Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

So, about my question....which got a couple of likes but not one answer 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

is the World Series documentary pretty much the same thing as the dvd that was released for the capitals Stanley cup championship? Anyone have an answer to that?

in other words, will it be available on DVD soon after? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Nats came here as an expansion team in 2005. In 15 years they've won a championship and overtaken the big dog Skins. Pretty remarkable.

Ted Lerner should be hailed in the same standard as Jack Kent Cooke.

What's really ironic was 2005 was the last time the Redskins won a playoff game...and it was also the year Ovechkin was drafted.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Nats came here as an expansion team in 2005. In 15 years they've won a championship and overtaken the big dog Skins. Pretty remarkable.

Tremendous disservice done to Lerner here.  JKC was no hero.

• Like 2

If you would have told me, in 1991 (when I lived in Lanham), that one day DC would have a baseball team named the Nationals that were the most popular DC team and World Series champions along with the ****ing Capitals as Stanley Cup champions & the Skins would be such a laughingstock that nobody went to the games anymore............ 

47BE8F28-C50E-4203-B2A6-269D9EFE3E01.png

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 2

On 11/21/2019 at 1:48 PM, Warhead36 said:

Nationals weren't an expansion team in 2005.   Though I guess in terms of talent inherited from the Expos, they may as well have been. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Nationals weren't an expansion team in 2005.   Though I guess in terms of talent inherited from the Expos, they may as well have been. 

Yeah, might as well have been, considering how MLB allowed the farm system to become a barren wasteland.

Edited by -JB-

8 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

which blu-ray are you ordering?  

https://www.mlbshop.com/washington-nationals/2019-world-series-champions:-washington-nationals-dvd/blu-ray-combo/t-14905658+p-707434764634+z-8-3914910006?_ref=p-PDP:m-RV:i-r0c0:po-0

I would absolutely, 100% go to the Anthem if I were in DC. Sounds like potentially the most raucous crowd this side of Rocky Horror Picture Show.