Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Teacher Lost Her Job After Declining to Sign an Oath to be Pro-Israel

Bozo the kKklown

46 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

What the hell is going on with this country?

Absolutely stunned that such a thing is even possible in America.  Let alone that it can supposedly happen in more than half of our states, and me not hear about it till now.  

I haven't been a member of the ACLU for probably 10 years, but I just sent them $100, over just this one issue.  

24 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Odd that this would be required in NY. Its without a doubt a Blue state...

I'll have to ask my state worker friends if they had to sign something.

Right now a Democratic Senator from Maryland (Ben Cardin) is trying to push legislation in Congress that criminalizes US businesses from signing onto a boycott movement against Israel. 

The ACLU got him to take back some aspects of it but not all. 

Lawsuit filed:

A Texas educator says she was fired from her job working with speech-impaired elementary school students because she refused to sign a pledge of loyalty to Israel.

On Monday, The Intercept first reported, she sued the state and the school district that gave her the boot.

“Texas’s ban on contracting with any boycotter of Israel constitutes viewpoint discrimination that chills constitutionally-protected political advocacy in support of Palestine,” reads the lawsuit filed by children’s speech pathologist Bahia Amawi.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-elementary-school-speech-pathologist-lost-her-job-for-refusing-to-sign-pro-israel-oath?ref=scroll

Archived