Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

Nikki Haley breaks with Trump: 'We shouldn't have followed him'

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley issued stunning remarks breaking with former President Trump, telling Politico in an interview published Friday that she believes he “let us down.” 

“We need to acknowledge he let us down,” Haley, who served in her ambassador role under Trump, said. “He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again.”

Haley’s remarks are her strongest yet against the former president in the aftermath of the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and come as Trump's legal team is set to present its defense of Trump on Friday in his second Senate impeachment trial.

The House impeached the former president for a second time shortly after the insurrection, saying his unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud following his election loss to President Biden and his comments earlier that day incited the mob that stormed the Capitol.

The former South Carolina governor told Politico that she has not spoken with Trump since the mob attack, further expressing her disappointment with remarks he gave at a rally ahead of the assault condemning his own vice president, Mike Pence.

“When I tell you I’m angry, it’s an understatement,” Haley said. “I am so disappointed in the fact that [despite] the loyalty and friendship he had with Mike Pence, that he would do that to him. Like, I’m disgusted by it.”

Haley said that the president "believes he is following" his oath of office by challenging the election results, adding, "There’s nothing that you’re ever going to do that’s going to make him feel like he legitimately lost the election." 

"He’s got a big bully pulpit. He should be responsible with it," she said. 

Haley in the days immediately following the attack said in a speech to Republican National Committee (RNC) members that Trump was “badly wrong with his words” at his Jan. 6 rally. 

"And it wasn’t just his words," she added at the time. "His actions since Election Day will be judged harshly by history."

Haley said in Friday's Politico interview that when she gave the RNC address, she "was not expecting a whole bunch of love from that speech."

“I know how much people love Donald Trump. I know it. I feel it," she continued. "Whether it’s an RNC room or social media or talking to donors, I can tell you that the love they have for him is still very strong. That’s not going to just fall to the wayside.”

Click on the link for the full article

24 minutes ago, China said:

Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley issued stunning remarks breaking with former President Trump, telling Politico in an interview published Friday that she believes he “let us down.” 

“We need to acknowledge he let us down,” Haley, who served in her ambassador role under Trump, said. “He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again.”

The path he led us down that we shouldn't have gone?  

He lost. 

If he'd won, he'd still be more holy than Christ. (And she would still be wearing her priestess robe.)

• Like 2

Two People Arrested on Gun Charges Outside White House; No Danger to President

Two people, one of whom said they were there to meet with the president, approached U.S. Secret Service officers outside the White House Saturday and were arrested after admitting to having weapons, according to the Metropolitan Police Department and the Secret Service.

The Secret Service said that "during the course of the encounter and subsequent arrests, the individuals posed no immediate danger to any Secret Service protectee.”

At approximately 5:24 p.m., police said a man and a woman approached Secret Service officers "on their own accord" outside of a secured vehicle checkpoint of the White House complex past the western-most crosswalk of 15th Street at Pennsylvania Avenue NW.

One person said "they were there to meet with the President of the United States and had a letter to deliver to him," police said.

"One of the individuals disclosed the possession of a weapon and was immediately detained and the second individual disclosed the location of an additional weapon in a vehicle nearby," a Secret Service spokesperson said.

Click on the link for the full article

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Because he believed the claims of voter fraud, and now he's decided it was the claims that were fraud?  

Or because he thought he was paying for a fake study that would say what they were told to say, and they didn't?  

On 2/14/2021 at 6:31 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Indiana Republican Slammed For ‘Inciting Violence’ a Day After Trump’s Acquittal

Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita, a Republican, is being dragged around social media after implying in a Valentine’s Day-themed tweet that 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump. Twitter responded by blocking replies, retweets and likes, saying the tweet may spur violence.

Rokita, one of Donald Trump’s most ardent defenders, published a meme on his personal account with floating red hearts and the text “You stole my heart like a 2020 election.” Below the text is a cartoon-like portrait of Donald Trump.

The social media giant slapped a banner at the bottom of the tweet saying that the meme contains a disputed claim of election fraud, and that it can’t be responded to “due to a risk of violence.”

Indiana Democrats responded to Rokita’s tweet Monday morning with their own. They described the state’s top lawyer as “one very, very sad individual.”

“It once again proves how the (Indiana GOP) would rather swear allegiance to one person rather than our nation and our values,” the tweet said.

Click on the link for the full article and more responses

Trump Hotel Employees Reveal What It Was Really Like Catering to the Right Wing Elite

Four years' worth of stories about VIP visits and grooming protocols, palm-greasing, rotten vegetables, and that time they lost Steve Mnuchin’s coat.

Everyone knew Table 72 belonged to the President. The round booth in the middle of the Trump Hotel’s mezzanine was impossible to miss. It didn’t matter how many Congress members were clamoring for a reservation at the steakhouse or whether some tourist tried to slip a manager some cash (which they definitely did). No one sat at Trump’s table except the President, his children, and, occasionally, an approved member of his inner circle like Rudy Giuliani or Mike Pence.

In practical terms, the restaurant wanted to avoid the horror of turning away the leader of the free world if he happened to show up on a whim. But the seat also developed a kind of mystique. Sure, it may now be a relic in an underperforming venue. But for those four epic years, it was a carefully curated prop in the Trump Show.

And when the star appeared, you had to stick to the script. A “Standard Operating Procedure” document, recently obtained by Washingtonian, outlined step by step exactly what to do and what to say anytime Trump dined at BLT Prime, the hotel restaurant.

As soon as Trump was seated, the server had to “discreetly present” a mini bottle of Purell hand sanitizer. (This applied long before Covid, mind you.) Next, cue dialogue: “Good (time of day) Mr. President. Would you like your Diet Coke with or without ice?” the server was instructed to recite. A polished tray with chilled bottles and highball glasses was already prepared for either response. Directions for pouring the soda were detailed in a process no fewer than seven steps long—and illustrated with four photo exhibits. The beverage had to be opened in front of the germophobe commander in chief, “never beforehand.” The server was to hold a longneck-bottle opener by the lower third of the handle in one hand and the Diet Coke, also by the lower third, in the other. Once poured, the drink had to be placed at the President’s right-hand side. “Repeat until POTUS departs.”

Click on the link for more

There is so much goodness in that article on Trump's Hotel.

A micro-green supplier that Matijevich had previously worked with ditched him, saying it couldn’t deliver to the hotel in good conscience. Williamson, who joined BLT in early 2018 and worked there two years, found that food purveyors with whom he’d had great relationships were suddenly sending him rotten produce and subpar cuts of meat and fish. “I had to double- and triple-check a lot of this product,” says Williamson, who now operates a boutique butcher shop in Mount Pleasant. “I guarantee someone in that warehouse picking this product saw where it was going and was like, ‘Oh, f— it, give ’em this stuff.’ ”

At a certain point, the disdain became too much even for one manager who was pro-Trump and loved the job. “We work every day—10, 12 hours—to make people happy with great food, and we have no [dining] coverage,” he says. When he took a break on the hotel terrace, joggers would give him the finger. One time, he says, he wore his uniform on the Metro to work and fellow passengers yelled at him, “Shame on you! How can you work for a person like that? You’re a racist!” He never commuted in uniform again. Eventually, he just didn’t want to deal with the harassment anymore. He left.

Great job DC!  

• Like 1