Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Plight of the 2021 Baltimore Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

Nice to answer by the O's.   Hard to get to Cole, especially in first inning.  Hays walk followed by Iglesias double.  Santander almost had a HR that hooked foul and Alberto ripped one along the third baseline again just foul.  Nice at bats and baserunning.  Os trail 2-1.

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Like 1

Double by Nunez, then DSJ sends one out!  A little life here, O's stlll trail 7-3, 7th inning.  

Severino just ripped a double along the third base line.  Cole done for the night.  this might be a bit of amoral victory even if they can't pull off a rally. 

This is why I watch despite knowing their record is going to be pretty terrible in probability.

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

I'm officially not a fan of Sulser.  That 2-1 ball call was complete bull by the umpire though.

Yeah total bs call.  Totally changed the AB. He had to throw one down the middle after that should’ve been strike. Sulser earned the L though. Walked the first and was behind every batter. 

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The thing I like about this team, they will always fight.  

I liked that Hyde gave the umpire grief on that last call. Dude blows an obvious strike to Judge and then ends the game on one that's 4" under the zone? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I liked that Hyde gave the umpire grief on that last call. Dude blows an obvious strike to Judge and then ends the game on one that's 4" under the zone? 

Agreed. I noticed that as well. Just need to remind myself we still need high draft picks, so this is good.  😁

O's lead 5-3 going into the 8th.  Bulllpen needs to come through here.  Given is starting the inning

Chris Davis pinch hit tonight.   0 for 2 with two strikeouts.  The last one was with the bases loaded and he looked at two consecutive 77 mph curveballs.   Strike 2 seemed like right down the middle to me too.  I think we are probably getting the same Chris Davis we got for the last two years, so spring training probably a mirage.    

Bullpen cannot hold lead.  O's go to extras.

Wow, nice play by Mullins gunning down the free runner on second!  Double play!

And Tanner Scott squaders that awesome defense by walking the next two batters ... 😞

Guess he redeemed himsefl - strikes out Kiermaier after falling behind the count 3-1 count and a wild pitch which advanced the runners.  Honestly I would have walked Kiermaier at that point and brought in relief, but I guess Hyde knows best. 

Edited by DCSaints_fan

3 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

So in the extra innings silliness, does the runner at 2nd count as an earned or unearned run when they score? Gotta be unearned, right? I’d be pissed if I came in, for two outs and took a loss for that. 

Yes, unearned.  The runner gets credited with a run though.

Assuredly meaningless, but the Os could easily be 5-2 if not for Sulser getting squeezed the other night. Faced some pretty formidable pitching so far as well. 

Would love to see any two of Hays, Stewart, Sisco, and Mullins start to hit a little bit. 

• Like 1