Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 MLB Thread

ixcuincle

Yep.  If you look at the history of the All-Star game, there have been super long winning streaks.  It is a bit of an anomaly.  Last time there were two successive different winners was 1986-1987.  National League absolutely owned from like 1960-1985, they won all but three.  

1 hour ago, TheDoyler23 said:

Please get to 31. 

I was at the Orioles 30-3 game…

Me too! My family and I left in 5th I think. Would have stayed if I had known history was about to have been made. Crazy we were winning that game 3-0.

10 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Me too! My family and I left in 5th I think. Would have stayed if I had known history was about to have been made. Crazy we were winning that game 3-0.

It was game 1 of a single ticket doubleheader that started at something like 5 so more people were in the stands by the time it was a blowout than when we were up. 

And they ****ing came back in the second game but Jim “I look like a greyhound in human form” Hoey blew it. ****. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been reading and watching Vin Scully stuff all morning.  This one is incredible.

This is the transcript of his call of the 9th inning of Koufax's no hitter.  Some of the most evocative and brilliant sports writing you'll ever see, and he just did it on the fly, off the top of his head.  The man was a true artist and genius with words.  

https://www.salon.com/1999/10/12/scully_koufax/

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Aaron Judge turned down 7 yrs, $213m from the Yankees...he'll surpass that.

Judge and Turner will lead the FA class.  Both will look for 300+.  Arenado can opt out of 5/144 at age 32.  He may end up doing that.  Little pitching on this market.  Rodon will be the biggest name.  I’m not really viewing deGrom as one even though he can opt out.

Rodon isn't a FA. He has a player opt out from 22.5 mil, which he might do. I suspect the Giants will lock him up though as the feeling has been mutually good between them and the Giants have little payroll committed beyond 2022. 

I just can't imagine giving a 30yo Judge anything more than 5 years. His productivity is likely going to crash hard at 34 or 35. I'm sure the Giants will go hard for him since he's a local and grew up a Giants fan..but I think it's buyer beware with him.  I'd rather have had Soto.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 1

Correa aslo has an opt out. 

29 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Aaron Judge turned down 7 yrs, $213m from the Yankees...he'll surpass that.

Well he's not taking a 6 year deal this offseason, so how many past his prime years can he get someone to buy at 35+ million dollars?  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Rodon isn't a FA. He has a player opt out from 22.5 mil, which he might do. I suspect the Giants will lock him up though as the feeling has been mutually good between them and the Giants have little payroll committed beyond 2022. 

I just can't imagine giving a 30yo Judge anything more than 5 years. His productivity is likely going to crash hard at 34 or 35. I'm sure the Giants will go hard for him since he's a local and grew up a Giants fan..but I think it's buyer beware with him.  I'd rather have had Soto.

Yes, I should have said he has an opt out.  I believe it’s 1/22.  I’ve heard he is likely to opt out because he didn’t like the fans like The Evil Genius.  😳

Seriously though, it makes sense that he opts out even if he returns ala Strasburg.  There’s just not enough pitching out there.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Are they going to do Judge and deGrom?

I think Judge is gone.

Looking at roster construction… Cashman seems to be veering toward team defence and pitching… and timely hitting.

I know they’re the Bronx Bombers this year (1st overall)… but Judge and Russo (opt out) will be gone next year.

Of course, the Yanks have been known to outbid themselves… like they did when they resigned Pettite, Rodriguez, Sabathia, Jeter. But Cashman has been a tightwad for a long while now… only caving for Cole. And there’s already some buyers remorse there already.

I can’t believe he’s already offered 7-year term. That’s already a stupid contract. So if he’s turned that down already…. let another team have him.

Avoid the Cano contract.