Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

The 3rd time I’ve enjoyed a Madison induced cry. 

1) The first time I saw Billy Madison

2) The first time I had to leave JMU after a weekend of drinking and denim on denim love making

3) Reading the posts above

It’s always football season at the ES.

On 3/2/2020 at 10:31 PM, stevemcqueen1 said:

I love AJ Dillon.  I was a little surprised how far under the radar he was because he's such a well-known and feared player for ACC fans.  He's been one of the best players in the conference the past three seasons, Etienne is the only back who was better.  I'm bummed about his great combine because I was getting him in the sixth and seventh rounds of every mock I tried.  Everyone knows he's good now, and he's going to be like a fourth round pick or better.  Zierlein compared him to James Conner, and there are similarities.  But I think Dillon is built differently.  Conner is a taller, leaner runner, whereas Dillon is very compact with tremendous leg size and strength.  Eric Dickerson build vs Earl Campbell build.  I think a better comparison for Dillon than Conner is Michael Turner.

A year with AP to learn the game could do wonders. If hes willing to play FB, hed be a fantastic addition in the 4rth.

I can’t believe I left my boy Highsmith off my Edge list.

Speaking of whom, I will leave a list of guys Sip Mims, Dawg Gaither, & Skinny Chinn aren’t allowed to draft. Punishment for violating these ES draft sanctions will be equal parts severe & extensive. 

44 minutes ago, volsmet said:

I can’t believe I left my boy Highsmith off my Edge list.

Speaking of whom, I will leave a list of guys Sip Mims, Dawg Gaither, & Skinny Chinn aren’t allowed to draft. Punishment for violating these ES draft sanctions will be equal parts severe & extensive. 

I was enjoying watching Highsmith in action bro.  

Skinny Chinn?  That hits a little too close to home.  Fortunately, as Seth Rogen says, “my beard changes the shape of my face”.  Better than being a Skinnyvich I guess (gotta be careful with enunciation on that one). 

47 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That mock is horseflop

Hmm... made sense to me in the context the author put it.  Though I admit the context is questionable at best (I mean... sure, but why??).  

@volsmet Funny thing is it’s not like I even love Chinn as a prospect, but that size and speed (and this is pre combine), with some solid looking tape... I just knew he’d rocket up boards.  

My main guys have been ADG, Mims (I think I was the only one saying 1st or early 2nd back when) and to an extent Dugger (tape is inadequate) from the get go.  Simmons too, but I’m more about less heralded guys.  Asiasi is my TE, though I’m intrigued by this Keene cat, and Robinson at corner.  Haven’t talked much about them though... stupid/awesome GM mock

Gaither, Dugger & Robertson are guys I like a lot, but when players get a lot of hype on this thread, like Mims/ADG/Dugger, or start moving up for the Twitter/mock guys, like Simmons & Wirfs, I don’t talk about them as much; I enjoy reading what others say about those guys as I find the next guys to share with our ES crew. It’s interesting to see who gets adopted and who gets left behind ... some here seem to like Hightower a bit.

9 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Gaither, Dugger & Robertson are guys I like a lot, but when players get a lot of hype on this thread, like Mims/ADG/Dugger, or start moving up for the Twitter/mock guys, like Simmons & Wirfs, I don’t talk about them as much; I enjoy reading what others say about those guys as I find the next guys to share with our ES crew. It’s interesting to see who gets adopted and who gets left behind ... some here seem to like Hightower a bit.

Yeah I’ve been watching a lot of tape of various guys to try to find some lesser heralded guys. Brandon Jones is my current underdog.

I like Hightower. But I’m not head over heels for his skill set. But he is definitely a good player and would look good. 

My next film project is Jon Runyan, some more backers, some more safeties.

Just now, KDawg said:

Yeah I’ve been watching a lot of tape of various guys to try to find some lesser heralded guys. Brandon Jones is my current underdog.

I like Hightower. But I’m not head over heels for his skill set. But he is definitely a good player and would look good. 

My next film project is Jon Runyan, some more backers, some more safeties.

Yeah, as you are aware, the later round guys are usually guys you want to see make a 53 if you’re touting them in the late rounds over udfa, that’s the most fascinating & telling part of the draft for me. We all enjoy talking about who was on who first, but it matters for the late round guys, finding value that everyone ends up on later is still worth something; if someone recognizes something more quickly, routinely, they’ll find the gems others miss (or fail to assert any conviction behind).

2 minutes ago, volsmet said:

Yeah, as you are aware, the later round guys are usually guys you want to see make a 53 if you’re touting them in the late rounds over udfa, that’s the most fascinating & telling part of the draft for me. We all enjoy talking about who was on who first, but it matters for the late round guys, finding value that everyone ends up on later is still worth something; if someone recognizes something more quickly, routinely, they’ll find the gems others miss (or fail to assert any conviction behind).

I have no attachment other than I liked the dudes. I don’t have time to watch every prospect, so I’m bound to miss on some. And that’s cool. 

Getting back to coaching this year, so as I watch prospects I’m watching what their teams do, especially defensively. I go back and watch some of last years crop, too, in the pros on GamePass. Picked up a stunt from San Francisco with Bosa from that ****.

Idk, I just get enjoyment from watching these prospects play football and giving my opinion to other people with the same interests. That’s the fun part for me.

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I have no attachment other than I liked the dudes. I don’t have time to watch every prospect, so I’m bound to miss on some. And that’s cool. 

Getting back to coaching this year, so as I watch prospects I’m watching what their teams do, especially defensively. I go back and watch some of last years crop, too, in the pros on GamePass. Picked up a stunt from San Francisco with Bosa from that ****.

Idk, I just get enjoyment from watching these prospects play football and giving my opinion to other people with the same interests. That’s the fun part for me.

Oh it’s impossible to find them all, I mean recognizing the guys you do see. Everyone is going to have the same guys flash by their eyes, but some recognize things earlier than others, and those who recognize what they like quickly tend to find more later round guys who hit than those who need the combine to tell them Simmons is a freak. You, for instance, took a liking to Gaither immediately, you saw what you felt he could add & you were assertive about it... I still don’t know if I like Tee Higgins & ive watched him since he was a soph in HS. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The ES needs to go catch a Dawg Gaither game in the fall, that would awesome. 

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You want to see a dude plays with mean streak-energy, check Chinn on these 2 plays back to back, the first is him retaliating from being pushed by a player

Reminds me, almost exactly, of Johnathan Abram. I hadn’t seen a clip of him until the few you just shared.

Archived