Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

18 minutes ago, Bang said:

Well, baseball means tomorrow is a new day.. lets get that series win tonight!

~Bang

I think they can do it.  They came back big after getting the **** beaten out of them by the Yankees.  Rough game last night but this team so far doesn't have any quit.  There's some good energy here compared to last years team that was already sleepwalking through the season at this point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think they can do it.  They came back big after getting the **** beaten out of them by the Yankees.  Rough game last night but this team so far doesn't have any quit.  There's some good energy here compared to last years team that was already sleepwalking through the season at this point.

Exactly why I am not at all filled with the hopelessness last year brought.. even if this squad ends up fighting to stay out of the ALE cellar.

they're yooung, SPEEDY, and I like that.
As usual, need to get the pitching sorted out.

I do like that Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer keep telling everyone it is an evaluation year, and the BEGINNING of the rebuild, and it will take time.
(And usually, i can't stand listening to Palmer )

~Bang

Just now, Bang said:

Exactly why I am not at all filled with the hopelessness last year brought.. even if this squad ends up fighting to stay out of the ALE cellar.

they're yooung, SPEEDY, and I like that.
As usual, need to get the pitching sorted out.

I do like that Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer keep telling everyone it is an evaluation year, and the BEGINNING of the rebuild, and it will take time.
(And usually, i can't stand listening to Palmer )

~Bang

What?  Can't stand listening to Palmer?  Palmer is so unintentionally hysterical to me, it's great.  He's won 3 Cy Youngs, is not afraid to remind anyone about it and also isn't afraid to remind everyone that he never gave up a grand slam.  His ego is absolutely fantastic.  

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What?  Can't stand listening to Palmer?  Palmer is so unintentionally hysterical to me, it's great.  He's won 3 Cy Youngs, is not afraid to remind anyone about it and also isn't afraid to remind everyone that he never gave up a grand slam.  His ego is absolutely fantastic.  

Well, yeah, i guess when you put it THAT way. 😆

His ego is MASSIVE.. his delivery is just tedious is why. I like Bordick better.

it is funny looking when they show him.. so much botox in that forehead...  he is in his 70s and still trying to look like hes 30 years younger. the other day when Eddie Murray was in the booth and thy had the camera on him, I kept watching Jim to see if he could blink.

Glad we have Gary Thorne, though. He's fantastic.

~Bang

1 minute ago, Bang said:

Well, yeah, i guess when you put it THAT way. 😆

His ego is MASSIVE.. his delivery is just tedious is why. I like Bordick better.

it is funny looking when they show him.. so much botox in that forehead...  he is in his 70s and still trying to look like hes 30 years younger. the other day when Eddie Murray was in the booth and thy had the camera on him, I kept watching Jim to see if he could blink.

Glad we have Gary Thorne, though. He's fantastic.

~Bang

Yeah, Palmer is a diva for sure...but he can get away with it cause he was so good. 

I love Thorne, golden pipes.  

42 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yeah, Palmer is a diva for sure...but he can get away with it cause he was so good. 

I love Thorne, golden pipes.  

Palmer's great (unless he's getting cantankerous and belabors some obvious point over and over to demonstrate how smart he is.)

And Gary, who is already great, gets the most out of him because he asks questions and sets things up beautifully. 

Hunter is the Larry Michael of the Orioles. 

I absolutely love Palmer. He was ruthless last night, as he generally is when players or coaches do dumb stuff, when the O's ran tried to run on the A's CF. It was 5-0 I think and they would've had Mancini come up with the bases loaded and no outs. Instead they get the first out at home then, on the next pitch with Mancini up, they attempt a double steal which gets Rickard thrown out at 2nd. Really bad decision making by both the 3rd base coach and the manager. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

It still amazes me that pitchers walk Chris Davis. To be fair, the AB in the 7th that just happened, the pitcher nibbled around the plate. But still, you nibble and miss, he could get on base. You throw him strikes, he’s 0 for forever.

Maybe none of them want to be the first one to give up a hit