Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, Metalhead said:

How much further will Crews be promoted this year? Another two weeks at Single-A then the rest of the season at Harrisburg? If he rakes at AA could he get a call-up to the bigs?

I don't know enough about contracts and player control but shouldn't we wait until next year? I could see us calling him up sooner if we were competing for 1st place but that isn't the case this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

I don't know enough about contracts and player control but shouldn't we wait until next year? I could see us calling him up sooner if we were competing for 1st place but that isn't the case this year. 

I wasn't really pushing for it, just wondering how it could play out. I don't think it would be good to keep him at a level too long though. Crews seems to want the next challenge like Harper did coming up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

A September call up shouldn’t be enough to impact service time especially if you’re assuming he’ll be up next year anyway. 

7 minutes ago, TheGoodBits said:

A September call up shouldn’t be enough to impact service time especially if you’re assuming he’ll be up next year anyway. 

It doesn’t affect service time too much, but it does take away another spot on the 40 man roster unnecessarily. I think it would be difficult to bring up Crews and not Wood in September. 

It’d be exciting to see them, but I wouldn’t fault the Nats if they don’t call them up. I’d take the patient route here.

1 hour ago, Metalhead said:

I wasn't really pushing for it, just wondering how it could play out. I don't think it would be good to keep him at a level too long though. Crews seems to want the next challenge like Harper did coming up.

Let's see Crews in Wilmington. Harper spent 100-150 games in the minors before getting to Washington. 

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Let's see Crews in Wilmington. Harper spent 100-150 games in the minors before getting to Washington. 

True, but Harper was younger when drafted. Zimmerman played in 67 minors league games then 10 in the AFL.

Rendon played 79.

Edited by Ball Security
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

True, but Harper was younger when drafted. Zimmerman played in 67 minors league games then 10 in the AFL.

Rendon played 79.

Cool. Zimm is a good comp.

Crews has played in how many games? A dozen? I'm all for bumping him to Wilmington asap.

3 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Cool. Zimm is a good comp.

Crews has played in how many games? A dozen? I'm all for bumping him to Wilmington asap.

Tonight will be 11. Both Harrisburg and Wilmington are on the road this week. I’d imagine they’d wait to next week to promote. He could end up skipping Wilmington, but you’d think the Nats would want to throw them a bone.

I think it’d be pretty dope to have a Harrisburg OF of Hassell, Crews, and Wood.

Morales and Pickney need to go to Wilmington.

Nobody on Wilmington is pushing a promotion.  Pickney goes up, then you have four OFers needed ABs: Pickney, De la Rosa, Lile, and McKenzie.

13 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Tonight will be 11. Both Harrisburg and Wilmington are on the road this week. I’d imagine they’d wait to next week to promote. He could end up skipping Wilmington, but you’d think the Nats would want to throw them a bone.

I think it’d be pretty dope to have a Harrisburg OF of Hassell, Crews, and Wood.

Morales and Pickney need to go to Wilmington.

Nobody on Wilmington is pushing a promotion.  Pickney goes up, then you have four OFers needed ABs: Pickney, De la Rosa, Lile, and McKenzie.

Once Wood's SO rate starts declining he should be promoted to AAA. He's getting close.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

And, considering the low expectations going in, finishing out of the cellar ahead of the Mets would be a season-ending chef’s kiss. 

The starting pitching last year was atrocious. This year, it’s respectable. The infield defense is so much better too which helps the pitchers.

8 hours ago, Dan T. said:

And, considering the low expectations going in, finishing out of the cellar ahead of the Mets would be a season-ending chef’s kiss. 

FIRE DAVEY!!!

Honestly, I think they're all coming back, and they should. I was out on Coles earlier in the year, but the improvements Abrams and Ruiz have had, plus the years Candelario, Thomas, Adams (in a small sample), Joey Bats has turned it around. Plus, we are outscoring the Mets (LOL!) AND the Yankees, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, San Fransisco, and the entire AL Central (minus the Twins). Things are pointing up!

And MacK is OK:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I think this is the anti-tanking rules at play. No point in losing games if we can't improve our draft position, so might as well manage day-to-day rosters and games to get some wins.

I don't know. Take out Stras and Corbin and it's like a $30M payroll. Maybe if you could tank, the lineups would be shuffled more for guys who aren't performing? 🤷 

Would like to see them claw as close to 500 as possible by the end of the season.