Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Panthers for sale at end of season

bh32

14 hours ago, Redskin4ever said:

I'm guessing he is hoping to get out before all of the claims against him are made public. I don't know how much is in them and if they are to the level of some of the other scandals we have seen. But there must be something in them he is hoping isn't made public. 

Multiple sexual harassment claims that he settled with the victims and had them sign non-disclosure and non-disparaging clauses for.  Also he made racist comments, one to a minority scout that is no longer with the team.  I stated in the sexual harassment thread in the tailgate that I think there are a few reasons he went ahead and announced that he was selling the team:

1.  With all the celebs and people of power getting exposed for sexual harassment, etc. and the racist comments, he knew that disgusting behavior wasn't going to go unpunished and just said screw it on trying to fight it.

2.  His health, he is 81 years old, had a heart transplant back in 2009.  Probably didn't want to go through the stress of fighting this and potentially making his health worse (think of what happened to Joe Pa with the Penn State cover-up).  

3.  Possibly the main reason, POWER.  He announces that he is selling the team at the end of the season right after news leaked of the investigation is his decision.  His choice.  Nobody from the league or the other owners forced this decision (think Donald Sterling w/Clippers), it was his own.  People in power like this always have to be in power, make their own choices, etc.  Doesn't matter that if this information had not been made public, he probably never sells the team until he's almost dead.  

Also, Colin Kap wants in with Diddy to buy the team.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/12/17/diddy-wants-to-buy-the-panthers-and-sign-colin-kaepernick/?utm_term=.11bfc7234b78

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Multiple sexual harassment claims that he settled with the victims and had them sign non-disclosure and non-disparaging clauses for.  Also he made racist comments, one to a minority scout that is no longer with the team.  I stated in the sexual harassment thread in the tailgate that I think there are a few reasons he went ahead and announced that he was selling the team:

1.  With all the celebs and people of power getting exposed for sexual harassment, etc. and the racist comments, he knew that disgusting behavior wasn't going to go unpunished and just said screw it on trying to fight it.

2.  His health, he is 81 years old, had a heart transplant back in 2009.  Probably didn't want to go through the stress of fighting this and potentially making his health worse (think of what happened to Joe Pa with the Penn State cover-up).  

3.  Possibly the main reason, POWER.  He announces that he is selling the team at the end of the season right after news leaked of the investigation is his decision.  His choice.  Nobody from the league or the other owners forced this decision (think Donald Sterling w/Clippers), it was his own.  People in power like this always have to be in power, make their own choices, etc.  Doesn't matter that if this information had not been made public, he probably never sells the team until he's almost dead.  

Also, Colin Kap wants in with Diddy to buy the team.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/12/17/diddy-wants-to-buy-the-panthers-and-sign-colin-kaepernick/?utm_term=.11bfc7234b78

Yeah, I agree with all of those.

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

You know the Panther's stadium lease ends in 2018.  Would a new owner movie them?

I wonder if Gibbs gets involved in some ownership group?

There isn't any reason to move them from Charlotte, NC, so I doubt they move.  Gibbs is still heavily involved in his race team, possible he could be involved in an investment group but I doubt it.  Here is an article from Forbes that lists potential owners:  https://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2017/12/18/here-are-12-potential-new-owners-of-the-carolina-panthers/#5efc10f6be16

I seriously doubt Diddy puts together enough people/group to win the bid, same with Jordan.  Mark Cuban is probably the best qualified on that list, but doubt he gets a shot, like the article says, he has taken shots at the NFL in the past and there is doubt they would break the rules and allow him to own two professional teams not located in the same market.  

I'm going to say it will be an owner nobody has really heard of.  

I think this owner is being smart and with all the problems the NFL is having with 1/2 empty stadiums, 6 dollar tickets, and viewership declining, he's getting out at the perfect time.

Oh and he's older than dirt as well. Why end up like the Redskins getting bought out by a buffoon?

On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:
On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 11:22 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

I seriously doubt Diddy puts together enough people/group to win the bid, same with Jordan.  Mark Cuban is probably the best qualified on that list, but doubt he gets a shot, like the article says, he has taken shots at the NFL in the past and there is doubt they would break the rules and allow him to own two professional teams not located in the same market.  

I'm going to say it will be an owner nobody has really heard of.  

Didn't Jack Kent Cooke own both the Redskins and the Los Angeles Lakers?

And if he did was this before they changed the rule?

Is he the reason that the rule was changed?

On 12/21/2017 at 10:18 PM, Cliffmark1 said:

I hate to say it but I would like another dc football team. 

They are not going to be relocated from Charlotte.  No reason to leave that market, they are top 10 in overall league attendance (#8) too.  Living in Charlotte, I'm curious as to who will buy the team, I'm thinking it may be one of the minority owners (Levine family is my guess as they are worth like 10 billion).  But it depends on what Richardson decides to do, allow a buy out of his 48% or sell the entire team and cash out with the minority owners.

Archived