Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread

Simmsy

Just now, GhostofSparta said:

In reality? No.

In the NFL this year? Probably.

I mean, if he grabbed him by the knees, maybe, but he grabbed his feet. I'm with you, this is insane.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

It helps to have legitimate NFL WRs

I don't remember that being a strength even with djax and garcon. I don't think he's getting better at that, that fake was nice

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't remember that being a strength even with djax and garcon. I don't think he's getting better at that, that fake was nice

Jackson and Garcon aren't big enough to be viable fade threats. And Doctson and Pryor were trash last year.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I mean, if he grabbed him by the knees, maybe, but he grabbed his feet. I'm with you, this is insane.

Matt Ioannidis figured it out. Overpower the O-linemen, then throw them like ragdolls into their own QB for the sack. You only touch him once he's already down, no penalty.

1 minute ago, Tsailand said:

So the real question is why we kept having Kirk try the fade when we had nobody who could catch fades?  ?

Torn, I think Jay wanted him to get better at it.  Jay turned him into franchise qb, but it took some time.  It's not like Cousins never hit a fade, but his accuracy was bad and not really have good receivers with height to win those.  But you didn't need 6" 5 receivers to do fades, its just easier 

1 minute ago, Tsailand said:

Hey haters, so when Graham Gano lined up to kick a 63 yard FG to beat the Giants earlier, you were all rooting against him, right?  Because he's an ex-Redskin?

So happy the giants lost.

Pissed that gano got the game-winning kick, dammit.

Problem with that? ;)

2 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Hey haters, so when Graham Gano lined up to kick a 63 yard FG to beat the Giants earlier, you were all rooting against him, right?  Because he's an ex-Redskin?

No, only ex-skins I dislike are guys that don't want to be redskins.  He wasn't consistent enough, I was happy for him in that one, but he's enemy next week

2 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Are you joking? Even if you have kicker hate why would you want the Giants to win?

4 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Yeah, I'm going to say more people here are happy that the Giants lost on such a kick than upset that Gano nailed an amazing game-winner against on NCFE opponent.

I don't think most people who are rooting against Cousins in general will hold the same vitriol when he's playing the Eagles/Giants/Cowboys.

I just saw the roughing call in the Vikes game, WOW, terrible call, he makes contact with the thigh pads first and slides down because of gravity.

Another bailout for the Vikes, would have been 3rd and 14.

I was just about to say I've seen very few of those calls since the committee got together after that Vikes/Rams game.

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

But they are high point WRs that go up and get the ball. Garçon and Jackson weren’t 

and the TD pass to Theilen was a corner route not a fade anyway 

You mean like they can jump?  I always didn't like the fade because Cousins was inaccurate on them most times, I don't believe the we mattered, but I don't believe hell never get consistently good at it.

2 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

Yeah, I'm going to say more people here are happy that the Giants lost on such a kick than upset that Gano nailed an amazing game-winner against on NCFE opponent.

I don't think most people who are rooting against Cousins in general will hold the same vitriol when he's playing the Eagles/Giants/Cowboys.

Maybe that should be a thread, most times I've seen us get made a out a specific ex-skin it was for a reason specific to that player. 

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You mean like they can jump?  I always didn't like the fade because Cousins was inaccurate on them most times, I don't believe the we mattered, but I don't believe hell never get consistently good at it.

Well yeah, both of them high point the ball in the air often, see Diggs game winner against the saints. Garçon rarely did that and DJax never did. Reed does it tho which is why we threw a lot of fades to him. 

The fade is a crappy low percentage pass tho imo. I hate when we throw it regardless of the WR

Archived