Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Redskins vs. Falcons

KDawg

1 hour ago, nor cal 11 said:

ya. sandy and i have seen it 100 times. he cant hit the brod side of a barn right now. open up the damn playbook and watch the dimes start rolling in. just saying.... seen it 100 times.

Oh, so we just need to open up the playbook to unlock the cheat codes for Alex, huh?  Somebody call Gruden and let him know.

8 hours ago, Morneblade said:

Shows what you know. Tampa, especially with Fitzmagic has the highest output offense in the league. They could hang 45 on us, easy.

And just how are we going to stop their passing attack?

Because he's been bad all season. We paid a ton to get him. And he's not playing remotely close to what we gave for him, in players, picks and salary.

If the Redskins had any semblance of an offense they could hang with anybody in the league.  Redskins offense is awful and yet still find it hard to pick against them in a do or die game @ Tampa.  Oh well.

1 hour ago, bobandweave said:

As a stat fan where did you get this one from? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/11/05/hail-or-fail-fade-worked-nothing-else-did-redskins-loss-falcons/?utm_term=.519a4aa7dd8b

You have to go back to 1971 to find the last time the Redskins accrued more penalty yards in a single game. Somewhat surprisingly, Washington blew out the Giants, 30-3, in that flag fest, despite racking up 178 yards on 15 penalties.

“I do not like penalties, but I would rather be aggressive and get penalties than not be aggressive and not get penalties,” Redskins Coach George Allen said after his team had more penalty yards than yards allowed (156) in a game that featured several skirmishes.

The Redskins were 2-0-1 in their previous three games when they committed at least 10 penalties dating back to October 2015, but their lack of discipline was too much to overcome against the Falcons.

Found it while posting in BHRBN.

That's a great place to go at times. Especially on dreadful days like these.

10 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Yep next week is a must win for sure.

Atlanta has an elite offensive team. They sort of embarassed our defense, which sort of proved that we aren't as good as we thought we were. Offensively we simply can't pass the ball as effectively as other teams, although I did like some of those throws by Smith. Harris was a nice surprise. 

Sort of??

12 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

I got free tickets to the game and I have no regrets about going even if they lost. I was very mad on the way back but I am calmer today. 

The thing is this team is not perfect. And nobody is. They have a lot to work and improve on. This team isn't bad. This team beat Carolina. Carolina is 6-2. This team also beat the Packers who are pretty good. And the Falcons are no pushover. 

I remember riding the train to the game. Falcons fan and someone else talking trash (one of the best parts of going to a Redskins game is the Metro banter) Falcons fan like "We need this win today" and it showed on the field. Falcons went right down the field first drive and sent a message. This team came to win. And Redskins didn't. 

Need to beat Tampa to keep the winning going. 

Thing is, the Bucs beat the Saints, IN New Orleans, and also the Eagles, and they're in the same situation we are, they need a win.

This is where the wheels begin to fall off, and it'll get worse from here on.

2 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Thing is, the Bucs beat the Saints, IN New Orleans, and also the Eagles, and they're in the same situation we are, they need a win.

This is where the wheels begin to fall off, and it'll get worse from here on.

True, with our OL situation the wheels may have already fallen off...IMO this is as crucial of a game as Jay has had...heck the Bucs may just have the better team... but they really haven't been the same since the Steelers...Bears killed em' and Panthers were destroying them...they barely beat the Browns...BIG game comin' up fo sho. HTTR!!

1 minute ago, Stefanskins said:

True, with our OL situation the wheels may have already fallen off...IMO this is as crucial of a game as Jay has had...heck the Bucs may just have the better team... but they really haven't been the same since the Steelers...Bears killed em' and Panthers were destroying them...they barely beat the Browns...BIG game comin' up fo sho. HTTR!!

The Bucs screwed up when they benched Fitzmagic for Winston, destroyed the good mojo.  But they will get their mojo back this weekend.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The Bucs screwed up when they benched Fitzmagic for Winston, destroyed the good mojo.  But they will get their mojo back this weekend.

he definitely has fitzmagic coming in for a few games, let's hope he's used it all up...because he usually kills us...

My new weekly tradition is to wait a day, after a win or loss, and re-watch the game via NFL Game rewind. No commentating, no commercials, just 30 mins of football.

Plain and simple, the defense lost this one for us. Falcons were 8-8 on 3rd downs in the first half. They scored a 50 yard TD right before half on a simple slant pattern. After half they marched right down the field and went up 28-7 and put the dagger in us. For as good as Manusky was over the past three games, he was equally bad here. I wonder how much of it was related to Clinton-Dix being new as he seemed to be a step behind everything.

Offensively, our first two drives were cut short by penalties and Doctson drops. We moved the ball until we faced adversity and crapped out. We're not winning any shootouts, we know that. We have so much invested in the DL that we need them to keep us in it, but they let us down. 

We jinxed ourselves last week. We talked about how this is a legitimately good team when healthy... Then we got absolutely murdered by the injury bug. Three season-enders and a handful of others. AP has been a magician, but I doubt that we'll be able to lean on our run game like we did without three starters, two of which are pro-bowlers.

Insult to injury, injury to insult, this game hurts all over. 

Archived