Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

Tatis Jr popped for PEDs use and suspended 80 games. Would have to think he took something on the banned list trying to come back from that injury.

Ringworm medication.... Poor Padres fans.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Zack Hample is a prime example of what I would like to see in a new law. Once per encounter, you should be allowed to punch someone in the face, just once, as hard as you can, under the Law of Being a Mouthy ****. There would be a lot fewer mouthy ****s in this world and I think society would be better for it. That, and I am sure there are a long list of people who would love to punch Hample square in the suckhole.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

A chill in the air. The final stretch upon us. Only the NL East left to be decided though. 

Judge looking to snag the AL 162 HR record. 

Almost time to have to remember what channel TBS is. 

Judge is looking to snag the non-steroid HR record. In many eyes he will be viewed the HR king. Also, his season is already among the best in MLB history, if you remove Bonds steroid seasons it’s it’s even higher on the list. Pretty unreal what he’s doing 

also you left of Pujols going for 700. Just hit 699 tonight 

• Like 1

The year Bonds hit 73, Pac Bell Park was the 2nd hardest park  to hit a HR in. Bonds would have hit 80+ that year playing 81 games at home in New York. Especially protected by Jeter, Williams, Justice, Posada, Tino, and Paul O'Neil.  Bonds hit 73 in less than 500 official at bats since he was walked so much due to little to no protection (really only Aurilia and Kent).

Ironically,  I suspect Judge will come home and be a Giant next year.

Edited by The Evil Genius

8 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

The year Bonds hit 73, Pac Bell Park was the 2nd hardest park  to hit a HR in. Bonds would have hit 80+ that year playing 81 games at home in New York. Especially protected by Jeter, Williams, Justice, Posada, Tino, and Paul O'Neil.  Bonds hit 73 in less than 500 official at bats since he was walked so much due to little to no protection (really only Aurilia and Kent).

Ironically,  I suspect Judge will come home and be a Giant next year.

If he wasn’t juiced; doubtful he would’ve hit that many.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe. Or maybe the juiced pitchers kept his stats down too. Who knows.

He still was the single greatest complete hitter imo in the game.

Every player who juiced is taint to baseball.

There will always be a taint to anything they accomplished.

So, that’s why Pujols and Judge accomplishments this year are been appreciated more. They did it while clean.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 2

I think Ruth's records are diminished because he played in a lily white league against part time plumbers and benefitted from ground rule doubles being counted as home runs for a part of his career. But I accept he was one of the greatest players ever too. 

This whole argument over steroids has always been silly to me. Are we to believe the only players who used were those mentioned in the Mitchell report and those who popped up from testing? What about former teammates who outed people later on, despite those people never testing positive or getting named in the report? Do they get a pass?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

This whole argument over steroids has always been silly to me. Are we to believe the only players who used were those mentioned in the Mitchell report and those who popped up from testing?

While I agree with you about all the names on the Mitchell Report, lets be honest, if Bonds did not play for the Giants, you wouldn't be defending him this hard. It's not a criticism, it's just the nature of fandom. I think Pete Alonso is a fruitcake--but if he played for the Nats, I'd have a much different opinion.

Fair or not, the faces of the biggest scandal in baseball history are McGuire, Sosa, Palmiero, Clemens, A-Rod, and Bonds. They were the ones who got the most notoriety out of the scandal and therefore are the faces. They will never be in the Hall of Fame.

8 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Also what about greenie usage from 1940- esrly1970s? Should rampant amphetamine usage in mlb be considered thr same as other PEDs?

Comparing greenies to the what Bonds et al used is like comparing the helmets of the 1970s NFL to todays when talking about concussion protection.

• Like 1