Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

19 minutes ago, visionary said:

It's tonight????

Are people really buying this?  She comes all the way at him with this divulging of a private conversation and then tries to claim the role as peacemaker?  This was entirely orchestrated by her campaign.  She showed more teeth doing this than in all her years of pretending the holder doctrine constitutes justice.  She owns it now, the good and the bad.

29 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I have already said that whoever the Dem nominee is, they will not have full support of all the potential voters.

I do expect the Dems to make the same mistake and I expect Trump to win.

I mean, who does though in any election?  Support is different then pulling the lever in the general, I held my nose for Hillary like "I was supposed to". And I'll do it again because this is about authoritarianism more then anything else at this point.

If Dems lose to the worst candidate imaginable in two elections in a row, it wont be as simple as one thing to blame except themselves

The party allowed someone who isnt a Democrat to run as a Democrat to get people to pay attention that normally wouldnt then complain when they dont vote Democrat if the eventual nominee keeps saying Bernie isnt a Democrat?  That's like saying a non Democrat should be to blame for non Democrats not voting Democrat.

DNC cant have its cake and eat it too on this one.

https://www.npr.org/2017/04/22/525089501/sanders-unity-tour-with-dnc-chair-exposes-rifts-but-also-suggests-common-goals

24 minutes ago, Destino said:

Are people really buying this?  She comes all the way at him with this divulging of a private conversation and then tries to claim the role as peacemaker?  This was entirely orchestrated by her campaign.  She showed more teeth doing this than in all her years of pretending the holder doctrine constitutes justice.  She owns it now, the good and the bad.

You really think Warren is out here giving her blessing to have this leaked? It doesn't benefit her if Sanders folks hate her. If she's going anywhere she'll need his base to gather round her.

Have people really forgotten how childish and nasty the 2016 GOP primary season was?  This has been patty-cake in comparison.  The main difference is that the GOP fell in line for the general election.  Whether the Dems do the same or not is likely what determines the 2020 election.

13 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

You really think Warren is out here giving her blessing to have this leaked? It doesn't benefit her if Sanders folks hate her. If she's going anywhere she'll need his base to gather round her.

It does if more people hate Bernie then her, look at how this is being framed right now

45 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Blessing?  I think she sat in a room and approved every inch of this.  This is politics, and the players at the highest level with decades of experiences aren't running campaigns hoping for happy accidents.  This isn’t even dirty by political standards, it’s just blatant.  Whatever truce these two had has ended, trying to feign innocence to keep it alive now, just makes her campaign look duplicitous.  

Just own it, and have it done.  The truce was never going to last forever.

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

Blessing?  I think she sat in a room and approved every inch of this.  This is politics, and the players at the highest level with decades of experiences are masters.  She’s not running her campaign hoping for happy accidents.  

Dumb strategy then. The person most likely to benefit is Biden. If this was the strategy she wouldn't have waited a day to verify Bernie speaking very bluntly.

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It does if more people hate Bernie then her, look at how this is being framed right now

The people she needs are Bernie supporters. Bernie folks are on the same wavelength as Trump supporters. You not going to get them to turn on their mans.

3 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Dumb strategy then. The person most likely to benefit is Biden. If this was the strategy she wouldn't have waited a day to verify Bernie speaking very bluntly.

I disagree this is a revival of “Bernie Bros” that proved very hard for the Bernie campaign to shake last time around, only this time they’ve hung it around Sanders’ neck instead of just his supporters.  He going to be reassuring everyone he’s a feminist for weeks and look guiltiest each time.  Nothing plays into the lefts identity politics more than an old white man assuring everyone he’s anything other than the stereotype.  This attack landed heavily imo.

100% Warren has been sitting on this for the entire campaign waiting for the right time to let it out for maximum impact.  That timing is "immediately before the last debate before Iowa."  Not an accident.  

8 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

The people she needs are Bernie supporters. Bernie folks are on the same wavelength as Trump supporters. You not going to get them to turn on their mans.

There are 2 types of Bernie supporters: (1) The people that like Bernie most, but would support Warren (or someone else) if Bernie isn't an option and (2) the people that only like Bernie and have convinced themselves that everyone else sucks/is a capitalist shill/not nearly as awesome as Bernie obviously is.  Under no circumstances will Warren get group 2, but she'll probably get most of group 1 if she can severely damage Bernie.  That's the play here.  

4 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Shes hovering around 3rd or 4th place in some of these Iowa polls now, no this is about getting as many supporters as possible. 

For a caucus, second place matters, too.  One way to try to kill two birds with one stone is try to get Bernie off of folks first and second choice in Iowa.  The End Game is the general election, but in the meantime theres articles to suggest shes trying to get Biden voters same way Bernie is because Biden is the one in first place.  

Sanders and Warren are only going after each other now because they only two progressives left and now it's time to start winning primaries. This has nothing to do with ethics or platform, its survival.

2 hours ago, visionary said:

Warren has kind of modified her m4a plan, though she does still support m4a as an end result, I think.

I'd say "down the road" only counts if she wants to have the vote for when down the road while shes in office,  I dont know what her timeline is anymore, but I get your point that its technically only her and Bernie saying they even have one or that as a real end goal.  This is different then Pete saying the Public Option will eventually lead to MFA organically, that's not MFA, and no guarantee that's actually what's going to happen.

why are we listening to them rehash the same old stuff about the Iraq war in general for the 100th time?  Move on from this crap and get to Iran specifically or about Iraq wanting us out.  

Tom Steyer opens his mouth really wide for an English speaker.  I’ve noticed it now, which means I can’t stop seeing it.

Archived