old and still on a cheap contract.

7 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Who is eager to trade picks? 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

I didn’t want to trade our first round pick for him.  But I don’t think the Steelers were dumb to do it, he was the 11th pick in the draft 2 years ago and all he has done is live up to his billing. It’s not as if every 1st round pick is a slam dunk star. Fitzpatrick is 22 years old and still on a cheap contract.

Fitz would be a top 10 lock in the upcoming draft, obviously.

Pitt with Rudolph, well done Miami.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The Skins aren't close and need there 1st rd pick. Glad he's going to the Steelers.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep most of us on this thread are begging Bruce to add picks. 

I still think Bruce believes he has nothing to gain this year trading Trent.  Otherwise he would trade Trent either for a younger player or as many picks as he can get.  

If the Skins lose on MNF, which I know you have said they have a shot at winning, I think they’re going to turn that Mitch guy into Dan Marino, I think Bruce needs to sit down with Dan and see if he has a job next year.  If he does, he needs to start shedding players and salary cap at the trade deadline to get as many assets for next year as possible.  Because this team ain’t close and it’s time he calls a spade a spade.  If he doesn’t, I’ll fund the parade.  And somebody else should start shedding players and salary for picks ASAP.

If they win, it’s more complicated.  

The issue is the trade deadline is so early in the NFL season, you have to decide early if you’re buyers or sellers. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree from the Redskins point of view.  but you said let the Steelers be the dumb one. I don’t think it was a dumb move for the Steelers.

Good move for Miami, too considering their mission.

The Steelers are 0-2 and just lost Ben for the year. They might have just traded a top 10 pick for a CB. When draft day comes by next year. They might not be happy with what they just did. 

Miami is loading up on picks.If only Bruce could do the same even if we turn it around at best this is 6 or 7 win team.We have no need for an ageing left tackle that don't want to be here.Trade him get some picks move on.Also Sherff,Kerrigan Norman,Moses and Reed should all be shipped out or cut as well.We can get blown out without them.I love Kerrigan but we should do him a solid he deserves better than us.Maybe if we get him to a winner he would get the credit he deserves.

9 minutes ago, Ghedrick said:

Miami is loading up on picks.If only Bruce could do the same even if we turn it around at best this is 6 or 7 win team.We have no need for an ageing left tackle that don't want to be here.Trade him get some picks move on.Also Sherff,Kerrigan Norman,Moses and Reed should all be shipped out or cut as well.We can get blown out without them.I love Kerrigan but we should do him a solid he deserves better than us.Maybe if we get him to a winner he would get the credit he deserves.

We should have been a year ahead of them, but Bruce gonna Bruce 

16D912F0-4065-4C47-99CA-57A4017B0E27.gif

8 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Thank the lawd for the Steelers. 

They saved ourselves from ourselves. We gonna need that high #1 pick to draft LT in 2020

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, bowhunter said:

Then..out-lose the Dolphins.

No way the Fins will make it happen. Medias are now claiming they're on a 2 years tanking trip.

The person said the team continues to “wait out” Williams, believing he will eventually tire of missing game checks and incurring the fines that have piled up since he began missing training camp practices. The person also said Redskins owner Daniel Snyder does not want to renegotiate Williams’s contract as a way to end the holdout.  Link

8 hours ago, desertbeagle85 said:

The Steelers are 0-2 and just lost Ben for the year. They might have just traded a top 10 pick for a CB. When draft day comes by next year. They might not be happy with what they just did. 

He's not just a CB.  Same conversation I used to have on the draft thread about Derwin James being just a safety.  He's a unique player.    He was picked with the 11th pick two years ago and no one said it was a reach, most had him as a top 10 pick and deservingly so.  Steelers have a short window to win with Big Ben.  His career isn't over.

I noticed on twitter some complementing the Steelers on the move, some panning them.  So mixed reception.    I think their move is fine.  Now I wouldn't have made it for the Redskins but that's for different reasons. 

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I still think Bruce believes he has nothing to gain this year trading Trent.  Otherwise he would trade Trent either for a younger player or as many picks as he can get.  

If the Skins lose on MNF, which I know you have said they have a shot at winning, I think they’re going to turn that Mitch guy into Dan Marino,

If they turn Trubisky into Marino then I think heads will roll.    I think they win the next 2 games.  Will see.

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Finlay made the case once that Bruce thinks this way just in general.  He talked about it both in advance and even in retrospect as for Kirk leaving.  He said in 2017 they knew Kirk was going to be gone after that season but had no interest in trading him because the way they see things on that front is that even 2 seasons away might as well be 20 seasons away.  It's all about the upcoming season.  The main thing is they knew they can win more in 2017 with Kirk on the roster than off the roster and that's all that mattered to them.  Finlay talked about it that summer in 2017 saying someone in the FO told them they have a year to year approach with their veteran players, they aren't concerned about 2 years out and it's a win now league. 

By the way as I am typing this Keim just said that Jay doesn't have the power from what he understands to remove Manusky, Bruce has to approve it. 

I don't agree with Galdi about trading for a CB but I do agree with the playing the middle part.  I've seen a few people say that the FO are totally rebuilding but dressing up the rebuild just a little with the right mix of veterans.

I disagree.  I read somewhere that 19 rosters are younger than ours.  I do agree that they have a bunch of young building blocks, and that makes the future exciting if Haskins can develop.  But this isn't an all in rebuild.  Dan has never done an all in rebuild.  And you don't have to do it as dramatically as the Dolphins are doing it.  But trading Trent to me is a no brainer move if this team is truly leaning heavily towards rebuilding.  To me this team is playing it in the middle with a slight leaning (not heavy) towards rebuild. 

Archived