Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

The Alex Smith we are seeing tonight is what my hopes are for what becomes of Kirk Cousins.  Cousins has the same athleticism to extend plays but he tends not to use it.  Not sure why, maybe it's not in his instincts to use his feet to extend plays, but anytime a play is designed for him to use his legs, he shows that he has that element to his game.   

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Alex Smith isn't a great QB. It would be laughable to even put him in a discussion for being among the top 10 in the league.

That said, he doesn't deserve the crap people talk about him. He's better than he's given credit for. 

He had a rocky start to his career, but he's since turned it around and become a respectable QB.  He's a journeyman who doesn't get the benefit of starting with a low profile due to being a 1st overall pick.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Great defense at all levels.

Great offensive line.

Good receivers.

Great rookie running back.

Excellent special teams.

Steady as she goes QB that almost never ****s up.

Great coach.

The Chiefs are going to run away with their division.  They've got a Superbowl formula.  

The Raiders will give them a run. It's a strong division. Too bad we have to play them. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Great offensive line.

Good receivers.

Excellent special teams.

Great coach.

The Chiefs are going to run away with their division.  They've got a Superbowl formula.  

I would be shocked if they run away with that division. It is the best division in football, and it's not close.

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The Alex Smith we are seeing tonight is what my hopes are for what becomes of Kirk Cousins.  Cousins has the same athleticism to extend plays but he tends not to use it.  Not sure why, maybe it's not in his instincts to use his feet to extend plays, but anytime a play is designed for him to use his legs, he shows that he has that element to his game.   

Kirk has a really different personality and playing style.  He's a gunslinger whereas Smith is ultra-conservative.  Kirk has a better arm too.  He can be much more of a playmaker than Smith.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I would be shocked if they run away with that division. It is the best division in football, and it's not close.

Denver isn't **** and I'll believe the Chargers have turned it around when I see it.  And people seem to take it for granted that Derek Carr is going to be fully recovered this year despite the fact he suffered his injury so late in the season.

The NFC South is much better.  The NFC East is probably better too.

10 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Great offensive line.

Good receivers.

Excellent special teams.

Great coach.

Except Andy Reid is Marty Schottenheimer.

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Great offensive line.

Good receivers.

Excellent special teams.

Great coach.

Too many injuries, especially if Berry is gone for the year with the Achilles injury. Hill injured too.

Archived