Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

7 hours ago, Hersh said:

I like Santander but his OBP is dreadful. He's been clutch but gotta be better in that department to take the next step. 

Hersh!  Remember this?

On 12/4/2019 at 9:02 PM, Hersh said:

Don’t know if there was a new O’s thread but I’ve now entered the same stage with the O’s that I’ve been at with the Skins. I just don’t care anymore and won’t be watching. I didn’t like that they tanked last year but I understood. To keep tanking is not something I’m interested in spending any time on at all. 

And then I said:  

On 12/5/2019 at 10:28 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Cool, see ya opening day 2020.

And you said:  

On 12/5/2019 at 1:52 PM, Hersh said:

No, you won't. Same thing happened to me with the Redskins. 

I don't mind rebuilding, but I'm no fan of sports teams spending multiple years tanking. A one year reset following the disaster of 2018, totally understandable. I don't even expect winning, just not tanking again. They are going to continue to slash payroll and trade players. The pipeline is strong now, there is no need for a full tank job. BTW, Elias is living in a fantasy world with his stated desire of never having to do a sell-off again cause the minors will always be strong. It's not a realistic view to have and no team is capable of that unless you spend like the Yankees spend. The O's won't ever do that. 

Just when you thought you were out, they pulled you back in!!!

12 hours ago, Bang said:

is it just me? I like McDonald in the booth better than Palmer.

~Bang

I like McDonald a lot, not more than Palmer but just different.  It's two different styles.   Palmer is hilarious and he's so full of himself which is ok because he's...Jim Palmer and he can be.  McDonald is just real down to earth and easygoing.  Love 'em both for different reasons.  Hopefully next year they can be in the booth together, that'd be great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hersh!  Remember this?

And then I said:  

And you said:  

Just when you thought you were out, they pulled you back in!!!

I like McDonald a lot, not more than Palmer but just different.  It's two different styles.   Palmer is hilarious and he's so full of himself which is ok because he's...Jim Palmer and he can be.  McDonald is just real down to earth and easygoing.  Love 'em both for different reasons.  Hopefully next year they can be in the booth together, that'd be great.

I haven't watched a game but good try. I hate Elias. I pay attention some online. This is how it was with the Skins. Never watched games but still followed some. Hatred of them grew. 

Edited by Hersh

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What'd Elias ever do to you?

The tanking. He doesn't actually want this team to win at this point and he won't deviate from his plan which is to stock up the lower levels of the minors. Given the team is having success, why would you keep playing CD and not have Mountcastle in this lineup? There isn't a good reason other than he doesn't care to win now. He will trade away Givens and Cobb if the deals are right rather than make a run at the post season. Next year will be the same. 

Multi-year tanking is one of the worst things to happen in modern day sports. 

Edited by Hersh