Extremeskins

Booing - at the Stadium

bedlamVR

Is it OK to boo the team - in the Stadium   

107 members have voted

1. 1. Should Fans Boo the team ?

• Yes Its our right to Boo - the team should be better
    • No - If your not happy leave - Fans should support the team

They lay an egg against a subpar Colts team and expect to be coddled?? Bunch of professional sissies. I'd be supportive if they were coming off a Super Bowl or a conference title or even a playoff appearance but they played a punting game with a crappy team and expected paying customers to cheer a crap product. Tell CT to pass whatever he's smoking. For his sake, I'm glad he never played for Philly otherwise he'd be popping depression pills. How about next time instead of concentrating on the boo's go out and execute the game plan against a lesser opponent.

I keep seeing people throw out the $100 ticket price but that’s off.  When I checked on prices through the Redskins, it was $130 to sit up top plus about $35 in fees.  That’s $165 each ticket for a bad seat plus parking and concessions.  What I think was missing was the demographic that waits until the morning of and pays next to nothing for tix on sites like StubHub.

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I keep seeing people throw out the $100 ticket price but that’s off.  When I checked on prices through the Redskins, it was $130 to sit up top plus about $35 in fees.  That’s $165 each ticket for a bad seat plus parking and concessions.  What I think was missing was the demographic that waits until the morning of and pays next to nothing for tix on sites like StubHub.

The number that's been thrown around for a family of four to go to a game is $575, which actually seems low to me.

For $575, you can buy a pretty damn good tv and have money left to order pizza.

2 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The number that's been thrown around for a family of four to go to a game is $575, which actually seems low to me.

For $575, you can buy a pretty damn good tv and have money left to order pizza.

Thats probably about right.  I just did 4 tix to the Packers game.  Upper level corner, 21 rows up.  $95 face value each with fees is 452.95.  Add in parking and hot dog and drink for each person and you’ve easily hit $575.  

5 hours ago, drowland said:

Booing,that's what people are worried about?  Booing at least means fans care and the boos can be turned to cheers pretty quickly.

The real problem is 30K or so empty seats.  That shows apathy is setting in with this fan base.  That's a major problem.

Right?  Who cares if both people there in burgundy and gold boo?  It's great to be loved, hard to be hated, but devastating to not be thought of at all.  Every empty seat is worse than a thousand boos.  At least those people showed up.  I stopped going altogether for the most part because it just wasn't worth the aggravation.

And remember that those of us who did/do boo don't actually go to the game to boo.  We go to have a great time and watch a great team have a great game.  We *WANT* to not have a reason to boo.

Same thing I tell my clients:  Don't try to stop doing something; do something else.  Get us to cheer so that we won't be able to boo.

I'm a huge Chris Thompson fan but he is wrong here.  AS FANS WE ARE REDSKINS FOR LIFE, Chris and other players are Redskins now but that ends when they are no longer on the team.  We care about this team more than the players do.  But whether we boo or cheer the players we still support them.  If the team is playing half ass uninspired football then we have a right to call you out and let you know we can see it. Just fight hard every play of every game.  I won't boo if you lose, they could lose every game and I wouldn't boo them as long as they fought like hell each game.     

I can't say I've ever been to a home game so I won't comment on that particular experience. However, I have seen the team play at a couple of boarder cities. Some games we've won & some we've lost. Of the games we won, I heard lots of the other teams fans booing. & rightfully so. We were kicking their ass.

Maybe I'm missing something here but I don't understand what the difference is between some other teams fans booing their team at home when they play poorly & our fans doing the same.

HTTR!!!

Archived