Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever smoked Weed before???

Renegade7

Have you ever smoked Weed before??? Do you still?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever smoked weed before???

• Yes, and I liked it
    • Yes, but I didn't like it
    • No, but I'm open to trying it at some point
    • No, and I'm never going to

Alright potheads...

My wife got me CBD gummies for a stocking stuffer this year.  Aside from the pleasant surprise that she isn’t a total lamer, I don’t need really know too much about CBD.

I know CBD can’t get you high.  I know it’s supposed to help with pain and anxiety.  I’m still leery about putting a substance into my body that hasn’t been fda tested, per se.

These gummies are 500 mg CBD Live Green sour gummies.  How many am I supposed to chew?  Will I “feel” anything at all?

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Alright potheads...

My wife got me CBD gummies for a stocking stuffer this year.  Aside from the pleasant surprise that she isn’t a total lamer, I don’t need really know too much about CBD.

I know CBD can’t get you high.  I know it’s supposed to help with pain and anxiety.  I’m still leery about putting a substance into my body that hasn’t been fda tested, per se.

These gummies are 500 mg CBD Live Green sour gummies.  How many am I supposed to chew?  Will I “feel” anything at all?

500 MGs?! Bruh, be careful.  CBD is a totally different animal, I'll let others chime in.

But 500 MGs of THC edibles will probably send you spiraling into a time loop and a probably terrible experience. Especially of you're not used to edibles, totally different experience from smoking your weed.  

But again maybe a bunch of CBD won't do much.  I tried a tincture/eye dropper once of CBD and didn't feel a thing.  Not even the clarity or concentration some folks say CBD gives them. 

4 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I was told that I should try moon rocks??? 

Yes.  have fun and know your tolerance.  Stay hydrated.  Tell us about it if you do.

Been listening to a lot of frequency music while in bed stoned... having some crazy and lucid (but all positive) dreams.  the frequency of the tones stimulates your pineal gland.  When I had the ego death experience a few months ago, I was listening to 936Hz pineal binaural beats.  When I woke from my hallucination, my head was vibrating and ears were ringing from the extreme pineal gland stimulation (weed makes the pineal gland more sensitive).  Hard to put into words how it felt, but man...was it groovy.  

Closw your eyes and lay in bed for 15 mins stoned with this music on.... you'll enter the matrix.  Especially if you've had edibles.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I was told that I should try moon rocks??? 

It's just weed coated in kief and then dipped in THC Distillate. It's cool to try and it will hit hard, but I prefer my flower and concentrates separately. Plus distillate is a weird high in my opinion or a stripped down high. If I want concentrates I'm going with some full spectrum live resin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chew said:

500 MGs?! Bruh, be careful.  CBD is a totally different animal, I'll let others chime in.

But 500 MGs of THC edibles will probably send you spiraling into a time loop and a probably terrible experience. Especially of you're not used to edibles, totally different experience from smoking your weed.  

But again maybe a bunch of CBD won't do much.  I tried a tincture/eye dropper once of CBD and didn't feel a thing.  Not even the clarity or concentration some folks say CBD gives them. 

Theres a shop in Manassas I'm bout to go to get some CBD, I'll ask about this as well, because that does sound like a lot for something that isnt meant to get you high. Too much of a good thing can totally be a bad thing.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Springfield said:

So just for clarification, the 500 mg is spread out over the entire package of gummies, not 500 my per gummie (I said that because even I thought I was overthinking it). 

Again, the goal isn't to get high, but its somewhere between the low then drawn out feeling of oil on the tongue and quick but not as long last effect of the pen.  I got the pen first because I don't like it there's no point in getting the oil (but I have a very specific reason for trying this).

I'd say what @Chew is pointing to about THC edibles should be a solid rule for anything you eat and expecting an effect: don't just keep eating them until you feel something.  Try a couple, keep in mind how many you took, so you'll know to try more or less the next time. I expect it to effect everyone differently because everyone's body chemistry is different ahead of time.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kosher Ham said:

Generally that means 500 per gummy.  Same as taking a Tylenol. 

