Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

8 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

So has there been news on if LA will give Max an extension? Or did he drop that requirement? Would love to not have to watch him on LA past this year

Doubt the Dodgers would even want to pay him beyond this year. Its purely a three month rental.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Getting some good karma back. Mets, Phillies, Braves all about to lose

That’ll push us to 6.5 games back? Or we stay at 7? (Was at 7.5 games back before tonight’s win) 

asking for a friend, because i dont believe in any playoff push at allllll nope, not me! 😂

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That’ll push us to 6.5 games back? Or we stay at 7? (Was at 7.5 games back before tonight’s win) 

asking for a friend, because i dont believe in any playoff push at allllll nope, not me! 😂

Haha. 6.5 since we win and Mets lose.

MLB’s prospect rankings have added our trade pieces to the top 30.

1. Ruiz C (Max/Turner)

2. Gray RHP (Max/Turner)

10. Carillo RHP (Max/Turner)

11. Ramirez RHP (Schwarber BOS)

13. Adams C (Hand TOR)

16. Thompson RHP (Hudson SD)

24. Millas C (Gomes/Harrison OAK)

27. Casey OF (Max/Turner)

28. Barley SS (Hudson SD)

30. Guasch RHP (Gomes/Harrison OAK).

This really illustrates how barren our system was.  This does not include 2021 draft picks.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

MLB’s prospect rankings have added our trade pieces to the top 30.

1. Ruiz C (Max/Turner)

2. Gray RHP (Max/Turner)

10. Carillo RHP (Max/Turner)

11. Ramirez RHP (Schwarber BOS)

13. Adams C (Hand TOR)

16. Thompson RHP (Hudson SD)

24. Millas C (Gomes/Harrison OAK)

27. Casey OF (Max/Turner)

28. Barley SS (Hudson SD)

30. Guasch RHP (Gomes/Harrison OAK).

This really illustrates how barren our system was.  This does not include 2021 draft picks.

LOL so we picked up 12 players and 10 of them cracked our top 30? That is sad but shows how necessary these moves were. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, bearrock said:

Okay.  If people want to say that Eaton for Giolito (who was anywhere from top 5 to top 25 best prospect in baseball that year and has now finished top 6 and 7 in Cy Young voting the last two years) was a good trade, I really have nothing more to say.  I mean he just might have been a little helpful in 2019 with a near top five Cy Young year and freed up Corbin money in the process, but since I can't prove that such a team would still have won the WS, I guess people can rest easy knowing that we won that Eaton/Giolito trade.  

So Adam Eaton’s .993 OPS, 2 HR’s, 6 RBI’s, .320 BA in the 2019 WS means that little to you?  Wow, dude.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, bearrock said:

Okay.  If people want to say that Eaton for Giolito (who was anywhere from top 5 to top 25 best prospect in baseball that year and has now finished top 6 and 7 in Cy Young voting the last two years) was a good trade, I really have nothing more to say.  I mean he just might have been a little helpful in 2019 with a near top five Cy Young year and freed up Corbin money in the process, but since I can't prove that such a team would still have won the WS, I guess people can rest easy knowing that we won that Eaton/Giolito trade.  

None of this is accurate. When he was traded, he had fallen to 75-80 on most lists. He was literally the worst pitcher in baseball in 2018. There is 0 chance he gets that opportunity here. He developed because he spent all of 2018 just pitching and being allowed to suck. He accredited this time to his turn around.

Eaton was instrumental in a World Series title. He was a good player for us, just injured. You think Cubs fans give a rats ass about Glyber Torres right now?

"Yeah, we won a title, but so what?!"

10 hours ago, Bacon said:

LOL so we picked up 12 players and 10 of them cracked our top 30? That is sad but shows how necessary these moves were. 

Look at our draft picks from 2013-2018, big reason why.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Excellent write up from Dougherty. 

I love that he showed the ring to remind everybody, including himself.  Stay hungry.  How do you do that after finally achieving what you’ve always dreamed of?  Tear it down and try & do it all over again when everybody says you can’t.  Mike Rizzo is a winner with vision.

23 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

None of this is accurate. When he was traded, he had fallen to 75-80 on most lists.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/mlb/chicago-white-sox-scouting-report-on-rhp-lucas-giolito

At the winter meetings, the Chicago White Sox acquired Giolito, Reynaldo Lopez and Dane Dunning for outfielder Adam Eaton to play center field for the Nationals.

While the prospect community continued to rank Giolito highly, he did fall some in rankings after his struggles, ranking #25 overall with BA, #11 with MLB Pipeline and #10 with BP.

I had Giolito ranked #12 overall in the Call to the Pen top 125 prospect list that came out in January.

Yeah, but believe whatever helps you get through the kool aid.

24 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He was literally the worst pitcher in baseball in 2018. There is 0 chance he gets that opportunity here. He developed because he spent all of 2018 just pitching and being allowed to suck. He accredited this time to his turn around.

If your opinion of the Nats development system is so low that you think they wouldn't have been able to develop a pitcher with a talent to be a perennial cy young contender, it doesn't exactly bode well for the rebuild.