Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

9 minutes ago, -JB- said:

We’ve seen Max come out of the bullpen and get shelled in the playoffs. 

Sure, but I guarantee you this is not what informed Davey's decision, nor should it. Psychologically speaking and in terms of pitching skill, he's ideal for a playoff closing scenario and a couple bad appearances in a long career doesn't change that. 

Edited by Bacon

I think people are underselling Max. He is stuff was good his last 2 times out, K'd double-digits both times. He wasn't giving up rockets or walking 20 people. He had some bad luck, and has a .315 BABIP which isn't sustainable. He retired 17 of 20 Phillies he faced, Brad Miller having a wierd stat line against him.

His FIP is lower than Stras, K rate and BB rate are better. I don't think you go wrong either way.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

One thing needs to happen today or tomorrow: Aaron Barrett needs to pitch an inning. So he can soak in the cheers and love from the Nats fans for coming back. I was hoping Davey brought him in for the final out last night. 

Secure HFA first tonight. I really hope he brings him out on Sunday.

Worry about today. Cleveland has professional players also and the only motivation now is to not let Washington have a homefield play-in. 

However, I do think Corbin won't be maxed out today with everyone getting Monday off. I could see him going like 4 innings and coming out around 60 pitches.

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Worry about today. Cleveland has professional players also and the only motivation now is to not let Washington have a homefield play-in. 

However, I do think Corbin won't be maxed out today with everyone getting Monday off. I could see him going like 4 innings and coming out around 60 pitches.

he probably goes to 100 and no more. i remember one of the beat reporters saying that Corbin as routine driven as other pitchers. basically said that corbin would be fine skipping a usual bullpen session to make sure he was ready to go on tuesday if needed

7 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

One thing needs to happen today or tomorrow: Aaron Barrett needs to pitch an inning. So he can soak in the cheers and love from the Nats fans for coming back. I was hoping Davey brought him in for the final out last night. 

I love the guy, but last time he pitched was scary. He couldn’t find the plate with a crack survey team. If the games mean nothing I’m okay with it, but if anything’s on the line he’s better off cheering from the dugout.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

I love the guy, but last time he pitched was scary. He couldn’t find the plate with a crack survey team. If the games mean nothing I’m okay with it, but if anything’s on the line he’s better off cheering from the dugout.

agreed. as long as we have something to play for, he can't pitch in any meaningful situation. if we wrap up homefield today, he can pitch all 9 for all I care tomorrow

Edited by StillUnknown

Glorious start to this one. Absolutely crushing their starter to the tune of 48 pitches in 1.1 IP and Tony knocked in a 2 RBI double to hopefully get his swing straightened out. Corbin got things started with a clutch RBI single. 

Edited by Bacon