Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you want HBO Hard Knocks to feature us this year?

LetThePointsSoar

1 hour ago, max21 said:

With Incognito going to Oakland I’m pretty sure they are the definite front runners, from what I’ve read it seems like pretty much every non redskins fan wants to see Oakland. Hard knocks would really help the Redskins brand I imagine 

I dunno, Incognito is a horrible person and a racist.  That might mean they don't pick the Raiders this year.  Plus I'm sure the NFL would rather the Raiders appear next year because of the move to Vegas.  

6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I dunno, Incognito is a horrible person and a racist.  That might mean they don't pick the Raiders this year.  Plus I'm sure the NFL would rather the Raiders appear next year because of the move to Vegas.  

Yeah but he would draw tons of attention and I know I would want to watch it, it’s almost like they picked him up for hard knocks. That’s true and all but if they make the playoffs then they’re out of contention and the AB/Gruden era is still fresh and exciting for Raiders fans and the entire NFL. 

1 minute ago, dyst said:

What if the Raiders make the playoffs this year? There is no guarantee that Hard Knocks can just wait till next year to get the Vegas move.

If the standards are that the Raiders must not make the playoffs to be an option next year, then they're pretty much guaranteed to be an option next year. A cranky AB and Derek Carr thrown under the bus and/or off the team? Vontaze Burfict suspended indefinitely? They wouldn't even have to edit the videos, the show would write itself.

I'm waffling on my stance.

Yeah, Hard Knocks would be fun...but at the same time, knowing how things go for this franchise, I think there'd be a chance for an unmitigated disaster to happen.  And I'm not talking, like, your buddy who's a Cowboy fan calling you up and being like, "Daaaaaamn, ya'll look terrible!" I'm talking like...front page news that no one wants and that sports fans EVERYWHERE are discussing. 

I've got no basis for this, obviously Hard Knocks hasn't announced where they're going but...just knowing how things go with the Skins...I get that feeling.

47 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm waffling on my stance.

Yeah, Hard Knocks would be fun...but at the same time, knowing how things go for this franchise, I think there'd be a chance for an unmitigated disaster to happen.  And I'm not talking, like, your buddy who's a Cowboy fan calling you up and being like, "Daaaaaamn, ya'll look terrible!" I'm talking like...front page news that no one wants and that sports fans EVERYWHERE are discussing. 

I've got no basis for this, obviously Hard Knocks hasn't announced where they're going but...just knowing how things go with the Skins...I get that feeling.

I believe that the team on Hard Knocks has heavy influence on the editing and what is released, so I dont think anything bad would come out. NFL wouldnt want to put their own teams in a bad light.

9 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

I believe that the team on Hard Knocks has heavy influence on the editing and what is released, so I dont think anything bad would come out. NFL wouldnt want to put their own teams in a bad light.

I watched a Finlay TV show yesterday from camp where he had Keim on and talked about it.   Ditto this morning Paulsen talked about it.  Combining those narratives:

Keim doesn't think the Redskins get it.  He thinks the Raiders get it.

Finlay does think the Redskins get it -- but is less confident about it after checking on it during camp yesterday.  

Keim said of the people he talked to no one has heard from Hard Knocks

Paulsen said he understands a team has good editing control over episodes before they are put out.  He also said he listened to a podcast which had Jay's son on it where he said he believes the Raiders can opt out because they coached the senior bowl this year.   In other words, the league won't insist on the Raiders because of the senior bowl. 

I guess will see. 

2 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Right, they do.  But I'm saying a story happens on a National level that kinda overrides Hard Knocks.  Like remember how Ocho Cinco went out in Miami?  That was on Hard Knocks. 

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You mean to tell me, they still have not announced the team ?

I'm convinced they're milking this as long as they possibly can, just to accumulate more exposure, to build up a bigger "fanbase" for the TV show.

I dunno, I don't think holding out this long increases a fanbase.  Either people watch Hard Knocks or they don't.  Might be a spike in depending on who the team is but I think HK has their fans regardless of who the teams are.  

From a football standpoint, our offseason depth chart battles seem much more interesting than the Raiders.  We have a QB battle, a WR battle, a LB battle, a CB battle, a safety battle, and rookie storylines at RB and d-line as well.

Who do the Raiders have?  A bunch of big name free agents whose spots on the roster are already guaranteed.  If it was a show about in-season play, the Raiders might have us beat, but Hard Knocks is about training camp and guys struggling to make the team.  I think we have the clear edge in that department.

Image result for just do it

9 hours ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

It'll be awesome.  I remember when there was some sideline game footage of Zorn and Jason Campbell and all the homers were like "Oh my goodness!  They call plays that sound like real football plays!". 😂

I remember it as the "haters" saying that...the "homers", by definition, would have already believed Zorn and Campbell called plays that were real football plays lol...so they wouldn't have been surprised.

Archived