Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Syria chemical attack victims gassed as they slept

visionary

I'd almost like us to do some seriously nasty air strikes against regime targets and then completely deny any involvement... and blame it on errant Russian missiles. We'd know it's bull****, they'd know it's bull****...just like when they claimed the chemical attacks were caused by hitting rebel stockpiles.

5 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Yes.

When they are blown apart with American made bombs from our state of the art steath planes they are collateral damage which is an acceptable loss in war. 

Gassing them with weapons made somewhere else is terrible because...

wait I forgot where this was going....I know there must be some massive difference to fire up our national outrage as opposed to US jets bombing schools.

The options are military intervention against genocide *or* no civilian casualties caused by the US.  There is no option in which the US can intervene perfectly, and there is no option where civilians do not die horribly no matter what the US does.  So the question becomes how do we want it to end?  In that, we see that there is a huge difference.  

7 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

I'd almost like us to do some seriously nasty air strikes against regime targets and then completely deny any involvement... and blame it on errant Russian missiles. We'd know it's bull****, they'd know it's bull****...just like when they claimed the chemical attacks were caused by hitting rebel stockpiles.

I wonder if we can get Israel to do something. 

They haven't been shy about striking the regime before, but they tend to do it on a limited basis.

It will be interesting to see if any of our allies have some ideas. 

7 hours ago, Destino said:

The options are military intervention against genocide *or* no civilian casualties caused by the US.  There is no option in which the US can intervene perfectly, and there is no option where civilians do not die horribly no matter what the US does.  So the question becomes how do we want it to end?  In that, we see that there is a huge difference.  

I get it. But there are no good guys over there, I was hoping that the anti-Assad rebels would be, but then those efforts seem largely co-opted by ISIS. And now Assad is gassing people, and the Russians/Trump have been assisting Assad. 

My comments on the difference between gassing and bombs are just to point out our arbitrary moral outrage. The Russians/Assad forces destroyed Aleppo, with massive civilian losses higher than the gassing. But somehow gassing sparks the moral outrage, as if that is the line too far. Bomb a whole city = legit. Gas a village = moral outrage. And yes I bring US forces because until the gassing Trump was backing Assad. And now Trump wants to go against Assad, which then means doing something about the Russians backing Assad. So, we'll see what that looks like.

In the end this is a massive cluster, and few if any in the US want to see MORE US troops fighting in another sandbox. I'm glad that everyone had a moral wake-up call with the gassing, but were you all just hitting the snooze button for the last couple years? 

Well now I'm just rambling so ignore me. #frustrated #helpless #IWontSacrificeMyKidsToTheGodsOfWar

5 hours ago, visionary said:

I wonder if we can get Israel to do something. 

They haven't been shy about striking the regime before, but they tend to do it on a limited basis.

It will be interesting to see if any of our allies have some ideas. 

They do it with pre-approval or at least notice to Russia though ... .

33 minutes ago, Why am I Mr. Pink? said:

I think Russia will have to tacitly approve any US airstrikes on a Syria regime target. 

Or we see what the F-35 can do and hope we dont lose a couple of our best pilots in the process ... 

More a matter of what the new Growlers can do

However, when asked whether the British military should get involved in the country if it results in conflict with Russia, Britons are more evenly split.

Some 41% would support UK involvement, while 38% would oppose it.

Archived