Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants fan here

Giants4EVER

Long time poster on BBI message board

Redskins fans, you have absolutely no worries tomorrow....none. If I were you, I'd plan a nice rib sticking early dinner, something like meatloaf and mashed or a good pot of sauce and pasta, and get yourself some nice stouts, and just take in the 4 PM games while you veg on the couch in celebration. 

Now I know there's the old term, "on any given Sunday" .....but NO.....if this game were played 100 times, the Redskins win 99.....no wait.....100 times.....trust me. While Saquon Barkley is probably one of the best RBs in football, and he may even score once or twice tomorrow, he's just not enough. Even if the Giants make it close, come within a score, or a few points, the mental weakness of this team combined with the lack of talent will ensure a victory for the Redskins. The Giants just KNOW they're going to lose. Eli Manning, while being insisted upon by ownership, is the biggest problem. He's afraid. If you watch him play, he's afraid of contact. He doesn't concentrate on the play, but rather when he's going to be hit, sans a good pocket at which point he can pick anybody apart. All the Redskins need is a little pressure, and Eli easily becomes a non-factor. 

Good luck to you you guys tomorrow, although you won't need it.....see you in a few years after the fire sale is over followed by another losing season in 2019....

22 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

:ols:

You clearly have not watched our team f up the games they should win.  Especially under Gruden.  My worry is that the coaching staff read your thread and are now game planning for the Iggles.

Why the Eagles? We don't play them for well over a month.

But yeah, a 2-13 Giants team beat the Redskins last year. They also beat a Chiefs team quarterbacked by Alex Smith.

I'm expecting an ugly, low-scoring game along the lines of last week for the Skins. Defense has been playing well and provides the opportunity for the Redskins to continue momentum, but wouldn't surprise me at all to see it go the other way too. 

Last night a Yankees fan texted me when the Sox went up 2 to 1 to congratulate me on their world series championship. 

He was doing the exact same thing you're doing right now.

Setting up a nothing to lose everything to gain situation. 

You're figuring if the skins win it'll be a "see I told ya" and if they lose you'll probably gloat endlessly because it wasn't supposed to happen. 

I just keep thinking about the Giants game vs. the Panthers where Carolina never could put them away, and needed a 63 yarder to win it. 

If we can run the ball, I think that's the game, but if for some reason we can't, and we have to rely on Smith to get us down the field, especially with no Crowder and possibly Thompson or Richardson, it could get uncomfortable.

2 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

:ols:

My worry is that the coaching staff read your thread and are now game planning for the Iggles.

Maybe that's this Giant fans' ulterior plan, and doesn't have kind motives after all !

11 minutes ago, Giants4EVER said:

Yes... perhaps one in the 12% abv range like this Russian one I am holding?

Well, now that he has the Russians in on his conspiracy, its a lot easier to meddle with the game results, and the mis-information campaign on the Redskin coaches.

2 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Maybe that's this Giant fans' ulterior plan, and doesn't have kind motives after all !

Well, now that he has the Russians in on his conspiracy, its a lot easier to meddle with the game results, and the mis-information campaign on the Redskin coaches.

This was a reply to the “stouts?” Comment. Not familiar with this board.

You guys really should relax a little more....Giants just got rid of their best run stuffer and a starting CB. The O line sucks. Giants are not winning this. Players on the field are making business decisions. The heart isnt there, the talent isnt there. Have fun tomorrow....

Just now, Giants4EVER said:

You guys really should relax a little more....Giants just got rid of their best run stuffer and a starting CB. The O line sucks. Giants are not winning this. Players on the field are making business decisions. The heart isnt there, the talent isnt there. Have fun tomorrow....

Had 2 replies to 2 different quotes, so I'm not sure which confused you. Let it go anyway, not worth explaining, it was just a weak joke.

As for the 2nd part of your post, I don't think there's any "state" of your team that would cause us to feel confident about this game.

Mainly because the last couple years, Giants beat the Skins when the NYG had absolutely nothing to play for, and for different reasons each time.

First, they beat us with their backups, because they rested a bunch of players as they had a playoff spot locked up at the time.

Then, as someone previously mentioned, I think they were 2-14 and at the end of the season, and again nothing to play for, and again with a depleted

team, this time due to injuries. And still beat us.

So this game is basically the same situation - a poor Giants team, with nothing to play for, with backups in a few spots.

That kind of team beat us before. Then throw in the fact that whether it's the Giants or any other team, we have a history of "playing down" to poor teams..

Everyone here already knows this, I'm just filling you in, so you'll better understand the responses you're getting.

@Giants4EVER

You’ll have to excuse the gang here, as the Giants have given the Redskins fits.    Not to mention, the Giants tend to get up for the Redskins no matter what’s going on for them.

That said, you are totally correct in that your team is in the tank.  There is no good reason to lose to the Giants tomorrow, all things considered.  While there is history that’s not on the Redskins side here, your team is worse off than anytime we’ve played them since I can remember.

I’m predicting AP runs for 150, the passing game doesn’t do much, but won’t need to.  I expect to pad sack numbers vs. Eli and goad him into a few picks. 

12 minutes ago, Giants4EVER said:

in fairness, we've seen this movie 3 times in the last 2 years.... almost an identical one regarding the Giants twice and the Panthers once.  We've lost the final game of the season to the Giants in consecutive seasons... including last season when you guys LITERALLY had NOTHING to play for.  We SHOULD beat you guys.  We have almost every matchup advantage, but games arent won on paper.  We're nervous, and rightfully so, because we've been here before.  

One thing that keeps getting lost on me is losing to the Giants week 17 last year.  

“The Giants has nothing to play for”

Neither did the Redskins.  That whole 8-8 is important shtick Gruden talked about leading up to the game was what he was supposed to say, but the players aren’t dumb.

I get going back to 2016 because there was actually something for the Skins to play for.  But last years week 17 was clearly two bad teams with nothing to play for, somebody had to win.

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Had 2 replies to 2 different quotes, so I'm not sure which confused you. Let it go anyway, not worth explaining, it was just a weak joke.

As for the 2nd part of your post, I don't think there's any "state" of your team that would cause us to feel confident about this game.

Mainly because the last couple years, Giants beat the Skins when the NYG had absolutely nothing to play for, and for different reasons each time.

First, they beat us with their backups, because they rested a bunch of players as they had a playoff spot locked up at the time.

Then, as someone previously mentioned, I think they were 2-14 and at the end of the season, and again nothing to play for, and again with a depleted

team, this time due to injuries. And still beat us.

So this game is basically the same situation - a poor Giants team, with nothing to play for, with backups in a few spots.

That kind of team beat us before. Then throw in the fact that whether it's the Giants or any other team, we have a history of "playing down" to poor teams..

Everyone here already knows this, I'm just filling you in, so you'll better understand the responses you're getting.

Yes. Thats true. So maybe be a tad worried but honestly i dont see a Giants win happening  

@Giants4EVER another thing to keep in mind is NYG are not nearly as bad as their record.

They've played many close games, including some close games against good teams.

Yes, they're lost key players, but that won't necessarily be a difference-maker, because teams

lose multiple players a lot (usually due to injury) but still find a way to win.

So, if the replacements for the players you lost are anything close to the ones they replaced,

we just might see another NYG game that fights and keeps it close, like they have been.

14 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Take a picture of yourself wearing one of your Eli Manning jerseys and holding up today's newspaper.  Until then I'm going with "troll".

Newspapers? Who gets newspapers nowadays. I am in the car on my way to AC. No manning jersey possible but here - 

FFCF2E59-2A82-449E-BA24-998E27691E2D.jpeg

Archived