Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Post-game Apathy Thread

Burgundy Yoda

7 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

After looking at the schedule, at this point I only feel slightly comfortable that we might win 3 more games. I think we can beat the Titans, and might be able to get a game from the Giants and Cowboys. After that, I think any more wins is a stretch. And that's if AP is healthy.

We're definitely winning more than 5 games, that would be an abomination of a season. Fire everyone and trade all vets that dont give a damn about winning 

Lbs covering slot WR in man and responsible for deep seams in zone.

- Saints and Brees were able to put guys in motion and line Thomas up in the slot to show coverage and get our LBs responsible for the slot. How did our bye week prep not account for this? Brown and Foster are not cover LBs at all. To ahve them consistently be responsible for man on a guy like Thomas or covering a deep seam is ridiculous.

Our own motion:

- has anyone noticed us putting guys in motion just to see how the D shifts? We do some pre snap motion right before we hike the ball but i dont remember seeing a lot of chess match move crowder or reed pre snap just to give Alex an idea of coverage.

Reed:

- another poster mentioned in the gameday thread, when we werent getting Reed invovled, to run the play where Reed is split out wide and alone, if he gets 1 on 1 matchup let Reed do like a choice route basketball move, break the defenders ankle. Like we used to do. If they double reed, then you know to go to the other side. We used to do this and other iso stuff. Im guessing and hoping that only 4 games in, we are still installing stuff and getting things ironed out. 

Yeah, consider me apathetic. Even after the GB game I didn't get excited, I hardly posted here during the bye week. I've seen Alex Smith not win SB's with much better talent around him and much better coaching--what is there to believe in? Gruden/Smith are unappetizing. 

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We're definitely winning more than 5 games, that would be an abomination of a season. Fire everyone and trade all vets that dont give a damn about winning 

Look at the schedule and tell me what games we have a reasonable chance of winning.  We've already go through the cupcake part of the schedule.

The fire I've carried for 50+ years gets more quelled every year.  I am not as pissed off after a loss or elated after a victory.  Sadly, I echo ConnSKINS26's thoughts almost verbatim.  It is kind of a Groundhog Day feeling to me and the coach, owner, and our overall state as an organization leave me empty, for lack of a better description.  I cannot ever change the team I love, as badly as I wish I could, but the relationship has lost all luster at this point.  Hopefully we can get a new spark, in some way, form, or fashion, that will rekindle the romance...but I am weary of holding my breath.  Hail

The colts are a decent team decimated by injuries.  They still had Hilton, Doyle, etc when they played us.

The NY Browns, on the other hand are healthy.  Even have their "stars" in the poodle, manning and Barklay.  But outside of barkley, they cant do anything.  Why?  the poodle is over rated and manning has no line.  Their defense STINKS.  They might be the worst team in the league.  The only thing entertaining about watching them is to see what fight the poodle gets into and loses against some inanimate object on the sideline. 

36 minutes ago, hatchetwound said:

Their defense STINKS.  They might be the worst 

They’ve actually looked okay early on in games I’ve watched, but then the offense does literally nothing and they all fall apart.  I’d imagine if they can ever get the passing game going, and put up some points, it might instill some confidence in their D.

I’d say we should be so lucky that we aren’t them, but most likely they will be drafting very high again and get to grab the best QB avail.  

someone please correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the dog and pony show for brees premature? I mean if he had thrown a INT his next pass attempt, wouldn't those yards have been deducted from his passing yard totals? And if he was hurt and had to come out of the game after that he theoretically may not have the record. 

I don't think yards returned after interceptions count against a QBs gross passing yards, nor do I believe sacks do (although box scores of games subtract sack yardage from passing yardage for net team passing yardage). I think the only way Brees could've lost passing yardage after breaking the record is if he passed the ball to a receiver who wound up running backwards and got tackled behind the LOS. 

Archived