Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three little Birds thread, It's gonna be aight. Good ju-ju thread

SWFLSkins

I know it is week one - 

And I also know we will come across bigger challenges than the Cardinals whos primary focus was on establishing the run but a number of posters and a number of the local beat guys have been down on what is a very young secondary - but I think they did a very good job in the game plan. Dunbar especially seemed to stand out as did Moreau - i particularly liked the adjustment he made that appeared to lead to to the interception . Even Apke had a key tackle on the big punt return.... 

Just want to keep the good vibes coming 

13 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Giants and Cowboys lost and we finally won an opener.  I'd say it was a good day at the office.

And if Bortles was any type of a NFL QB the Eagles would have lost also

Now you want to add negativity that turned positive?  yesterday just when the 2nd half was about to start my power goes off.  Seriously.  If we are going to get a W may the power go off for the rest of our games.  :)

Apparently, everything is gonna be alright. According to PFF we currently got the #1 DE, the #1 CB and the #1 LB. Ioannidis got a game grade of 92.2, Zach Brown graded out as 90.7 and Dunbar as 92.3. Not only elite grades for all of them but actually the highest at their respective positions. On top of that, Jonathan Allen graded out at 85.4, which is good for #7 in the league.

Saw this and I thought this would be a good place for it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2018/09/11/why-alex-smith-is-a-perfect-fit-for-the-redskins-offense/?utm_term=.ca0d19e4e7d4

Why Alex Smith is a perfect fit for the Redskins’ offense

"The term “game manager” gets thrown around the NFL as a disparaging description for quarterbacks who aren’t blessed with being Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady. However, there are many examples of the qualities possessed by QBs given that label — taking care of the football, putting more emphasis on shorter passes than deep ones — being a blueprint for success. After a season-opening win over the Cardinals, this appears to be the case for Alex Smith and the Redskins.

Smith has always been one of the most conservative passers in the league, but the benefit of that is that he puts the ball in harm’s way less often than almost any other quarterback, which gives you a great platform to win games if the rest of the roster is up to the task."

Archived