Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you want HBO Hard Knocks to feature us this year?

LetThePointsSoar

8 minutes ago, carex said:

new head coaches automatically make you inelligible

I dont think it makes you ineligible so much as it makes it so they can't force you to do it but since it certainly appears that the Redskins aren't going to volunteer it is basically the same thing.

I think HBO is prudent in waiting. Imagine a top tier celebrity type they wanted to showcase, gets traded. Or heaven forbid, goes on strike over a health  AND contract dispute. They want to zero in on the person with the highest drama drama potential and make sure they are healthy and ready to be showcased

giphy.gif

12 hours ago, redrobert said:

Count me as disappointed, had really hoped to see the Front Office under the spotlight...

That's probably exactly why the Redskins aren't going to be on "Hard Knocks" this year.

Bruch Allen seems like he prefers to keep his front office operations cloaked. He probably showed reluctance to the producers to give the type of access they wanted.

I believe they will have to be on that series eventually (I couldn't care less either way), but I believe Allen will hold them off as long as he can (or as long as he is here).

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Finlay who has been the one optimist who thought they'd get Hard Knocks now doesn't think its happening citing the Redskins don't want it.  Jon references Jay here on Hard Knocks.

Why the hell wouldn't they want it????  The fans were apathetic despite a 6-3 start.  We have a brand new franchise QB, lets do everything we can to build excitement for him!!!

What a bummer. I watch every year imaging how awesome it'd be if I could get that kind of inside look at our team... There would be about 18 more training camp darlings. ES would be hotter than the 2012 draft. Oh well.

I figured we were third on the list behind the Giants and Raiders, but very surprised they passed on the NY market.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

I'm still pissed we didn't get it.  I know some of you all didn't want it, but for those of you that did want it, will you be boycotting Hard Knocks?

I don't have HBO, I've never watched a Hard Knocks before, and I'd have to borrow it to see an episode if I really wanted to. So I'm just going to make myself feel noble and say "yes".

23 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

I'm still pissed we didn't get it.  I know some of you all didn't want it, but for those of you that did want it, will you be boycotting Hard Knocks?

Nope. Yeah i wanted the redskins to be on it, but I’m not only a huge skins fan, I’m also a HUGEEEEE NFL fan. It’ll still be exciting to watch the raiders on there, especially with the drama that’ll most likely ensue 😂😂 

heck, i even watched the 5 falcons episodes yesterday on NFL Network (from the summer of 2014). I dont think many other people would’ve done that for an afternoon in July :P 

Archived