Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

that lil baby is so lucky, coming into the world and already a champion

keep the baby far away from the other team that shall not be spoken

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I've been getting stuff piece meal. Got my Fight Finished sweatshirt, WS knit hat, t shirts, waiting on my blue fitted Champs hat.

my 40 page commemorative edition of the Post came in today

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

that lil baby is so lucky, coming into the world and already a champion

keep the baby far away from the other team that shall not be spoken

my 40 page commemorative edition of the Post came in today

Or maybe he is the blessed chosen one champion that shall bring salvation in the form of a championship to all the local teams.

My father is a Rams fan and forbade me from supporting them growing up because they were such a bad franchise in the 90s and he didn't want me to suffer. There's a ton of irony in that, but that's basically where I'm at with Stephanie and the Skins.

She's allowed to support the Skins when Snyder sells the team and not a day sooner. I doubt she'll want to partake in that suffering anyway with her mom being a Packers fan. We might have another PokerPacker situation with that kid. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bacon said:

My father is a Rams fan and forbade me from supporting them growing up because they were such a bad franchise in the 90s and he didn't want me to suffer. There's a ton of irony in that, but that's basically where I'm at with Stephanie and the Skins.

She's allowed to support the Skins when Snyder sells the team and not a day sooner. I doubt she'll want to partake in that suffering anyway with her mom being a Packers fan. We might have another PokerPacker situation with that kid. 

father of the damn year, she is destined for greatness

• Like 1

Christian Yelich getting upset on Twitter about the sign stealing puts this whole controversy over the top as the funniest thing to happen in baseball for a while.

Teams, fans and players are turning on each and back biting over the Astros, a team whose cheating bull**** we overcame. Now all we have left to do is laugh it up, watch and wait for the offseason to unfold. I love it. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Gut the ****s.

Strip their '17 WS away. Draft picks, international pool $, coaches & executive firings.

We'll take the spring training complex all to ourselves too. Gtfo.

Not sure they'll strip the title from them, but yeah, anything less than Ludnhow getting a long, long ban--if not permanent--will be disappointing. Massive fines, massive International Pool restrictions, picks. You can see Crane, Hinch, Cora, and Beltran getting hefty suspensions/fines.

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's gonna be interesting to say the least.  The agreement requires that MASN pay the same rights fee to both teams.  So that's gonna cost the network about 600 mil for 2012-2016. 

MASN reportedly makes about 60 mil in profit per year, so 300 mil for 2012-2016, which will have to be clawed back from the two teams.  That leaves a 300 mil shortage, which will have to be paid by the two teams. 

So on net, MASN generates 300 mil on its own, Nats will have to kick in about 40-45 mil, O's about 255-60 mil.  So at the end of the day, Nats probably give back their MASN profit distribution during 2012-2016 (40-45 mil) and then pay 40-45 mil towards the shortage and take 296 mil, netting 200 mil.  O's give back their profit of 255-60 mil, take 296 mil, of which they have to contribute 255-60.  That's a net loss of around 200 mil.

Going forward, if MASN doesn't generate more money, the deal will be a huge net loser for the O's.  Eventually, MASN will continuously need capital contribution from Nats and O's, which in essence will mean 33% of the required capital contribution will end up being a transfer from the O's to the Nats.  Only way for the O's to avoid this will be to increase the MASN profit, keep the TV rights fee down, void the deal, or sell MASN.  

Open tanking.  Systemic cheating.  Toxic Misogyny.  Racism.  Manager a smug lying douche.  Best player a showboating little rich boy.  How original to see an impossibly unlikable team from Texas.  They truly are the team for our time.

MLB is lucky the Nats won that series.  Having all this stuff drop right on the heels of yet another tainted World Series would have been much worse for the sport.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just cant understand that kind of desperation/lack of moral compass. There's no way I'd be able to live with myself if I knew that all my accomplishments were had because someone cheated for me to get there...

Even if I knew people were doing other stuff, my pride/ego would get in the way. And I've been a pretty desperate dude. Just don't think I could do it. Probably why Fiers came clean

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Open tanking.  Systemic cheating.  Toxic Misogyny.  Racism.  Manager a smug lying douche.  Best player a showboating little rich boy.  How original to see an impossibly unlikable team from Texas.  They truly are the team for our time.

MLB is lucky the Nats won that series.  Having all this stuff drop right on the heels of yet another tainted World Series would have been much worse for the sport.

I've never been a fan of some of the unwritten rules of baseball, and how some asshole pitchers act towards some guys just expressing themselves, but Bregman just taking the freaking bat to first base like "Here, hold my ****?" I would've swung on him at home plate if I was the catcher

• Like 1
  • Haha 1