Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

Algorithm Targets Marijuana Convictions Eligible To Be Cleared

When California voters passed Proposition 64 in 2016, they made it legal to use marijuana recreationally and gave residents an opportunity to clear their records of certain marijuana-related convictions.

But the proposition came with a caveat: In order to get a past conviction reduced or dismissed, the burden fell to the person convicted — a process considered costly, time-consuming and confusing. Consequently, just 3% of people who qualify for relief received it, according to the nonpartisan group Code for America.

"Why are we asking people with convictions to go through this really burdensome process? Why can't government do that?" the group's senior program manager, Alia Toran-Burrell, recalled thinking.

Code for America saw an opportunity: To help clear the backlog of some 220,000 cases, the organization developed an algorithm to identify which residents qualify to have their records cleared or reduced. Now, district attorneys across the state are crediting the group with expediting an otherwise slow and tedious process.

The group's algorithm works by analyzing massive datasets of criminal records that meet district attorneys' eligibility standards. The resulting product is a legible database that pinpoints those who are qualified to have their convictions either eased or outright dismissed.

Since launching the program, Code for America has helped reduce or dismiss about 85,000 marijuana-related convictions in California, according to Toran-Burrell.

Click on the link for the full article

You want the old white guys to legalize marijuana, tell 'em it'll fix their erectile dysfunction..,

Marijuana May Have Caused 12-Hour Erection, Doctors Say

Clinicians in a recently published case study have concluded that cannabis was the likely culprit behind a 32-year-old man’s persistent, painful erections. It’s a rare and curious example of marijuana being associated with what’s known in medical jargon as priapism—an erection lasting more than four hours that’s not related to sexual activity.

Priapism can have serious consequences, the report notes, including “damage to the penile tissue, with notable destruction obvious at twelve hours” and “over 90% of those remaining erect for 24 h losing sexual function.” The effects can be permanent.

The patient in the case study, published this month in the Journal of Cannabis Research, had been previously treated at the hospital for an erection lasting 12 hours. In a second incident described in the report, he arrived at the emergency department with an erection that had persisted for six hours. He told doctors that he had been smoking marijuana several nights a week for the past six months and during that period experienced “four or more episodes of a persistent erection lasting close to four hours.” In each case, he had smoked within a two-hour period before the erection began.

The case study’s authors, a team at Coliseum Medical Centers in Georgia, call it “the first known case of cannabis-associated priapism in a patient where all other known causes of priapism have been excluded.”

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Edibles.

How to Get High Safely During the Coronavirus Pandemic

In the wake of the global coronavirus pandemic, government and health officials have issued mandates and guidelines to help slow the spread of the illness, from the shutdown of Broadway to shelter-in-place — and as a result, many people are struggling to maintain a semblance of normalcy. For some, cannabis consumption is central to daily rituals: According to a Gallup poll, 12% of American adults say they smoke marijuana and those who use cannabis medicinally — some 3.7 million Americans, according to data analytics firm New Frontier Data — rely on the plant for relief for a number of conditions.

While no longer synonymous with hazy sessions among friends, cannabis consumption is heavily rooted in community and sharing. However, in a period where social gathering is a health risk, how does one safely partake in one of the most group-oriented practices? 

“Community has always been central to cannabis culture, but given the health crisis we find ourselves in, it is best we think of community a little differently,” Erik Altieri, the executive director of National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, tells Rolling Stone in an email. 

Because the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention recommends maintaining at least six feet of distance between others, Altieri suggests moving any group sessions to FaceTime, Zoom, or Skype. Now is not the time to share joints, bongs, bowls, pipes, or vape pens, either. Frequently clean your pieces with high percentage isopropyl alcohol, he says, to ensure they’re sterile. 

It may be best not to share your stash, either. While scientists have discovered coronavirus can survive for up to four hours on copper surfaces, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and up to two-to-three days on plastic and stainless steel, the Food and Drug Administration says coronavirus is not foodborne. But if a person who is sick sneezes or coughs on anything, from bud to a pipe, the virus can be spread. Social distancing should apply to who has access to your product.

Outside of general sanitation practices, what is less known is the virus’ impact on smokers and vapers. One small study examining 78 coronavirus-impacted patients in China found that those with more severe symptoms had a history of smoking. While no studies exist directly linking cannabis combustion (or cannabis consumption in general) to coronavirus symptoms, COVID-19 causes respiratory illness, an issue smoking only exacerbates. Because smoking and vaping have been linked with lung inflammation, suppressed immunity, and increased risk of influenza and respiratory infections, some medical professionals suspect those who choose these methods of consumption could experience more severe symptoms of coronavirus.

@China glad you posted that, a close friend and I talked about some of that including if smoking at all was a good or bad idea given the dangers presented to people with compromised lunges.

I'm might focus on vaporizer, I don't want to put what I have in edibles right now, I don't live in a state I can go down the street and get it.

I was wondering if they would close dispensaries, or keep them open.  I assumed they would stay open, or at least allow for delivery.

I have to admit that I had some curiosity about what would happen if shops were closed where it was legal.  I wondered if there would end up being an ironic twist where it was easier for people to get weed in states where it was illegal, due to the normal underground distribution being unaffected by orders to close businesses.

However, I think states where weed is legal know people would break quarantine to get alcohol and weed, so they will allow it to be sold in one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...