Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

!!!!0mgz!!!! Trent Williams finally showed up

Owls0325

24 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

In a play-action heavy offense, the qb is relying on the LT and LG to hold when his back is turned. Our team is built around ball control. We need to be good at play-action, and that requires the left side of the line to be stout.

In play action their back is turned to the entire line so really their relying on the entire offensive line to hold at least until they get turned back around.

If they cant hold for that long then it doesn't matter if the quarterback is left or right handed he's either gotta put a real quick juke on or he's going to be sacked.

I stand by my opinion that the only real blind spots for a quarterback are the sweeping edge defenders that come all the way around from outside the pocket and get them when their feet are planted and their just about ready to release the ball.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

In play action their back is turned to the entire line so really their relying on the entire offensive line to hold at least until they get turned back around.

If they cant hold for that long then it doesn't matter if the quarterback is left or right handed he's either gotta put a real quick juke on or he's going to be sacked.

I stand by my opinion that the only real blind spots for a quarterback are the sweeping edge defenders that come all the way around from outside the pocket and get them when their feet are planted and their just about ready to release the ball.

I'd somewhat like to add right up the gut as there's usually such a jumbled mess of bodies from both teams and usually the pocket gets pushed back so it makes it difficult to be able to keep your eyes downfield and on what's immediately right in front of you. 

4 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I'd somewhat like to add right up the gut as there's usually such a jumbled mess of bodies from both teams and usually the pocket gets pushed back so it makes it difficult to be able to keep your eyes downfield and on what's immediately right in front of you. 

Yeah stunts are created for that exact reason to create a blindspot in the middle of the line that the quarterback and offensive lineman or running back don't see until it's too late to pick it up.

But at least in those instances the quarterback will eventually see the rusher and is able to either get rid of the ball, scramble or cover up and protect the football. 

The true blindside rusher is the one that gets the strip sacks all the time because the quarterback never gets a chance to see him coming.

1 hour ago, drowland said:

I was listening to some NFL insider on radio and they were talking about the Andrew Luck domino effect.  Basically said GMs across the league (especially AFC) are re-evaluating where they stand and could be more aggressive on the trade route now that the Colts are no longer considered a SB threat.  Wonder if this could ramp up calls to the Redskins about TW or maybe Scherff.    

Scherff will get his big money deal once we've got Trent off the books. Draft a couple of tackles, Morgan Moses probably lucky to last 2 more seasons here in my opinion.

I'm telling ya folks..the run game is gonna be better than some think...like I've been saying since march..we gonna run the double headed monster to the playoffs!!

Peterson and guice gonna get along with an even work load and ball!!

Just now, HigSkin said:

What does that mean dead cap hits in 19 n 20?.. we would still owe him or we would save that much?

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

What does that mean dead cap hits in 19 n 20?.. we would still owe him or we would save that much?

A trade sends that huge chunk of his current cap hit to another team and we'd just have to absorb the $3.5 and 1.9 mil.

Just now, HigSkin said:

A trade sends that huge chunk of his current cap hit to another team and we'd just have to absorb the $3.5 and 1.9 mil.

Ahhh ok that explains it..in a trade the skins would be out 3.5 in 19 n 1.9 in 20..the other team pays that other amount..right on man..I appreciate it!

Still keeping the fingers crossed the silverback returns...everything in the media was blown up him and the skins patched things up and trent returns to help lead this DOUBLE HEADED MONSTER TEAM TO THE PLAYOFFS!!..

10 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Yeah, i'm totally fine with Trent leaving but losing Trent and Scherff would be flat out unacceptable.

One could say both are injury prone ;) 

Having some fun, as I’m extreme supporter of keeping elite/very good talents, whether or not injuries have beset them or not in the past. 

27 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Yeah, i'm totally fine with Trent leaving but losing Trent and Scherff would be flat out unacceptable.

Standig seemed to wonder what's up with Scherff on the radio.  Finlay doesn't think they get it done with Scherff.  Hope he's wrong.

On another note, the point below has been the undercurrent of a theme relating to Trent according to some.  Guys like Breer said its not an exclusive Redskins thing but a thing with multiple teams where there is suspicion about the motives of the medical staff.   I am not saying apples to apples to the story below but just the general idea of getting players back to the field sooner then they are ready. 

7 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Would it be appropriate for Bruce Allen to call Mike Lombardi a bumbling fool for posting and creating fake news in regards to upcoming deals 72 hours ago? 

Lombardi is a blowhard but I still think he can handle Bruce in a battle of wits so if I were Bruce I'd hold off. 😀

Lombardi's thing about trades has been vague except for Clowney which he said on Saturday (at least that's when i saw the tweet) a deal likely gets done in 1-2 days.  So i'd presume that extends to today?  Regardless, I can't see how anyone could guess a trade time table.  You could say you know a team or two has shown interest but can't see how you can guess when it goes down because you aren't privy to the back and forth negotiation. 

43 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

McNally put it really well.  You can see his face looks kinda like talking to a politician's spokesperson after the politician was caught punching a gopher, "Yes, we stand by non-violent gopher conflict de-escalation."

Link to the presser, and it's the last question (around the -0:30 mark): 

Because the only people who haven't said he'll never play for the Redskins again are the only people that matter - Trent and his agent. 

Every media report pertaining to Trent has been contradicted by another media report. I take everything i read with a grain of salt.

Archived