Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The alliance of American football

redskinss

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

I noticed that this option is only allowed if a team is down at least 17 or if there is less than five minutes left in the game?

I'll admit I would miss the rare occasion where teams decide to do onside kicks in unexpected situations, like Andy Reid used to do against the Cowboys and Sean Payton did against the Colts in the Super Bowl. I think Belichick did one early in the game against the Skins in 2015. 

I did not know that.  Looked up some other rules after seeing that and I have to say, I dislike the number of conditional rules.  No FG attempts in OT, a ninth official that only gets involved five minutes from the end of the game

the way they try to minimize the kicker I see the AAF eventually having a lot of K-P to save a roster spot

I was in the wrong forum last night wondering why nobody else was watching. lol!  I liked what I saw from the AAL last night. Watched ATL vs Orlando. A lot of good defensive plays. Seeing the Qb's getting blown up was entertaining. At one point all Matt Sims could do was the RG3 backwards moonwalk into a sack. Great catches by the WR.  The QB play is not NFL standard but it was not too bad.  I'm jumping on the Orlando Apollos bandwagon.  Atlanta is closer to VA but  I'm joining the winning team this time.  

UConn needs to hurry up and lose. Its game time for my beloved Iron.

Atlanta shouldn't have a team imo. Uniforms and name are horrible. Organization looks like a joke with Childress and Vick quitting early. 

Ol Ball Coach still got it I guess. Had flashbacks to Osaka. Can wing ding it around the Alliance most likely. 

Hope Birmingham plays better than Atlanta. Ive been a fan for all of zero seconds so far. Tim Lewis vs Mike Singletary seems like trouble for my beloved Iron. How did every other team get a legit head coach except the Iron? Even Atlanta had Brad Mustache Childress to start out.

13 minutes ago, clietas said:

One of the reason I thought St louis should have gotten a team instead of Atlanta. 

Luis Perez lookin sharp. 

This iron/express game has been a lot better than the ATL/ORL game last night.   

After ATL’s **** fest last night, they are ruled out on the team I’m pulling for.  Plus I read that Vick got “reassigned” to a player personnel role and isn’t the offensive coordinator now.  

Didnt know that Jeff “anal fissure” was part of the league front office.  **** him.......and as always **** Spurrier!

Liking what the Iron is doing so far.  Depending on how Phoenix does tonight, gonna pick one of those two to root for.

15 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

After ATL’s **** fest last night, they are ruled out on the team I’m pulling for.  Plus I read that Vick got “reassigned” to a player personnel role and isn’t the offensive coordinator now.  

Didnt know that Jeff “anal fissure” was part of the league front office.  **** him.......and as always **** Spurrier!

Ha Reassigned. Broadcasters made it sound like Vick quit like Childress.

Was suprised to see Fisher. As much as I dislike him and Spurrier its kinda one of the reason I'll tune back in. Every league needs some good heels.

Birmingham needs someone who can catch. Their TE #80 is the only guy who seems able and he's apparently hurt.

4 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Pretty decent debut.  I agree, they had to put together a league with the players they could get.  Which is why we are seeing a lot of players that have been out of any type of football for some amount of time.  With the TV contract with the NFL Network and clear desire to be a complementary league to the NFL and what appears to be a decent brand of football, next year should be a lot better.

They should be able to sign better talent that is fresh out of college or just released from the NFL or undrafted.  Also knowing that if they sign with the AAF and get a good enough resume and get a call from an NFL team that they will be released from their contracts to pursue their dream, has to be a good selling point for them, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.  

next season will have to deal with the XFL though and potentially something called the Progress Football League.  Of course these guys may have a chance to grow together somewhat.

6 minutes ago, carex said:

next season will have to deal with the XFL though and potentially something called the Progress Football League.  Of course these guys may have a chance to grow together somewhat.

I like how the AAF has positioned itself, a league where guys can get a chance to put tape together to get noticed by the NFL.  They're not trying to hide who they are, guy that are UDFAs or one time players in the league who are seeking a way back.  

XFL back in the day was different, they acted like it was going to be great football, that you'd REALLY like this instead of the NFL and it was terrible.  I'm not sure how they're going to position themselves this time around but I can't imagine they're going to be saying they're grooming guy for the NFL.  

Archived