Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

On 1/5/2019 at 2:52 PM, skinfan2k said:

i dont why people assume Rendon is gone. Zimm is coming off he books.  That's almost 20M off he books there.  We can easily afford him.  Rendon is not getting anything more than 170.  Stop acting like he will be paid like a top player.   when you dont make the ASG, or win batting titles, you aren't getting paid.  

Rendon is barely a 20M player.  

Rendon is getting way more than 170.  That’s a fact, Jack!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CaptainJames2004 said:

I'm going to the game Friday night. What needs to happen to secure home field at this point? Wondering if Friday's game will be pointless or if they'll have something to play for. Going for free though so whatevs...

We need to finish with a better record than Milwaukee. They have something to play for, but i suspect its secondary to getting rest to the players who need it

I don't like Stras coming out of the pen. He's such a creature of habit, I don't think he'd thrive in that role. Scherzer on the other hand would be a beast out of the pen, just imagine him coming out in the 6th or 7th and just hurling 100 MPH heat like Jordan Zimmermann did that one playoff game. I'd start Stras and have Scherzer ready just in case, and have Corbin start Game 1 in LA if we win. Corbin's #s against the Dodgers are pretty good I believe, especially with him being a lefty against that lefty heavy lineup.

I still think Stras should start. 

Depending on how the game is going, I actually feel that Anibal could be great out of the pen. If we get a big lead that the Brewers need to make up in the 5th and beyond, his breaking ball-heavy style could make the most of the tension and aggression of the moment. I can picture them swinging at air again and again. 

If we're digging ourselves out and need strikes, Max is the guy.