Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants fan here

Giants4EVER

Want to point out one thing... in the Gruden era the Redskins have actually been quite good at beating middling to lesser teams. Not sure where this “we always lose when we should win thing” comes from..... that was a Norv thing and happened a couple of times in Gibbs II as well, but really hasn’t been a recent problem at all. Of course you will find exceptions and examples but no team has a 100% rate in games they “should” win. 

And while the 2016 finale was a VERY bad loss and I consider it a black mark for both Jay and Kirk, the Giants did NOT tank that game. They didn’t have anything to play for but they DID play most of their guys including their QB. And teams typically don’t take the field and not try. Meaning the 2016 Giants were a playoff team; I guess a lot of people expected them to come out and just let us win but I didn’t. Sometimes the “no motivation” actually helps you relax... sort of how like we destroyed Dallas in the 2015 finale even though we had nothing on the line. That “let er rip” mentality can actually help a team. 

2 minutes ago, kleese said:

Want to point out one thing... in the Gruden era the Redskins have actually been quite good at beating middling to lesser teams. Not sure where this “we always lose when we should win thing” comes from..... that was a Norv thing and happened a couple of times in Gibbs II as well, but really hasn’t been a recent problem at all. Of course you will find exceptions and examples but no team has a 100% rate in games they “should” win. 

I don't know if I agree with that... We have a tendency to play down to an opponent, and when we need a game the most, come out flat.  We had a good run in 2015 to win the Division, but outside of that and one other 4 gamer in 2016, we rarely win back to back, let alone string together a few in a row.  We also have played a few clunkers of games we 'should' have dominated.  NYG, Arizona, Detroit, Cincy and Carolina were all games we "SHOULD" have won in 16.  

9 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

I don't know if I agree with that... We have a tendency to play down to an opponent, and when we need a game the most, come out flat.  We had a good run in 2015 to win the Division, but outside of that and one other 4 gamer in 2016, we rarely win back to back, let alone string together a few in a row.  We also have played a few clunkers of games we 'should' have dominated.  NYG, Arizona, Detroit, Cincy and Carolina were all games we "SHOULD" have won in 16.  

Agree, and I would also put the Dallas game at FedEx in 2015 as a Norv-like one.  And I know that we had long been knocked out of the playoffs last season, but losing to the 2-13 Giants in the finale was just embarrassing.

I'm not looking for even a dominating win tomorrow like the Eagles had when they went up there a few weeks ago.  I just want the Redskins to have more points on the scoreboard than the Giants when the clock reaches 0:00 at the end of the 4th quarter. 

Kleese is still scarred from all those god-awful games against the Cardinals in the 90s (and 2000!)

10 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

We did beat Cleveland, Minnesota , Philly twice, and Chicago.

5 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

You put

Cleveland 

Minnesota 

Philly

Philly

Chicago

I'm no longer in front of a computer to check their numbers, but if you want to lump balt in there too, fine... winning 6 out of 11 favorable matchups is still not acceptable. 

I guess we would have to agree first on how many were favorable matchups.

2 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

You put

Cleveland 

Minnesota 

Philly

Philly

Chicago

I'm no longer in front of a computer to check their numbers, but if you want to lump balt in there too, fine... winning 6 out of 11 favorable matchups is still not acceptable. 

6 out of 11 would be a 6-5 record. One game over .500. We should be happy it’s not a losing record :P 

This game looks like it should be an easy win for the Redskins.  The Giants sent a clear message that they are not trying to win this season when they traded away two starters this week.  However, I was shocked to see that Vegas opened the game as a toss up.  I think the Skins are a one point favorite currently.  As bad as the Giants have been, it only takes a couple big plays to force the Redskins to have to score TDs... and the Giants have some players that can score from anywhere on the field.  I don't think the Skins can stack the box as much as they did against Dallas, mostly because of OBJ.  I expect the Skins to win this one, but they need to start strong and play with a lead.  It would also help if Norman triggers an OBJ meltdown.

6 hours ago, OVCChairman said:

If we win those games, we are 13-3 that year. You really think that’s what we “should” have been? 

I know absolutely nothing about twitter, but why does this sound like it was taken from ' Reverse Psychology 101 ' ?

This is the mentality that I HOPE the Redskins don't have!

This is the exact reason why my prediction thread says 'Meltdown in Met Life Stadium', because of some people saying the Giants have given up, they're already on vacation, they're tanking, they're having a fire sale, their dog died and their wife left with the only Cowboys fan in NY.

Sorry, I know the difference between **** and wild honey, and I don't like the aroma of this game one bit. What worries me the most is the Redskins even getting the slightest hint of the faintest whiff of the Giants not caring about the game and them walking into Met Life stadium and getting abused, because Redskin fans have seen this song-n-dance numerous times before, and Gruden will have no idea on what to do until the game is out of control.

This game, like every other game, should be treated like a playoff game, because the moment the Redskins get comfortable, they will relax and get taken behind the woodshed. Bank on it.

Archived