Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Three little Birds thread, It's gonna be aight. Good ju-ju thread

SWFLSkins

Day before game day eh...crickets??...c'mon now folks I'm out here delivering milk keeping this page refreshed...glad to see they got us pinned at competing for the first round pic next year..right where I wanna see us..ya see that skins?!?!...use that for fuel to go out and whoop the **** out of the iggles!!..GO SKINS!!

I’m really looking forward to seeing our young guys out there.  I think the inexperience will cause some issues (particularly early in the season), but I believe in the talent of a lot of these guys.  

Kind of amazing how many guys we have that are projected to start or rotate in that are 1st, 2nd or 3rd year players.  

If I have it right (I usually don’t):

4 dlinemen, 3 OLBs (I suppose McKinzy will be inactive though), 3 ILBs (SDH or Holcomb will start and JHC probably rotates in), 3 corners, 1 back, 4 receivers, and our center and 3rd TE.  

Bringing it on back to the first page...

Want to get yourself pumped for Redskins football but can't because those surrounding you...

Listen to Bullet For My Valentine, tears dont fall while watching Redskins highlights...Hail to the ****ing Redskins ****es!!!..Beat dallass!!

C'mon now..no one else see the possibilities on the offense..till the skins are written off..absurd to talk like this going into week 2..week 2..

Keep the good juju goin folks..where ya at swflskins?..stefanskins?..cali fan? c'mon man...I still say if ya(not saying you cali fan,swflskins, stefanskins)claim to be a Redskins fan ya gotta be in or out..let's go skins beat the cowboys ass Sunday!!

We're missing Trent Williams, but Penn and (shock) Flowers were adequate enough to not have Keenum constantly running for his life.

We're missing Jordan Reed, but pretty much all the pass catchers from last week are playing this week, will have yet another week's worth of practice and work with Keenum under their belts, Richardson made one ferocious TD catch that was overruled but maybe was indeed a TD, McLaurin got wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open behind the Eagles' secondary--TWICE--and only an overthrown pass kept him from hitting 200 yds and 2 TDs, and Peterson might actually resuscitate the running game to the point that the Cowboys defense will have to play the run honestly. The offense might actually perform better this week than it did last week...

27 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

We're missing Trent Williams, but Penn and (shock) Flowers were adequate enough to not have Keenum constantly running for his life.

We're missing Jordan Reed, but pretty much all the pass catchers from last week are playing this week, will have yet another week's worth of practice and work with Keenum under their belts, Richardson made one ferocious TD catch that was overruled but maybe was indeed a TD, McLaurin got wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide open behind the Eagles' secondary--TWICE--and only an overthrown pass kept him from hitting 200 yds and 2 TDs, and Peterson might actually resuscitate the running game to the point that the Cowboys defense will have to play the run honestly. The offense might actually perform better this week than it did last week...

Yeah I had to take a couple days to process that painful loss but once I did I came away more encouraged than I was going into the game. 

What we found out:

-Our rookie class is ridiculous. 

-We can actually throw the football this year with receivers that can actually get open. Shades of 2016-2017 with Kirk and co. as @Skinsinparadise mentioned somewhere.

- Ereck Flowers not only wasn’t horrible, but actually looked pretty darn good.

-This goes back to point one, but McLaurin and Holcomb might already be some of our best players, not just rookies. THAT is how you draft and turn a team into a contender quick. 

- The defense can absolutely play very well as a unit, they proved it first half. Need to clean up that second half but I will not ignore what I saw in the first.

All in all, doesn’t really swing me record wise. But I do agree that the future is bright with Mr Haskins as the major catalyst for that. This draft could be franchise altering.

16 hours ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Yeah I had to take a couple days to process that painful loss but once I did I came away more encouraged than I was going into the game. 

What we found out:

-Our rookie class is ridiculous. 

-We can actually throw the football this year with receivers that can actually get open. Shades of 2016-2017 with Kirk and co. as @Skinsinparadise mentioned somewhere.

- Ereck Flowers not only wasn’t horrible, but actually looked pretty darn good.