I have a hard time believing their 500mg per gummy when a gram of cbd isolate goes for like $30. 

Most edibles have the mg per package amount advertised not the mg per piece/serving. 

• Like 3

Good to get some clarity.  Yeah brother, I was like 500 MGs...... in one gummy?  That's insane.  I bought 300 MGs of gummy edibles on Friday to last me an entire week.  500 MGs in one sitting is a one-way ticket to the sunken place, where you can't "catch up" to real time and you're asking God to please let you live and get back to normal :rofl89: 

There are some wild and funny stories on YouTube about 100+ MGs of edibles gone wrong.  Joe Rogan and Joey Diaz have some great ones.  Bad trips are definitely not funny at the time, though. :( 

19 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

I have a hard time believing their 500mg per gummy when a gram of cbd isolate goes for like $30. 

Most edibles have the mg per package amount advertised not the mg per piece/serving. 

Yeah.  Of the three different dispensaries I've been to here in CO, most manufacturers sell edibles in packs of 10, with each cookie/gummy/PB cup @ 10MGs, for a total of 100 MGs per pack. 

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/26/2018 at 12:26 AM, Chew said:

Yes.  have fun and know your tolerance.  Stay hydrated.  Tell us about it if you do.

Been listening to a lot of frequency music while in bed stoned... having some crazy and lucid (but all positive) dreams.  the frequency of the tones stimulates your pineal gland.  When I had the ego death experience a few months ago, I was listening to 936Hz pineal binaural beats.  When I woke from my hallucination, my head was vibrating and ears were ringing from the extreme pineal gland stimulation (weed makes the pineal gland more sensitive).  Hard to put into words how it felt, but man...was it groovy.  

Closw your eyes and lay in bed for 15 mins stoned with this music on.... you'll enter the matrix.  Especially if you've had edibles.  

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

tenor.gif

Best gif. usage. ever.  :rofl89:

I'm telling you, man.  That ego-death experience was the realest **** I've ever felt, I read up about it for hours after I woke up.  Most people say you need to be on acid to get high enough to have an ego-death experience but I was on edibles and faced a whole joint of that Willie Nelson Reserve.  I've never been so humbled in my life.  Made me want to be a better husband, son, and father.  Also reinforced the feeling I've had in my gut since I was a young child that one of my purposes here on earth is to spread kindness and love to everyone I come across.  :) 

I wish everybody could experience ego death, man.  It was incredible. 

https://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/07/25/learning-from-an-ego-death/

Edited by Chew
  • Like 2

Man I've had some crazy experiences in my life, **** that just completely blew the top off what I thought real life was like and one of them kind of involved what you wrote about regarding ego death @Chew

It was a deeply shamanic experience really and I hadn't even smoked in days. Actually I was working my way out of a serious depression and reading some neuroscience type book called Looking for Spinoza by Antonio Damasio while on a 4 day trip with my dad to Costa Rica. Anyways, what happened is while I was working on myself "I" turned into "We". Or to be more specific I lost a portion of "I" and in it's place gained this sense of "We" in me and outside me. I felt the "we" of my individual cells, the "we" in the grains of sand and the droplets of water in the ocean. It moved me to do these shamanic offerings of communion and connection and protection to all of the elements. It changed the way everything felt and set off a series of events that has completely changed my life forever.

As the day went on and my communions took place, the way the world felt started to change. It was kind of like taking some really clean, pure molly/ecstacy but even that is a ****ty substitute compared to what I felt that day. The euphoria I felt was incomparable, but it felt like the very essence, the very energy of euphoria was present in my body, like black chains of pure pleasure languidly erupting from my chest and coiling all around me. Kundalini energy maybe?

This energy and euphoria just kept spooling out of me and it started affecting people around me, especially women. If I could feel them, they could feel me, because "we" weren't separated and so it seemed to be the case. I would see this girl, turn toward her and be caught in sexual tension so strong it would transfix me. Filling me with visions of walking towards her and taking her in my arms, only to shake my head out to clear the vision, and find BOTH of us walking towards each other exactly as the vision was showing me. And when I stopped it and moved away because I was worried about getting her in trouble (she was on the clock as a waitress and we were both walking toward each other in the middle of an open air restaurant) she would shake her head too as if clearing herself from a sudden fog. Looking at me with this disappointment and confusion as if something deeply right and natural, yet magical was halted before it could begin. This **** was going down in the middle of the afternoon, it was so strange and so unlike anything I've ever known to be real.

