Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sonny's comments on news4

Griff

Sapp. Meshawn. Terrell Owens. Bugel. A legit GM like wolf.

Who knows.

Adding Sapp, Meshawn or Owens will disgust me. Be like adding peeon or keeping B. Smith.

Sonny was about as negative as I've ever seen him on the redskins report with Michaels, Riggo, and Wilbon last week before the game. So an ear splitting grin and a change of attitude might mean something....

but for now all it does is add something of interest to a dismal season.

Originally posted by Art

Russ Grimm worries me.

Though he did a fair job in 1999, he did an AWFUL job in 1997 and 1998. We had the weakest offensive line I can remember during that time. Those were his first coaching years though and like Edwards he was atrocious in getting his guys ready.

He signed with Pittsburgh in January of 2000. Unless my memory is failing me, we drafted Samuels in April of 2000. Somehow though Grimm is credited with helping Samuels develop. Perhaps my memory is just off or something. I do know that Jansen thought he was excellent.

Art is right I believe. This is the recollection I have of Grimm too. Just because he was an all-pro player, doesn't mean he was an all-pro coach. I would much rather prefer McNally of the Giants if he becomes available. :D

Originally posted by jbooma

Pettibone couldn't relate to the players now and he wasn't that good when he was our coach, that was our worst season I believe :)

Turner beat him out for that distinction the following year. Petitbon had a 4-12 mark, Turner had a 3-13 mark. I don't know if anyone was lower than Turner, I just know Petitbon doesn't have that mark under his name.

And as a defensive coordinator, Petitbon had schemes (and players, no doubt) that made things happen. Who could forget the Dallas game where Aikman tried to pass out of the endzone and our defense won it by getting a fumble - TD? When was the last time WE took a game from someone ELSE in the fouth... it feels like forever... now we just give games to others in the fourth.

Originally posted by Griff

I sure hope he doesn't blow it up, I think were close, just need a player here or there.

Really close!!! Ripping the team apart would be the worst thing to do. If it doesn't happen next year, then tear it apart...give teh boys another year with a D-Line, and we're a playoff team.

more rampent speculation...

Maybe Darrell Green is coming in to do some coaching...

That's one of the only realistic things I can even come up with...

As for Sapp joining the 'Skins, I wouldn't put my money on that one... Remember, LaVar and Warren don't exactly like each other, and right now LaVar is pretty much the 'Skins franchise player.

The light? Oh what could it mean?

1. A general manager is hired? I doubt it. Synder won't give up his fun. He loves playing fantasy football and plus, he gets a thrill of flying in free agents and high draft picks on Synder 1.

2. A new head coach. I hope so. I think the right coach can be hired and you won't have to do any rebuilding. That depends on Spurrier resigning, so I don't think this is it. Too early for Spurrier to consider that.

3. A former Skin is hired as assistant coach. Strong possibility. Joe Bugel could be our new O-line coach. Possible DL coach also waiting in the wings. This is probably what it is.

4. Players- to early on that front.

sorry, Griff, but in my mind a 4-8 team is more than one or two players away from being where we want this team to be.

we have some highly priced players that do not play up to their contracts and we have a coaching staff that has been outfoxed more than once or twice this season by their opposite numbers around the NFL.

the fact the Redskins could continue to compete with other teams AFTER losing Ramsey, Samuels and several others only highlights for me the fact that we may need to lighten the load in the offseason, and drop some of the guys that have made a reputation for HAVING TALENT rather than helping get the team wins.

Archived