Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump Border Wall Post-Shutdown Discussion (Wall-Fight)

Fergasun

it's worse than ridiculous to let trump give that speech, as things are, if there's any way to stop it.  and it's hardly some long held vital sacred tradition. i know at least one postponement, too, when the challenger accident occurred. it's cheap political theater and self-fluffing for the party in power and very little substance most years. 

anyway, putin's personal scrotum lickers, donald trump and mitch mcconnel, have a lot of planning to do...for don, how to bury this coming report and make sure he and his kids escape consequence, and for mitch, if they lose the senate and wh in 2020, how to fund his gang moving forward if all that russian money that's been flowing to the white nationalist party for years suddenly dries up....might be like working without getting paid for him and other elected gopers...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

it's worse than ridiculous to let trump give that speech

I've been vocal how I'm not a Pelosi fan here. But there was no way she was going to let him hold a campaign rally there with her standing there.... and she's right for it if it can be stopped.

If you don't think he had this plan of turning around and taking trash to her with no ability to reply. You're on strong drugs than he is. 

well, what decent sane intelligent human could possibly want to hear trump blat out another lengthy lying mindless diatribe from that cognitive cesspool, in between sniffles and his standard repertoire of psycho-lite facial and body movements?

why would anyone not a trump supporter want that? you know what it's going to be. worse than a waste of time.

The guy that shutdown the government shouldn't get to speak about the state of the government.

Comrade Idiot cares more about his company business in Russia than he cares about Americans.

Do you think Mitch and the GOP are just going to impeach him, with collusion as a pretext? Nah, they are spineless and would have already ended this farce if they also cared. What's the GOP long-game here? They can't sandbag their 2020 nominee, but he's sinking the ship?

I can't believe the GOP... it's all about elections and agenda -- none of it is about being responsible with power.

Shouldn’t be allowed? He’s the president of the United States. He is part of the government, he’s free to talk about It. From the Oval Office.

I don’t like the move Pelosi made but I understand why she did it. It’s a shame that neither her or trump are willing to act like adults. Trump started it but they are both responsible.

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Shouldn’t be allowed? He’s the president of the United States. He is part of the government, he’s free to talk about It. From the Oval Office.

I don’t like the move Pelosi made but I understand why she did it. It’s a shame that neither her or trump are willing to act like adults. Trump started it but they are both responsible.

How is Pelosi not acting like an adult? The House Dems are the ones that have passed bills to reopen the government. This is a GOP shutdown a long time in the making. From the GOP not allowing a vote on the bipartisan immigration bill a few years ago, to the House GOP not immediately passing the Senate bill right before the shutdown to Trump agreeing to sign a bill then saying he won't sign it. The only ones acting like adults in this particular issue are the Dems. Where is Mitch? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

just for me--you bet he can do it anywhere else he wants....but since this is about a house of reps setting with certain formalities that include a invitation to proceed and allows for postponements or suspensions, i support a scenario where the non-traitorous members of congress aren't held hostage to another total pathetic farce by this uniquely specific potus tossing the kind of **** show we've seen repeatedly

i also would like the media to stop covering most any of his sick and mindless nonsense...juts summarize it afterwards with clips

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well yea I think thats what everyone else is saying too. 

Pelosi being childish or whatever you want to classify her behavior right now is a tough one for me. Cause I kinda wanna agree. Like she should be able to find a compromise here and keep things running. But at the same time, shes not working with a normal situation. The President is clearly NOT going to work with any democrat to get anything accomplished. At this point any cooperation would be seen as weakness by his base and that fear is exactly what drives him. Add to that, letting him win after holding the country hostage like this would just tell him he can use these methods to get what he wants. And you know he will use it because that's exactly how he ran his businesses. 

Knowing all that, as much as I want Pelosi to be the adult in the room, I have to give credit to the idea that that simply wouldn't work this time. Sometimes you do need to fight fire with fire. And I think in this case, she needs to be as forceful as possible. As stubborn as possible. And as dirty as possible to win. The country is actually on the line here and as much as I dont Trust any politician, I have no choice but to go with her over Trump. 

If we would have made THIS EXACT SAME CHOICE with Hillary we wouldn't even be in this mess. Im not planning to make the same mistake twice with Trump. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 4

The American form of government hasn't changed.  The essence of democratic government is compromise.  If one side wants something, and they don't control the House, Senate and White House, then they have to either convince the other side's voters that what they want is proper, or give something to the other side in exchange.  

Trump badly wants $5.7 billion for a wall.  Most voters hate the idea of a wall, and Trump has offered nothing in exchange.  Trump's only tactic has been to take his case to the voters.  He's done this via near-constant tweets and he gave that terrible Oval Office address.  Pelosi is under no obligation to help him continue to make his case to the public.  It's her chamber.  

Pelosi is acting in accordance with the way governance has always been conducted.  Trump is not.  

• Like 5

again, for me, i would have run this whole thing from the pelosi perspective staying focused on two major tenets---one: the dems had more than one supposed agreement on immigration with the WH changed will nilly at the last minute on the emotional reactivity of the pres.

the pres himself has made it pointless to dialogue with any of his mouthpieces or even himself so where do you go?  he's shown repeatedly his word can't be trusted in negotiation.. so what needs to happen is the senate and the house develop and present a veto-proof agreement and that's where the energy should go, but it can't because gop...the legislation itself has already been done and approved in more than one package, and they have sufficient agreement numbers-wise right now to do that with some of those previous offerings, but to hold onto their power the gop (mcconnel and his bffs) is willing to let this kind of **** go down instead

and two---and it's a big one---you can't reward this kind of tactic with any form of success or---especially given don is the pos he is---he'll juts do it again for any reason that suits him...and i'd stay on those two themes

btw, i don't even fully take off the table given how this shutdown helps putin interests in sooooo many ways, particularly the longer it lasts, and that may be a deliberate consideration as one piece of don's doing this (i'm into actual conspiracy territory, here, and that's far from my comfort zone)---this is crippling us in many ways and the longer it last so does recovering from it

i do also wish the dems would get their position on barriers within the larger border security articulated more plainly---not all their fault---from their majority just for the sake of public discourse (it may be too late in this matter)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Pelosi is on fire.

Thank Goodness she leading this and not that clown Schumer.

imo, in terms of morality/ethics/character, hillpill earned some of the hate she gets much more than nancy has, but of course hillpill got way more hate than merited

i've never had much use for schumer on his best days, and loathe what he (and more than a few other dems while i'm noting it) brings to the table as his standard fare....very disappointing for his level of influence

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i've never had much use for schumer on his best days, and loathe what he (and more than a few other dems while i'm noting it) brings to the table as his standard fare....very disappointing for his level of influence

Dems in the Senate missed a golden opportunity to elevate a woman the lead. Be the first major party with two women leaders. Plus it would endlessly annoy Trump. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Pelosi is on fire.

Thank Goodness she leading this and not that clown Schumer.

Yea shes killing it. This is why they needed her verses some young gun just yet. I like the young guns. But she has alot of experience AND nothing to lose. Makes her dangerous. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Dems in the Senate missed a golden opportunity to elevate a woman the lead. Be the first major party with two women leaders. Plus it would endlessly annoy Trump. 

Fun question to anyone interested in giving it a shot: 

Would Dems not going with two Females as to not turn off some of the more misogynistic dems (im sure they exist but I cant name one) be the same as Repubs not going with a person of color because of the obvious racism that exists in the party? 

Not an attempt to derail at all just a weird thought that popped in my brain and was curious what yall thought