We were leaving Costa Rica that day, so later we had a little 40 minute puddle jumper flight and on there that energy kept spooling out of me and I could feel the attention of women around me. If I moved a certain way, they moved a certain way as if trying to unconsciously stay in sync with me and all the pleasure erupting out of my body. It was weird and awkward while at the same time incredibly amazing. I felt like a super model, but in a good and a bad way because even though I had all this attention... I wasn't used to it and it was stressful having all these people look at me while also trying to figure out what in the **** was going on in my body. I had female airport security being super handsy when patting me down and there was this one lady who left her husband to come sit next to my dad and start hitting on him. Then there was this one guy who was not right in the head, who just started freaking out in the airport and had to be moved. 

It was like I had this field of pleasure erupting from my body at a finite range and it was making certain people with varying sensitivities act weird all around me and then go back to normal after they moved away from my presence. It could have just been all in my head, but there were too many different instances for me to chalk it all up to coincidence. And ever since that experience, which was like 7 or so years ago that feeling of energy, of being able to feel the charge/energy of every movement in my body has never left me. I feel that **** all the time and use it to track and map my emotions and consciousness. The "We" I received in exchange for part of "I" never left me and I've been a ****ing weirdo ever since. I can subtly slow down my perception of time, create euphoria events in my body on command (though never as strong or as healthy as that initial event), and so many other things. It's been an amazing experience while at the same time the most hellish experience I've ever had. It's like that change hooked an amplifier up to my body's energy and it's given me so many abilities and insights, while also so many challenges and burdens that I've had to suffer through. It's both broken me profoundly and been the tool I used to save my life and put my broken pieces back together.

eh... **** is crazy in my landscape. Maybe this stuff I feel is like chi or whatever. I think I've just developed an extreme sensitivity to van der waals forces due to no longer having so many of my inputs filled with identity based stimulation. Rather than worrying about all the normal people thoughts and paradigms, I get a portion of energetic stuff rolling through me all the time. 

Maybe I should delete this, but whatever. It's not like i'm running for office one day or will need to go through a background check. I'm a second class citizen already.

Edited by Fresh8686
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not educated enough in CBD to give a constructive answer. As far as THC goes, I bought my wifea bag of edibles (cookies) each cookie was 10mg.   The first time she took one she had a whole cookie and she was pretty much stuck sitting in bed for a handful of hours with the same expression on her face until she fell asleep later that night.   She has found that for her, 1/4th to 1/2 a cookie is the right amount.  Keep in mind we were both semi-regular smokers in our late teens to about mid 20's.  She stopped pretty much cold turkey until this year and I reduced my usage to pretty much only when I was out disc golfing with friends & family, and it would almost always be sativa based which is the better strain for when you want to be active.   Indica....even the cheaper stuff still puts me in the couch for a few hours.  I am a lightweight compared to my younger self, but I am ok with that.  I like the fact that when I do partake it doesn't take a lot to get there.  

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

Ran across a chat where I observed  several users expounding on the healthy "anti-carcinogenic" benefits of smoking weed.  I decided to engage and there was no dissuading them - they actually believed this (tried to point out that pain management benefits was it's primary medical benefit but smoking it was itself more carcinogenic than cigarettes) . So question is there a common belief among users that smoking weed is healthy?  

7 minutes ago, nonniey said:

So question is there a common belief among users that smoking weed is healthy?  

Well the act of inhaling smoke into your body is never going to be good for you perse.  Smoke was not meant to enter our lungs.  More carcinogenic than cigarettes?  I am not sure how research is gathered since cigarettes contain all sorts of additives and nasty stuff.   if the question of being more carcinogenic was strictly pure tobacco vs marijuana?  I still don't know the answer, but that would make more sense to debate.  I seriously doubt a nug of weed picked off a plant is more carcinogenic than everything corporations plug into a cigarette. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fresh8686 said:

Maybe I should delete this, but whatever. It's not like i'm running for office one day or will need to go through a background check. I'm a second class citizen already.

