Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

4 hours ago, Forehead said:

I really shouldn't have wasted my time doing this, but I just had to.  Assuming a few potential data entry errors, I got an average of 57.69%.  I think Nonniey forgot to carry a 1 somewhere.

I think Forehead forgot to include every year the US was in existence (mea culpa I did forget to add the income tax that existed during the Civil War). Sure you can divide by 106 to get in the 57.69 range but the US is 243 years old not 106 . 

4 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

So with only 11 out of 106 years being less than what he claimed as the average for that period (and a good block of it being 2-3x higher)...yeah about that 25.42%

🤣

The US is 106 years old? Who knew?🤣

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Unless I'm mistaken, that chart you quoted had 106 years on it. ...... 

That's right it couldn't have posted the highest marginal income tax rates of earlier years because there weren't any.  (With the exception of the Civil War which I admit I forgot to add in my calculations).  And I said the average marginal tax rate "through US History" was 25+ %.

4 minutes ago, nonniey said:

That's right it couldn't have posted the highest marginal income tax rates of earlier years because there weren't any.  (With the exception of the Civil War which I admit I forgot to add in my calculations).  And I said the average marginal tax rate "through US History" was 25+ %.

So you willingly used 137 years of zeroes to make some asinine argument about an average over a 243 year period? 

6 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

FOH with this. There's a list of people to blame and Trump is right at number one.

Beto signaling his lane in the Democratic primary.  He'll run as a "uniter" just like he did in Texas.  He'll be the young guy without much baggage in the same lane as Joe Biden.  Not a terrible place to be.  

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

So you willingly used 137 years of zeroes to make some asinine argument about an average over a 243 year period? 

Honestly, it’s probably the strongest, most factually transparent argument he’s been able to offer in his time here.  We’ve clearly had a positive effect on him.  

13 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Beto signaling his lane in the Democratic primary.  He'll run as a "uniter" just like he did in Texas.  He'll be the young guy without much baggage in the same lane as Joe Biden.  Not a terrible place to be.  

Booker is trying for that lane too, but.. meh. Never understood his appeal. 

Archived