-This goes back to point one, but McLaurin and Holcomb might already be some of our best players, not just rookies. THAT is how you draft and turn a team into a contender quick. 

- The defense can absolutely play very well as a unit, they proved it first half. Need to clean up that second half but I will not ignore what I saw in the first.

All in all, doesn’t really swing me record wise. But I do agree that the future is bright with Mr Haskins as the major catalyst for that. This draft could be franchise altering.

The Eagles game to me is a weird one to process but I feel more upbeat about it than downbeat.   i thought this team would have a really good defense and a really good running game and a mediocre passing game.  I hedged a little on the passing game saying if Keenum can rediscover his 2017 form it might be good.  And I've been one of the bigger fans of the younger receivers we got. 

On Sunday, Keenum was even better than his 2017 form.  He was surprisingly really good.  I wasn't surprised about the young receivers.  But if you have Keenum playing anywhere near what he did last Sunday for the rest of the season then they can have a really good passing team.   Shades of 2015-2016. And if the defense plays like they should and ditto the running game, this could be a 10-6 team or maybe better.  That's my most optimistic take.

My pessimistic take is are we overrating the defense again?  Before last season I thought it was decent but over hyped leading into it.   That alas turned out to be correct.  They ended up middle of the pack.  And the defense was remarkably healthy.  Yeah the offense put them in bad spots.  But in some games they just got destroyed.  I bought fully into the defense this time leading into this season.  But Sunday struck me shades of 2018 where a good offense can just tear them apart.    I think the running game will be fine.  And I still think the defense will bounce back but I admit I now have some skepticism about it.  And now we got the injuries starting to pile in.

It's weird to say perhaps this early in the season but I think tomorrow might be a tipping point type of game for better or worse.  If they win I think it can propel the season.  On the aggregate they put up a good fight against Philly so a follow up win from that I think would jolt the team and fan base.  However, if they lose I think it can get ugly fast especially with the backdrop of Cowboy fans invading the stadium.  Having said that they did ironically open up the season in 2016 with two loses including one at home to Dallas and then won 4 in a row.  But I think the noise will be much louder this time if they start 0-2.  I picked the Redskins to win this one but I admit I feel better about their chances next week versus the Bears.   Once they get through the Patriots game, their schedule has a run of about 7 games or so that are winnable IMO. 

Going back to the positive, I've been rewatching the Eagles game via coaches tape and its really fun to see how Jay is using McLaurin and Richardson to occupy the free safety and open things up underneath.  Having that type of speed on the perimeter especially coming from both the right and left side puts pressures on defenses and its fun to watch how they mess with the opposing defense.  And that's without Jordan Reed who can exploit the middle.  I know its in vogue post Sunday's loss for some to peg Jay as a moron -- but I disagree (he's got weaknesses but he's not a lost puppy IMO as some make him out to be), I think the dude is a wizard with play design.  It doesn't seem outlandish to me that Jay can bring out the best out of Keenum.   

• 2 weeks later...

Terry Mclaurin just scored. My initial positive takeaway was the CT run out of the gun in a spread offense.  Imagine Haskins back there with TMAC, Quinn, and Harmon and Love the scat back.

The crictism Gruden has with AP is his running style.(which I appreciate) However a spread offense with the more natural speed and ellusiveness of Love is something to look forward to.  We should rush more out of the gun.

When we line up under center we always run w/ a few PA pops in between. 

It was a long hard day delivering milk so I lay here getting comatose thinking about the game tommorow.

To all those that suffer the same disease as I do, cheers!!!..hope yall have a good time doing whatever it is you're doing and enjoy the time with the ones your with..I'm looking forward to chilling with the folks tommorow..looks like it could be an all day thing..after the skins game my wife will show up after work with the kiddos to watch her bears game...ahhhh football and family!!!...

Go Redskins, beat some giants ass!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wasn’t sure where to put this, but I’ve gotta assume teams are going to start focusing on bracketing McLaurin, which means I’d really like to see Richardson and Quinn step it up.  On a related note, I hope we see Hentges (or whatever his name is) in the pass game in the coming weeks.  Would be great if he flashed potential as a solid TE for us.  

Archived