Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2019 - D's take VA. Bevin takes L.

Cooked Crack

https://www.kentucky.com/news/politics-government/election/article237032524.html

Daniel Cameron elected Kentucky attorney general, says he will support GOP leaders

Kentucky voters on Tuesday picked as their next attorney general Daniel Cameron, a young protégé of U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell who pledged his unwavering support for the conservative policies of Gov. Matt Bevin, the GOP-led General Assembly and President Donald Trump, who endorsed him.

Cameron, a 33-year-old native of Hardin County, campaigned on his opposition to abortion, gun control and illegal immigration.

But he also vowed to break with the practice of outgoing Democratic Attorney General Andy Beshear, who sometimes challenged Bevin and the legislature in court and refused to defend certain laws — notably, abortion restrictions — when he believed they were unconstitutional. The role of the attorney general is to serve as Kentucky’s attorney, not to take sides, Cameron said.

“I won’t substitute my policy positions for the judgments of the legislature,” Cameron said.

“I think that’s one of the reasons people have been frustrated with the current (attorney general’s) office, is that they’ve decided to pick and choose which laws and which pieces of legislation they are going to defend. I’m going to make certain to defend them all,” he said.

Cameron defeated Greg Stumbo, 68, a former Democratic attorney general and Kentucky House speaker who was attempting a comeback after losing his legislative seat in 2016. Cameron battered Stumbo in a series of attack ads, including one that said Stumbo wants to help “illegals ... pour over the border” and sell “Mexican meth” on the streets of Kentucky.

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Mine too. I was there on Sunday. My first job was at Lowes Island before it was Trump National. 

The nextdoor page for Alognkian district has been lit over the past week. Some old grumpy GOPer kept posting the same whiny post about Juli Briskman being a bad role model for the children of the community and the mods kept deleting it. He then became convinced that the deep state was now suppressing his free speech and declared that America is finished. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/11/05/us/elections/results-kentucky-governor-general-election.html

Very close now at .3%  The counties seem to all be at 100% though.  I hope there aren't a lot of ballots coming in the next few days for Bevin....

Remaining races in VA are pretty close too.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/11/05/us/elections/results-virginia-general-elections.html

Archived