Wow, that is crazy!  :o  I appreciate you sharing your experience.  I can't imagine what that must've been like.  My man Fresh was like Eros out there in Costa Rica :headbang:

As someone who is skeptical of just about everything like what we're talking about, if I had not gone through the ego death thing myself, I probably wouldn't believe your story.  But I know now that this kind of stuff is real.  A lot of folks would scoff and laugh, and that's totally okay.  I probably would too if I hadn't went through it myself. But now I'm obsessed with this stuff and I want to learn more.   I've recently joined some spiritual/meditation forums and there is so much information out there. 

I too wondered if I should type out my ego death experience here on ES, because folks might call in a wellness check on me :rofl89:.  I had it all typed out and thought about deleting the whole thing.  "That dude Chew has always been kinda weird, but I didn't know he was THAT weird" LOL. 

Didn't want to talk much about it on ES as folks would think I'm crazy, but I've recently bought some books about how to meditate and open your third eye, and I've also been reading up and watching YouTube videos on astral projection.  Thinking about getting other worldly stoned this weekend and trying out astral projection.  But they say you've got to be clearheaded and completely free of any stress and worry, so it might take me a while.  I had no idea that the Insidious horror movies are completely about astral projection and what some people say can go very badly with it.  

I'm now open to all things, and marijuana helps it all as it gets that pineal gland hot and bothered.  One guy I was watching a YouTube video on for astral projection referred to the pineal gland as the "brain clit," because it is the key to limitless pleasure and awakening.  :806:

Edited by Chew
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Ran across a chat where I observed  several users expounding on the healthy "anti-carcinogenic" benefits of smoking weed.  I decided to engage and there was no dissuading them - they actually believed this (tried to point out that pain management benefits was it's primary medical benefit but smoking it was itself more carcinogenic than cigarettes) . So question is there a common belief among users that smoking weed is healthy?  

Theres simply not enough research to say the full effects of what to expect from weed in regards to cancer except the ones the government wants to get out (which is typically to further their current stance on the issue).  Having said that, Bob Marley died from cancer...in 1981.  The stuff that's out now is considerably stronger and have to keep in mind that many smoke weed to help deal with the treatment of cancer not the cancer itself. 

Limited research suggests some of the cannabinoids outside of THC could very well be used to replace cancer drugs, either to treat the cancer itself or dealing with the other treatments for it.  But like has been mentioned, you cant smoke broccoli and expect it to be good for you, that's not the safest means of getting in the body.  Enter things like vaporizers.

3 hours ago, nonniey said:

I think that, among the uneducated, there is that belief.  It’s the same as people who drink that think alcohol is good for you.

The act of smoking ANYTHING is most certainly bad for you.  Other methods (eating, vaping, etc) are probably more “healthy”.

There is a belief that weed has anti cancer effects... which has no real medical evidence because the government generally forbids the study of marijuana’s effects.

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think that, among the uneducated, there is that belief.  It’s the same as people who drink that think alcohol is good for you.

The act of smoking ANYTHING is most certainly bad for you.  Other methods (eating, vaping, etc) are probably more “healthy”.

There is a belief that weed has anti cancer effects... which has no real medical evidence because the government generally forbids the study of marijuana’s effects.

I want to add to this after reading his question again, its really not fair to even throw tobacco in the category of being as carcinogenic as many believe it to be. 

It's the additives that have taken it to another level, people weren't dropping left and right from lung cancer like they do today when that was the cash crop that basically made the colonies possible, otherwise the whole thing would've stopped 400 years. 

The difference between smoking a hookah and a pack of cowboy killers is apples to oranges, even if it's the same plant. When we went from peace piping to mass production, everything changed, and the number if lung cancer cases skyrocketed to epidemic proportions.  If i could a smoke a cigarette right now and not have that level of risk, i would, i just don't trust it anymore, I'm done, been done for years.