Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

14 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Looking more like Warren didn't strategically leak this. My initial read looking accurate. Didn't make sense for this to be put out by Warren. But no one is going to pay attention to this since the initial story has taken hold 

Are you saying that you think the media was aware of this and simply chose to sit on it for a year?  When did her campaign decide to go on the record with it?  Why the change of heart? 

12 minutes ago, Destino said:

Are you saying that you think the media was aware of this and simply chose to sit on it for a year?  When did her campaign decide to go on the record with it?  Why the change of heart?  

Yes and that's what this reporting says. Eventually someone was able to get enough sources to run with it. Like the Steele dossier was out for months till Buzzfeed decided to publish it. The campaign went on the record because they couldn't just keep quiet on it. She said it off the record a year ago but now it's the open can't not comment on it. Maybe Warren could have came out softer but if you remember the way she remembers it's got to be hard to hold your tongue.

Checks ES to see if anyone has picked up on the latest hit piece on Biden yet.  Half wits claiming on reddit that he wants to kill social security.

Good job ES.

Either that period I’ve picked up on this too soon and people will soon be pointing out what an evil man Biden is.

The Atlantic: Progressives Warn of a Great Deflation 

That is the question.  Which Dem candidate will depress the most Dem voters?

Will a Warren or Sanders nomination deflate the Dem vote more than a Biden or Buttigieg nomination deflate the Dem vote?

I firmly believe that any of the 4 candidates will depress a portion of the Dem voting base, that will give Trump his reelection.

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

Checks ES to see if anyone has picked up on the latest hit piece on Biden yet.  Half wits claiming on reddit that he wants to kill social security.

Good job ES.

Either that period I’ve picked up on this too soon and people will soon be pointing out what an evil man Biden is.

nobody is calling Biden an evil person but he is a tremendously flawed candidate and yeah, he’s tried to cut SS many times in his political career. I don’t know why you dispute that. 

did he do it to save other social programs? Yeah. Did he do it as a compromise to republicans to balance the budget without going after other programs? Yes 

With a team of Secret Service agents present, Clinton sat down on a mid-January afternoon in Pasadena to discuss her decision to open up her life to further examination, her damning assessments of both Sanders and Trump and her own thoughts on the electability of a woman.

Once you agreed to open yourself up for this docuseries, what was your biggest concern?

I don't know that I really understood what I was getting into. We ended up doing 35 hours of interviews, and it was both exhilarating and obviously painful at some points. It was probably made easier because of the rapport with [Burstein], and it gave me a chance to try to explain things and maybe to vent a bit.

In the doc, you're brutally honest on Sanders: "He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It's all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it." That assessment still hold?

Yes, it does.

If he gets the nomination, will you endorse and campaign for him?

I'm not going to go there yet. We're still in a very vigorous primary season. I will say, however, that it's not only him, it's the culture around him. It's his leadership team. It's his prominent supporters. It's his online Bernie Bros and their relentless attacks on lots of his competitors, particularly the women. And I really hope people are paying attention to that because it should be worrisome that he has permitted this culture — not only permitted, [he] seems to really be very much supporting it. And I don't think we want to go down that road again where you campaign by insult and attack and maybe you try to get some distance from it, but you either don't know what your campaign and supporters are doing or you're just giving them a wink and you want them to go after Kamala [Harris] or after Elizabeth [Warren]. I think that that's a pattern that people should take into account when they make their decisions.

Speaking of, he allegedly told Sen. Elizabeth Warren in 2018 that he didn't think a woman could win, a statement he vigorously denies. How did you digest that?

Well, number one, I think [that sentiment] is untrue, which we should all say loudly. I mean, I did get more votes both in the primary, by about 4 million, and in the general election, by about 3 million. I think that both the press and the public have to really hold everybody running accountable for what they say and what their campaign says and does. That's particularly true with what's going on right now with the Bernie campaign having gone after Elizabeth with a very personal attack on her. Then this argument about whether or not or when he did or didn't say that a woman couldn't be elected, it's part of a pattern. If it were a one-off, you might say, "OK, fine." But he said I was unqualified. I had a lot more experience than he did, and got a lot more done than he had, but that was his attack on me. I just think people need to pay attention because we want, hopefully, to elect a president who's going to try to bring us together, and not either turn a blind eye, or actually reward the kind of insulting, attacking, demeaning, degrading behavior that we've seen from this current administration.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Wtf is she doing?  What is she going to do if hes the nominee and this turns into a campaign ad on repeat?  Endorse him?  Not talking coulda avoided all that.

Worse has been said in every campaign, a hell of a lot worse was said about Trump by people who lick his toes daily.  She probably should have said she wasn't going to get into it again though, even if it's mostly pretty accurate. 

Archived